Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:53:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Japan adopts negative interest rate in surprise move  (Read 1165 times)
Ademen

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:01:43 AM

So how exactly does negative interest work? They PAY you to borrow their money? Isn't that kind of like getting paid to do trash removal?
Normal bank account: people save their money and get annual interests = You earn money by leaving it in the bank.
Negative interest rate: people save their money and pay for it = You lose money by leaving it in the bank.

It's kind of like lending your money to people and giving them free interests at the same time. With a cherry on top.

This is so weird, the weird thing always happens in Japan, they economic dumping system is the most weird.
But hey Japan is the big three country which have good economic, isn't?

It has ageing population, so the economy does not grow as fast as the business men want. But the living standards is the same as before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:13:40 PM

When I went to Japan recently they doubled-checked my luggage and other passengers' on a systematic basis at the customs, to make sure that we weren't carrying any gold (amongst all the other traditional drugs and weapons). It was my first time being controlled for gold by the customs. They even showed us a sign, explicitly showing gold bars on them, asking us if we had any  Cheesy. Has anyone else recently had the experience when going to Japan?
There's something to dig there: they're going in with the hope that people will get their money out from banks in order to actually invest in businesses and not in gold or in bitcoin. It tells you something about how desperate they are about their deflation. That's good news for us anyway. I heard that regular Japanese people liked to save money on their bank account and didn't really buy stocks or assets, but these negative interest rate here are only aimed at rich people, who of course know about these investments.

Someday they my try to come and take our gold in the west again also,  like they did in the USA before the war.  What a terrible world we live in when you are told by your government not to own gold.  it shows we live in an absolute dictatorship.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:24:19 PM

When I went to Japan recently they doubled-checked my luggage and other passengers' on a systematic basis at the customs, to make sure that we weren't carrying any gold (amongst all the other traditional drugs and weapons). It was my first time being controlled for gold by the customs. They even showed us a sign, explicitly showing gold bars on them, asking us if we had any  Cheesy. Has anyone else recently had the experience when going to Japan?
There's something to dig there: they're going in with the hope that people will get their money out from banks in order to actually invest in businesses and not in gold or in bitcoin. It tells you something about how desperate they are about their deflation. That's good news for us anyway. I heard that regular Japanese people liked to save money on their bank account and didn't really buy stocks or assets, but these negative interest rate here are only aimed at rich people, who of course know about these investments.

Someday they my try to come and take our gold in the west again also,  like they did in the USA before the war.  What a terrible world we live in when you are told by your government not to own gold.  it shows we live in an absolute dictatorship.

Molon Labe

But, .gov confiscation of gold is arguably less of interest to them, as gold is no longer considered "money" by TPTB.  In 1933, $20 gold coins circulated...

Gold and CA$H (in CASH, not electrons there at the bank) are two excellent hedges.  Bitcoin too.

CA$H at home "earns" in a NIRP environment.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:21:10 PM

I don't think it's the best idea ever but...

Well Japan tries to find a new way to reach economical growth.

Japan should try to get out of this fucking capitalism!!! But no they prefer to prostitute themself ><
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 11:54:09 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35436187

This is pretty big news guys for those who haven't heard yet.
yes inever heard this,i just heard that eurozone has negative interest rates, but this is a first for the third-largest economy. its massive surprise.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: