Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:51:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't buy eth right now.  (Read 964 times)
rdnkjdi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:24:14 PM

Ignore the fud and the hype.  I'm long term excited about this project.  But this is an insane bubble.  It could go to $10 or back to $1. 

Wait until things are boring.  I'm a hodler but would prefer noobs not get burned.  "Remember what it was like buying bitcoin at $10".

This isn't bitcoin.  This isn't a first mover into cryptospace.  Even though I think eth will destroy the need and market cap of bitcoin (wait and see).  It won't happen today or tomorrow.  You are buying into a pump.  Wait until things are boring and then don't put off your purchase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 02:31:50 PM

Ignore the fud and the hype.  I'm long term excited about this project.  But this is an insane bubble.  It could go to $10 or back to $1.  

Wait until things are boring.  I'm a hodler but would prefer noobs not get burned.  "Remember what it was like buying bitcoin at $10".

This isn't bitcoin.  This isn't a first mover into cryptospace.  Even though I think eth will destroy the need and market cap of bitcoin (wait and see).  It won't happen today or tomorrow.  You are buying into a pump.  Wait until things are boring and then don't put off your purchase.

i still think there is a coin better than eth soon before even eth can get close to bitcoin.
there is so much money to be made in this alt space and newbies believed anything.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
rdnkjdi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:38:01 PM

Eth is already better than bitcoin.  People just don't know it yet.  And the ecosystem is coming down the like at an insane rate.  Most popular alts are scams.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 02:50:40 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 03:12:10 PM by benthach

Eth is already better than bitcoin.  People just don't know it yet.  And the ecosystem is coming down the like at an insane rate.  Most popular alts are scams.

litecoin is also better than bitcoin but don't mean it have wider acceptance and adoption, most altcoin are better than bitcoin. eth adoption is zero.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 02:52:09 PM

i am not sure about the better than bitcoin part. but i am sure that ETH is a good coin and with good potential. it is going to stay around for a long time but after this pump period passed and the price took a hit it is going to start again.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 03:34:10 PM

i am waiting and holding. but i am hoping too that the price will come down again. then i don't have enough of this coin.

@OP:
at what price will you buy again?

graffix

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 03:37:13 PM

Don't buy. Baddest advice a ever  Grin.
You're clearly missing something here.

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 04:00:16 PM

I already own some since November and I think/hope it will go over $10 in a month or so but I wouldn't buy at this point either because this kind of rapid growth can crash just as fast.

Not your keys, not your coins!
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:19:54 PM

$Mal
Hey dude be more careful with those posts!
You can be banned with this..
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:59:48 PM

everybody with the smallest experience in altcoin trading knows that these price rises are so dangerous, cause they can fall at any time. and when they do, they fall hard and sharp.

Buying the dip...
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 10:26:05 PM by TPTB_need_war

Ignore the fud and the hype.  I'm long term excited about this project.

[...]

Even though I think eth will destroy the need and market cap of bitcoin (wait and see).  It won't happen today or tomorrow.  You are buying into a pump.  Wait until things are boring and then don't put off your purchase.

Eth is already better than bitcoin.  People just don't know it yet.  And the ecosystem is coming down the like at an insane rate.  Most popular alts are scams.

Why are you displaying your ignorance about technological issues that you are apparently incapable of comprehending? Even you were in my Reddit thread where I explained it, yet you somehow still are in this delusion that Ethereum is not incompetent.  Huh

Ethereum is not better than any other scam. And it is a borderline scam or at least incompetence masked by technobabble from some young nerds who know some math and programming, but have limited capitulation to reality.

So why are you constantly making threads spreading pointless FUD about ethereum?

Yeah why are you doing that stoat?

And you are lying about my identity and have refused to retract your slander, when I am clearly not the two users you accused me of being and I have even shared my LinkedIn photo and identity.

Why can't you admit that Ethereum's developers suck and after $millions wasted, they still have not solved the most fundamental issue that must be solved in order to make scripting on a block chain work?

The technological challenge with a long-running script on a block chain is verification. The gas (and txn fees) are paid to the winner of the PoW block, not to all miners, but all miners (full nodes) have to endure the SAME cost of verification. Yet not all miners have the same hashrate, thus not all miners have the same income per block. Thus some miners recoup less of their verification costs than other miners. As I explained in greater detail, this forces mining to become 100% centralized in one miner with 100% hashrate.

Ethereum is off on another tangent named Casper, with shards, consensus-by-betting, etc, which is another hopeless and futile attempt to solve a problem that CAN NOT BE SOLVED BECAUSE OF THE INVIOLABLE CAP THEOREM!

Ethereum will never solve this problem and remain decentralized. Never. Thus all the scripts and products being built on top of Ethereum are headed to failure when Ethereum fails to solve the scaling problem of verification in a decentralized manner. Because centralization of scripting is meaningless, we always had that already.

I have solved the problem because I realized verification MUST be centralized (due to the inviolable CAP theorem and the correct understanding that a 100% decentralized system can not solve the Byzantine General's Problem), and thus I instead designed a way to control the centralization of verification with decentralized PoW miners (because each user submits a PoW share with their txn and because PoW mining is rendered UNprofitable for all parties).

So who will be the winner of everything? Me. Not Ethereum. Not to mention that marketing plan is light years ahead of any altcoin, because I will market directly to the millions of masses and achieve millions of adoptions (and be the first coin to do so).

Look I was there at the beginning telling Charles (one of the guys who founded and organized the creation of Ethereum) in Skype that Vitalik's PoW algorithm could be parallelized thus not CPU only, telling him that they could not solve the fundamental problem above, and telling him that they were going to raise too much $ with too many mouths to feed and still wouldn't solve the fundamental problems. Originally Charles was recruiting me to form this company, not Vitalik. But I balked and said I didn't want to raise all that money and I didn't want to start something until I was sure I had solved all fundamental issues. If you don't believe me, go ask Charles.

All the gory details about Ethereum's technical incompetence are here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/42rvm3/truth_about_ethereum_is_being_banned_at/

Enjoy the Ethereum pump while it is hot and while people are ignorant of the truth about the technical incompetence of the Ethereum developers. Eventually the truth will come out and especially when my white papers and coin are released.

Quote from: TrashMan
I just don't want the same thing happening to ZCash that happend to ethereum, Vitalik announced a while ago how much Ether the foundation had left and then the price skyrocketed because everybody was waiting for the whales to sell out.

Could you please provide to us a link to this announcement by Vitalik?

How do we know the insiders did not sell to themselves and have (intentionally) created a deception which caused P&D fever?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: