Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How i made $1000 in a week selling bitcoins with coinbase and paxful  (Read 5884 times)
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:48:38 PM

I wish one of the https://wallofcoins.com users would post "How I lost $8000 selling on Paxful". In fact, I'll see if he has a bitcointalk.org account....

Soon we can expect such a post. Even a topic might get initiated " I lost certain dollar using PAXFUL ". Any suggestions or support to get back the lost bitcoins worth of some dollars.

I do not like such stories, and certainly I will not be trying this method. However, i'm interested what the threat might be to use the PAXFUL service?
How would anyone lose money whilst using their services? Are you suggesting that the whole project is a scam?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rgenito

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 03:23:53 AM

I wish one of the https://wallofcoins.com users would post "How I lost $8000 selling on Paxful". In fact, I'll see if he has a bitcointalk.org account....

Soon we can expect such a post. Even a topic might get initiated " I lost certain dollar using PAXFUL ". Any suggestions or support to get back the lost bitcoins worth of some dollars.

I do not like such stories, and certainly I will not be trying this method. However, i'm interested what the threat might be to use the PAXFUL service?
How would anyone lose money whilst using their services? Are you suggesting that the whole project is a scam?

No one likes these stories. It sucks. This is how he lost the money: someone did an order with him to buy bitcoin, and the cash amount was $8000. The buyer turned out to be some cash scammer who convinced someone that they were buying a car on ebay--convinced them to deposit $8000 into his Wells Fargo account to pay for the buyer's bitcoin. Paxful doesn't have (or didn't have) protections against this--especially when experienced cash traders *know* that Wells Fargo tellers can and will return the cash to the buyer if they believe the buyer was scammed. And that's exactly what happened: after he told Paxful the order was paid for and the buyer got the coins, Wells Fargo gave the cash back to the customer.

Nothing like this has *ever* happened on Wall of Coins and we've been running strong >18 months serving the bitcoin community. We are very aware of this and have implemented a software security intelligence layer and strong businesses process to prevent such things. I'm just venting, because I wish other companies would put the security of their users first. The customer who lost $8000 using Paxful contacted me, frustrated with this happening on their platform and desperate to find out if there was anything he could do. I gave him the bad news, and he found out shortly that Wells Fargo was terminating his account Sad

People reading this should just learn from what happened to him.

https://geni.app - Genius – The Crypto Solution to Retirement
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:49:05 AM

It doesn't looks to be a complete scam, but it won't gonna benefit us in any means. Just we are helping him promote his service free.
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:42:37 AM

No one likes these stories. It sucks. This is how he lost the money: someone did an order with him to buy bitcoin, and the cash amount was $8000. The buyer turned out to be some cash scammer who convinced someone that they were buying a car on ebay--convinced them to deposit $8000 into his Wells Fargo account to pay for the buyer's bitcoin. Paxful doesn't have (or didn't have) protections against this--especially when experienced cash traders *know* that Wells Fargo tellers can and will return the cash to the buyer if they believe the buyer was scammed. And that's exactly what happened: after he told Paxful the order was paid for and the buyer got the coins, Wells Fargo gave the cash back to the customer.

Nothing like this has *ever* happened on Wall of Coins and we've been running strong >18 months serving the bitcoin community. We are very aware of this and have implemented a software security intelligence layer and strong businesses process to prevent such things. I'm just venting, because I wish other companies would put the security of their users first. The customer who lost $8000 using Paxful contacted me, frustrated with this happening on their platform and desperate to find out if there was anything he could do. I gave him the bad news, and he found out shortly that Wells Fargo was terminating his account Sad

People reading this should just learn from what happened to him.

Is difficult to me, find out who is more guilty in this story. Of course it is scammer, but it looks like car buyer should to be more careful and not deposit money on account that is not "car seller" account.
In my opinion he is very lucky that Wells Fargo gave him cash back.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 04:25:04 PM

I would not trust that link ... when you have such a good method to earn money, it is hard to think why would you share it in a public forum.

yellowcat1771 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 11:14:53 AM

I would not trust that link ... when you have such a good method to earn money, it is hard to think why would you share it in a public forum.
To be honest i find yours and everyone else's acquisitions of my website being unsafe toxic. Have a look at a google virus scan for yourself https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/safebrowsing/diagnostic/#url=northyorknews.com
and i simply shared the method because i have finished using it. Paxful controls 5% of the bitcoin block chain to those who think its just a scam site. It is also heavily backed by backpage.com which is one of the top classified websites online.
rgenito

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 11:02:33 PM

To be honest i find yours and everyone else's acquisitions of my website being unsafe toxic. Have a look at a google virus scan for yourself https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/safebrowsing/diagnostic/#url=northyorknews.com
and i simply shared the method because i have finished using it. Paxful controls 5% of the bitcoin block chain to those who think its just a scam site. It is also heavily backed by backpage.com which is one of the top classified websites online.

Do you have any sources that show Paxful "controls" 5% of the bitcoin block chain? Sounds like some Paxful insider information for me... wink wink Wink

https://geni.app - Genius – The Crypto Solution to Retirement
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: