Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:09:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A theoretical way to protect digital transactions  (Read 324 times)
Eh (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:02:56 PM

I was just doing some thinking a while back and I thought I would express this theory to the board to see what you all think about it, as ensuring transaction safety creates the anonymity that we are all playing with here, am I not right? For if it is not secure, then in no way is it anonymous. Anybody watching that transaction would know everything. So if people look at the transaction as it happens, then it isn't anonymous anymore, as it is like watching money change hands with the parties involved.

So in this thought process, I figured out a high level method that could secure digital transactions.

The idea is a two step authorization and a one step process modification should fix the issue with digital transactions.

First step authorization is a MAC address level authorization to confirm that the computer or device can do that transaction, as then stolen anything cannot just be used on another computer or device. So the specific MAC address has to be allowed and then confirmed in order to move forward to the second step.

The second step is a password level authorization to confirm that the person behind the computer is in fact the person who can do the transaction like a PIN number or a password.

With both first step and second step authorization, it would confirm that the person and place is in fact that person that is authorized to do that transaction.

Then with that confirmation, the process modification would be a no copy function when the encrypted file is unencrypted and the information is then used to do the transaction, as the most vulnerable point in the transaction is when it is being processed for modification when it is unencrypted. With a no copy function, then nobody can copy and paste that information somewhere else, thus revealing the identity of the persons in the transaction, along with all of the information required to do another transaction, along with identifying the transaction itself. If the add/edit or delete function was the only functional process allowed to happen during that time when the file is decrypted, then a transaction can happen securely without there being any issues at all. When the transaction is complete, then the unencrypted file would be encrypted once again and then the information is secured.

If financial transactions follow the two step authorization and the one step process modification, then I think the digital transaction process should be deemed secure.

What do you think... Eh?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: