Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Better Consipiracy Theory and ASICs  (Read 6028 times)
mobodick (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 02:02:16 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2013, 10:54:55 PM by mobodick

So how about this one:

All bitcoin ASIC firms are fake.
They all bought a design and manufacturing facilities from a single chinese firm.
That firm is now not delivering.
So all ASIC firms are delayed by the same amount of time and have to come up with crummy excuses to cover the fact that they have nothing to sell unless the Chinese firm gives it to them.
Untill this single firm starts delivering there will be no ASICs.

so... will this fly?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 09:30:46 PM

So how about this one:

They all bought a design and manufacturing facilities from a single chinese firm.
So all ASIC firms are delayed by the sae amount of time and have to come up with crummy excuses to cover the fact that they have nothing to sell unless the Chinese firm gives it to them.

so... will this fly?

Agreed

Also that the chinese firm is a fake as well and they all have been taken in ...lol

I am out ASIC chips is not what BTC/LTC is about

I am not going to play their game any more Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:11:32 PM

Considering all evidence points to them having working units, and there are pictures of fully assembled jalapeno PSCs and they're supposed to ship in like 2 days or something, I don't think you're right.

I have a counter-theory.  They took all the money and are mining Hydrogen 3 aka Tritium on the moon after teaming up with the moon Nazis that live on the dark side of the moon.  Then they're going to be on the supply side of energy with nuclear fusion reactors and everyone will continue to use tons of electricity with GPUs.  That's where the real money is!

Now if you're saying, hey Des, you probably just watched Iron Skies last night on Netflix and just typed out the majority of the plot for that movie.  I say to that, bullshit!  I wasn't just watching it, I was also playing Starcraft II at the same time, thank you very much.
debianlinux

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

they're supposed to ship in like 2 days or something,

Relevant portion bolded
Desolator

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:24:54 PM

Well, for the record, here's:

A picture of it:
http://www.butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/jalapeno-2.jpg (too big to embed)

Another picture of it:

and another picture of it:
http://www.anonmgur.com/up/746d0a6ba54410ec39c8209abd266dc1.jpg (too big to embed)

So I think it's safe to say it exists and they have one.  So anyone saying they'll never ship ever is a moron.  You do realize they've shipped FPGA products in the past.  This is not a new company.  Shipping products way late is also not new for this company, lol.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 09:53:49 PM

mobodick you pretty much nailed it.  Smiley
This is also the only real possibility for ASICs to be real, that they are using a retail product (an existing SHA-256 ASIC)

A picture of it:
http://www.butterflylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/jalapeno-2.jpg (too big to embed)

Another picture of it:

http://www.anonmgur.com/up/746d0a6ba54410ec39c8209abd266dc1.jpg (too big to embed)

So I think it's safe to say it exists and they have one.  So anyone saying they'll never ship ever is a moron.  You do realize they've shipped FPGA products in the past.  This is not a new company.  Shipping products way late is also not new for this company, lol.

Give me 100BTC and a month and I promise to supply you with something as convincing as this.

This is a pcb with some parts a few heatsinks but without the ASICs.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 10:10:13 PM

mobodick you pretty much nailed it.  Smiley
This is also the only real possibility for ASICs to be real, that they are using a retail product (an existing SHA-256 ASIC)

A picture of it:

Another picture of it:

So I think it's safe to say it exists and they have one.  So anyone saying they'll never ship ever is a moron.  You do realize they've shipped FPGA products in the past.  This is not a new company.  Shipping products way late is also not new for this company, lol.

Give me 100BTC and a month and I promise to supply you with something as convincing as this.

This is a pcb with some parts a few heatsinks but without the ASICs.

I think Desolator got you with that picture. Everyone knows that pictures cannot be modified and then posted on the internets.
Someone would have to make a program to change the picture, and no such program exists. Even if it did, the internet police would arrest them!

And kittens.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 10:14:11 PM

I think Desolator got you with that picture. Everyone knows that pictures cannot be modified and then posted on the internets.
Someone would have to make a program to change the picture, and no such program exists. Even if it did, the internet police would arrest them!

And kittens.

shh, I was really hoping to get a reason to improve my gimp skills  Sad
Desolator

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 11:37:53 PM

Did you know there were 2 other pics and the heatsink-less version matches up perfectly and the layout is correct for an ASIC?  Or are you just a piece of shit, arrogant forum troll douche who doesn't read anything?  Given your ignore count, I'm going to go with troll douche.  I'm tempted to go place a pre-order so I can get it in a couple days and throw it at you.  That'd  be money well spent.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 02:02:23 AM

Did you know there were 2 other pics and the heatsink-less version matches up perfectly and the layout is correct for an ASIC?  

Yes if it is a physical replica I would expect it to match, and if it is a semi decent image forgery too.
What's the 'correct' layout for an ASIC?

But let me ask you this if the picture shows a working protoype why wasn't that shown on CES?
It's a replica alright, as long as there are no working SHA-256 chips in it.

What I find also puzzeling is that these replicas weren't shown either. There certainly wouldn't have been the whole micon vs josh drama if it were.

Or are you just a piece of shit, arrogant forum troll douche who doesn't read anything?  Given your ignore count, I'm going to go with troll douche.  I'm tempted to go place a pre-order so I can get it in a couple days and throw it at you.  That'd  be money well spent.

Don't be offended with me, I am simply a sceptic. I'm not 'convinced' BFL is a scam or anything, I just say it's a strong possibility. This producing ASICs with that specs isn't some mathematical impossibility in theory it still could happen. And if you really think the risk is low enough for you and they will fulfil their promises  by all means pre-order one.
You should rather be mad at those people who spread false information and act if their own opinion is a fact. I try to never do this and if you feel like this is the case, just kindly tell me what it is and I will clarify or revise it.
NEO2012

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:33:30 PM

So how about this one:

So all ASIC firms are delayed by the same amount of time and have to come up with crummy excuses to cover the fact that they have nothing to sell unless the Chinese firm gives it to them.

so... will this fly?

tinfoil alert 

not only that but seems to be the kind that thinks eryting is a conspiracy:)

even david icke and alex jones 

send crazy hush hush tripings birds liek that on there way:)

no ofense just saying
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:47:06 AM

blablabla..

And kittens.

I lolled...   Grin
mobodick (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 03:50:25 AM

So how about this one:

so... will this fly?

tinfoil alert 

not only that but seems to be the kind that thinks eryting is a conspiracy:)

even david icke and alex jones 

send crazy hush hush tripings birds liek that on there way:)

no ofense just saying

Do not try to use tinfoil.... that's impossible.
Instead, only try to realize the truth...

There is no tinfoil..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: