Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 249377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:15:30 PM

I do apologize that it took this  long to really get things rolling, but I have no intention on going back on my word, QORA will be the most amazing project most people have ever seen. Even just compiling a list of ACTUALLY DECENTRALIZED SERVICES that QORA can perform, takes a lot of time, because there are SO MANY!

I truly believe that the true decentralization people will fall in love with QORA, as it is one of the ONLY coins that really truly does EVERYTHING decentralized, for real. No central servers or central authorities over ANY aspect. IT is SO COOL!  I refuse to let such cool tech go by the wayside, and things that have no merit at all come up to the top. So I choose to demonstrate what REAL decentralization is. With the help of QORA.

Anyway, yea... I went on a bit of a rant here, but I think you get my point. Wink

You speak about "DECENTRALIZATION" but isn't POW that you plan to introduce a way to centralization?
I mean what would be the way to avoid the similar power distribution like in Bitcoin
where the Chinese mining pools have the majority of power?

Wouldn't POW lead to the same situation?
Can you give any clarification about this.

Thanks.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:37:27 PM

Where did he mention that Qora should switch from PoS to PoW in the future? I read through the latest announcements and could not find anything about it.

You speak about "DECENTRALIZATION" but isn't POW that you plan to introduce a way to centralization?
I mean what would be the way to avoid the similar power distribution like in Bitcoin

Thanks.

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:07:12 PM

Where did he mention that Qora should switch from PoS to PoW in the future? I read through the latest announcements and could not find anything about it.

Thanks.

This was few months ago. Check this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1358722.msg16072160#msg16072160

Also when moving from Qora 1.0 to Qora 2.0 the amount of coins will be reduced by 1000x.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1358722.msg24984402#msg24984402

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 08:32:57 PM

I do apologize that it took this  long to really get things rolling, but I have no intention on going back on my word, QORA will be the most amazing project most people have ever seen. Even just compiling a list of ACTUALLY DECENTRALIZED SERVICES that QORA can perform, takes a lot of time, because there are SO MANY!

I truly believe that the true decentralization people will fall in love with QORA, as it is one of the ONLY coins that really truly does EVERYTHING decentralized, for real. No central servers or central authorities over ANY aspect. IT is SO COOL!  I refuse to let such cool tech go by the wayside, and things that have no merit at all come up to the top. So I choose to demonstrate what REAL decentralization is. With the help of QORA.

Anyway, yea... I went on a bit of a rant here, but I think you get my point. Wink

Thanks.

Negative, PoW in the way it is planned currently in my head, will not allow miners to mine pooled. Essentially you can think of it as the system being a pool in itself. (If my idea can be fully done this way I'm not 100% sure yet, but this is what I'm thinking...)

1. Miners mine to the network

2. Every bit of hashpower is calculated vs the overall and credited in a similar manner to a pool with the help of a Smart Contract.

3. The Smart Contract then pays the miners based on their overall % contribution of hashpower.

this is one way of doing it that I'm thinking of.

But either way, in the proof of burn concept, there's no point in mining on a pool, unless you want to level up the pool account, as newly created coins are the only coins that can be burned. Therefore, mining to a pool would level up the pool's account, not your own.

We're still deciding on how overall everything will work, but I'm leaning towards either pure PoW with either existing or new algo. The new algo could potentially make it level playing field by only being mineable on CPU with a memory-hard type of PoW.

Alternatively, we could go with something hybrid, PoW/PoS, and allow for both the staked and mined coins to contribute to the levelling with proof of burn.

but no matter what, proof of burn will help the situation, as it will allow miners to get a lower difficulty by burning their coins, allowing them to mine more.

There is still a bit to be figured out, but we'll knock it out.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
dodgrad

Activity: 1067
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:25:18 PM

@crowetic write memory-hard cpu pow do you mean like algorithm veriumcoin?  Cool

Algo: scrypt² (N of 1024² or 128MB per thread)

it work , but it's a pity that a lot of miners are botnets Smiley

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
moonriver

Activity: 392
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:03:19 AM

@crowetic write memory-hard cpu pow do you mean like algorithm veriumcoin?  Cool

Algo: scrypt² (N of 1024² or 128MB per thread)

it work , but it's a pity that a lot of miners are botnets Smiley

I remember Qora is a PoS coin.
Will it be transferred to PoW coin?
Why is that anyway?
honghaisea

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:15:25 PM

You are developing this coins so earnestly, but so many people are just look at airdrop coin free coin and so on, with your efforts, I believe QORA will have a very good future, I will download to try the new version, support it.You are great. Smiley
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:30:46 PM

You are developing this coins so earnestly, but so many people are just look at airdrop coin free coin and so on, with your efforts, I believe QORA will have a very good future, I will download to try the new version, support it.You are great. Smiley
Totally agree. More people should try it and give feedback to devs.
Qora is a unique project. I am glad it is not abandoned like many others.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 07:23:34 PM

Thanks guys, and I agree... The merit of QORA is great. When it is built a tiny bit differently, it will be a top 10 project, I guarantee it. No other can offer what QORA can with decentralized web hosting, actually built on chain.

For a while I was considering attempting to take the data off chain, but I actually think it will work out fine this way, with a few modifications of course...

I think when you install QORA or when you launch for the first time in case it isn't Windows, you can select the amount of data you would like to use, OR you select 'masternode' which would save ALL data. (aside from that which you have blacklisted, which is another option that will need added.) This opens the door for masternodes to have another incentive and gain extra for being a node that holds all data. I kinda like the data being on chain now, as long as we can make it work in this manner. If you select that you'd like to only use 100GB it will only store the most recent 100GB of the chain. This I think should work out fine. But I still have some talking with the devs to do before I will know for sure. It seems like it should work though.

There will be many slight modifications to the way things work now, and new additions entirely that didn't exist before, such as incentivizing the hosting of good long standing solid nodes, and the incentivization of good content creation.

Therefore, there will be many ways to earn by assisting QORA network in various manners, and also the ability to become a MasterNode which actually has REAL functionality to assist the network.

As far as the algo, whether to go PoW or PoS... etc... I'm still having many discussions about this and attempting to figure out the best way to go about it. The hard part is finding something that is REALLY fair for everyone. It seems always in one way or another there will be people who have the benefit over others... This is always the difficult part.

However, I think the PoW/PoS hybrid is likely the best way to go about things for v2, but we'll still have plenty of time to discuss this once the new version of v1 is out, we are on other exchanges, and things are moving along as they should, then we can discuss more detail about what we'll do in v2 with the algo.

For now, the methods I've thought about in regards to making v1 incentivize content and node/network support, should work as long as a Smart Contract is capable of being the owner of a colored asset. I will figure this out and see if this idea is possible, and we'll go from there. I'm fairly sure that it will be possible, but it will likey require the design of a new SmartContract type specifically for it.

We're doing talking about it and a lot more will be necessary, but things are coming along nicely. Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
analyzing

Activity: 212
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:44:38 AM

Thanks guys, and I agree... The merit of QORA is great. When it is built a tiny bit differently, it will be a top 10 project, I guarantee it. No other can offer what QORA can with decentralized web hosting, actually built on chain.

For a while I was considering attempting to take the data off chain, but I actually think it will work out fine this way, with a few modifications of course...

I th.......................................................

Big thanks to crowetic  and all team who are working day night on QORA , cant wait to see QORA on exchanges ,

QORA    ⊙Decentralized hosting.
             ⊙ Decentralized social network
             ⊙Voting system.
apepis

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:04:34 PM

when swap will be start?
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:16:46 PM

Does anybody remember the free internet services of 10+ years ago? Things like NetZero, maybe a similar model could be used but using the javascript miners through a small browser window. Even ad revenue might be a possibility, maybe even use the ad revenue to buy QORA to split amongst users/developing team.
Just throwing ideas out there.
lovewiki

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

Share Love

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 05:18:07 PM

when swap will be start?

I hope there should be no swap. No matter the dev wants to make it PoW/PoS hybrid (which sounds better), PoS only, or PoW only, it should be done with a hard fork. There ought to be no need for a coin swap.

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
hardalisas

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:23:28 PM

when swap will be start?

I hope there should be no swap. No matter the dev wants to make it PoW/PoS hybrid (which sounds better), PoS only, or PoW only, it should be done with a hard fork. There ought to be no need for a coin swap.

No matter what way to do it, It is recommended that people can recover their wallet from their previous seed.
I believe everyone remember their seeds, and it is easy to do.
marracc

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:21:14 AM

Nice job!
I will try it today on windows.
marracc

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:24:36 PM

It works on Windows 7 x64.
Sync was really fast, almost instantly when connection was established.
I can notice that there isn't QUORA logo (image), while wallet is booting, as previous was.
marracc

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:09:25 PM

P.S. On a second start, the program would not visibly run (it would run in a background for a few minutes (and be seen in a program manager) and would dissapear completely after that)

Today I have tried to fix the problem by the "repair" function of the installation. I replaced everything, even wallet, but kept the blockchain. Did not work. The program would launch invisibly , would occupy up to 600k of memory in a minute or so, and then shut down. Win 10 pro/64. No problem with any other program or installation. 

Any one experiencing the same thing?

Again, at the first installation, running, synch, wallet recovery from the seed, everything was fine.

Well, if I uninstall it all, and will not keep the blockchain, and will install everything anew, will have to spend those few hours for sync again?

Mine is visible after about 300 MB of memory and cca 2min.
esbrave789

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:14:24 PM

Qora is a new 2nd generation cryptocurrency designed from the ground up to solve Bitcoin’s biggest problems,I'm curious what problems Qora solves?
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:15:19 PM

Neither Qora.tech nor Qora.org website works. Both give me a 404 error.

I downloaded the Windows wallet today. Installation and synchronization work very smooth, although synchronization is very slow at the moment. After everything was done I created some small transactions and an asset. Also I send a test message from one of my addresses to another. Worked fine as well.

What can I test additionally to support the dev team?
brisadinBr

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:20:07 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 04:00:35 PM by brisadinBr

Is there any chances of Qora coin get back into Poloniex?  Cry

EDIT: How to proceed to remove my QORA from Polo if there's no option to withdraw them? I have to wait the option withdraw be available?
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 »
  Print  

Jump to: