Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:22:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 280 BTC total bets between Micon and mrb (are BFL ASICs real?)  (Read 46360 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 04:07:44 PM

FYI:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post13792

I guess at this point I might bet ON BFL.  Any takers?  Anyone want to bet against BFL?

I am pretty broke from my last bet but I might be able to come up with a small wager.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Intueri

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 04:45:34 PM

FYI:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post13792

I guess at this point I might bet ON BFL.  Any takers?  Anyone want to bet against BFL?

I am pretty broke from my last bet but I might be able to come up with a small wager.

Hmmmmm very interesting. Looks like things are starting to pan out.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:59:23 PM

I'm still willing to take anyone up @ 20 BTC that BFL will deliver ASICs to at least 3 end customers by July 2013.
kayrice

Activity: 104
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 10:58:38 PM

Discount for Early Orderers

Seems legit
Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:47:14 AM

I am sorry but Micon was wrong from the start, but the CES event was epic.

BFL FTW cha-ching

Our group expects to be mining by the end of the month at the very least.  Just hoping bumping is going well.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:05:49 AM

Has anything ever gone well for a BFL timeline?

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 03:23:34 PM

BFL FTW cha-ching

Our group expects to be mining by the end of the month at the very least.  Just hoping bumping is going well.

Will book 20 more coins that you are not mining BFL ASIC chips running at 350+ Mhash/Joule by the end of the month.

If anyone is interested we can get some C's tool escrow codes.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:10:20 PM

BFL FTW cha-ching

Will book 20 more coins that you are not mining BFL ASIC chips running at 350+ Mhash/Joule by the end of the month.

If anyone is interested we can get some C's tool escrow codes.
Too close to call in my book... I'm out!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:31:13 PM

Haha by the end of the month is the only thing Bryan Micon, the "professional poker player" is willing to wager now.  From "It's definitely a scam! No doubt about it!" to "Well, by the end of the month." in the span of a month. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:31:52 PM

Also willing to bet BFL will not ship by 3/15 (ides of March)  Sgt Spike

If anyone has offers, such as "hey Micon, i'll bet you my 50 coins vs. your 25 coins that BFL ships at least 5 customers 350 Mhash/Joule+ ASIC devices pictured, tested, and working by the end of March"  go ahead and throw them out here.

Don't let trolls in this thread deter you from offering something.  All bets made so far have been very Gentleman-like between the bettors.  Contrary to some early trolls, there is nothing wrong with putting something out there and having the other side say no.  Also, nothing wrong with quick negotiation of terms so both sides are happy with the bet (until it settles Smiley

so if anyone wants some near-term BFL will ship action, I'm open to suggestions and very much want to take the "BFL won't ship in near-term" side.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:35:34 PM

Also willing to bet BFL will not ship by 3/15 (ides of March)  Sgt Spike

If anyone has offers, such as "hey Micon, i'll bet you my 50 coins vs. your 25 coins that BFL ships at least 5 customers 350 Mhash/Joule+ ASIC devices pictured, tested, and working by the end of March"  go ahead and throw them out here.

Don't let trolls in this thread deter you from offering something.  All bets made so far have been very Gentleman-like between the bettors.  Contrary to some early trolls, there is nothing wrong with putting something out there and having the other side say no.  Also, nothing wrong with quick negotiation of terms so both sides are happy with the bet (until it settles Smiley

so if anyone wants some near-term BFL will ship action, I'm open to suggestions and very much want to take the "BFL won't ship in near-term" side.

Just gonna quote the above for the inevitable back peddling that Bryan Micon is sure to do later. 

So now it's "I very much want to take the 'BFL won't ship near-term' side." which is a far cry from "BFL is a scam!  I am positive!" 

See, if Bryan Micon wasn't a liar, then taking a bet for near term, long term, forever-term would be a no brainer.  But since he's unwilling to do that, he's clearly demonstrating the fact that he lied from the beginning.  It's fortunate you all are doing escrow with these bets, since he has a history of welching on his contracts and deals in the past and is a known poker scammer. 

Anyone willing to do bets with him should definitely do escrow or he'll rip you off.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:39:20 PM

Haha by the end of the month is the only thing Bryan Micon, the "professional poker player" is willing to wager now.  From "It's definitely a scam! No doubt about it!" to "Well, by the end of the month." in the span of a month.  

yikes.  

this is what I mean by "don't be deterred by the random trolling in this thread"

Josh Zerlan is the troll's IRL name from the above post.  If you guys are wondering why a BFL representative has resorted to trolling my bet thread (over and over again) here is some information on him:

1) when I asked Josh at CES 2013 to show me the box of fans & heat sinks:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m24s  
2)  JoshZerlan.com for all your Josh Zerlan needs.
3) my BFL investigation thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=136392.0

creativex

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:41:58 PM

Haha by the end of the month is the only thing Bryan Micon, the "professional poker player" is willing to wager now.  From "It's definitely a scam! No doubt about it!" to "Well, by the end of the month." in the span of a month.

Wrong answer.

How about...

"As COO of said company I personally guarantee that we'll ship by the end of the month and as such I accept your bet sir."

Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:44:05 PM

If anyone has offers, such as "hey Micon, i'll bet you my 50 coins vs. your 25 coins that BFL ships at least 5 customers 350 Mhash/Joule+ ASIC devices pictured, tested, and working by the end of March"  go ahead and throw them out here.

Don't let trolls in this thread deter you from offering something.  All bets made so far have been very Gentleman-like between the bettors.  Contrary to some early trolls, there is nothing wrong with putting something out there and having the other side say no.  Also, nothing wrong with quick negotiation of terms so both sides are happy with the bet (until it settles Smiley

Just gonna quote the above for the inevitable back peddling that Bryan Micon is sure to do later.  

So now it's "I very much want to take the 'BFL won't ship near-term' side." which is a far cry from "BFL is a scam!  I am positive!"  

See, if Bryan Micon wasn't a liar, then taking a bet for near term, long term, forever-term would be a no brainer.  But since he's unwilling to do that, he's clearly demonstrating the fact that he lied from the beginning.  It's fortunate you all are doing escrow with these bets, since he has a history of welching on his contracts and deals in the past and is a known poker scammer.  

Anyone willing to do bets with him should definitely do escrow or he'll rip you off.

Josh Zerlan is hereby challenged to 20 bitcoin wager

1)  this is a betting thread.  Josh Zerlan - feel free to bet me 20 coins personally, using C's escrow technology (like all of my booked bets in this thread, dick) - that's around $500 - let's set the date for 3/15 that BFL achieves 350 Mhash/joule and 5 customers report receiving and post pix.  Or are you just trolling up this thread?   BTC COMMUNITY - WATCH THIS - JOSH ZERLAN WILL VERY LIKELY NOT ESCROW-BET ME.  Start backpeddling

2)  and when are done backpeddling, you will end up back at JoshZerlan.com, and this video of you acting completely unprofessional, taking your BTCtalk personal into real live:  http://youtu.be/UlWrmIqGs3Y?t=2m24s

Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:57:21 PM

well, chips must have just been opened by a pen-knife at the bumping facility.  That's the only reason I can find for Josh Zerlan's sudden disappearance. 

http://youtu.be/6McLXorvIUM?t=58s

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:12:39 PM

Edit: I read that backwards. Changes highlighted

Hell, I'll take you up on that if it's a serious offer.

I will bet my 25 BTC against your 50BTC 25BTC against your 25BTC that five different customers will have posted photographs and hashing results from working BFL ASIC units on Bitcointalk before the 1st of April (00:00 UTC), 2013. The devices must reach 350MH/J as per SgtSpike's bet. I will throw in the stipulation that if 5+ people post pictures and hashing stats of working devices but only one posts the more difficult to measure procedure from SgtSpike's bet (clamp meter on the DC input), that would be sufficient. If that is not acceptable, I would suggest substituting 350MH/s+ on the AC input as measured by a Kill-A-Watt meter as an acceptable standard, as it is actually more difficult to achieve.

Interested?
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 09:13:15 PM

No, you were offered a 1000 BTC bet and you turned it down.  I will offer you the same bet:

2000 BTC that BFL will ship a working ASIC to 5 customers (or more) in 2013.  Simple and to the point.  You claim BFL is a scam, ergo according to you BFL will not ship a working ASIC ever (since that is the very definition of a scam).  If you refuse to take this bet, then you are liar and a scammer, plain and simple.

All these little caveats and "excepts" are bullshit CYA on your part.  You claim BFL is a scam, so put up or shut up.  2000 BTC, escrowed.  That's the challenge. Fail to meet the challenge and you are a liar and attention seeking whore and nothing more.  You are a professional poker player.  You claim this is a sure thing, so a 2000 BTC bet is nothing for you to make, since you're holding the nuts, or at least think you are.

creativex

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 09:35:22 PM

No, you were offered a 1000 BTC bet and you turned it down.  I will offer you the same bet:

2000 BTC that BFL will ship a working ASIC to 5 customers (or more) in 2013.  Simple and to the point.

Are you serious? Holy crap man, talk about padding. What is that 18 months from the time you guys opened your pre-order window? How would BFL survive insolvency or legal attack for that long if they continued this unbroken streak of incompetence lies?

Zedster

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:33:55 PM

Boy wish I had more coin.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 10:58:13 PM

2000 BTC that BFL will ship a working ASIC to 5 customers (or more) in 2013.  Simple and to the point.  You claim BFL is a scam, ergo according to you BFL will not ship a working ASIC ever (since that is the very definition of a scam).  If you refuse to take this bet, then you are liar and a scammer, plain and simple.

All these little caveats and "excepts" are bullshit CYA on your part.  You claim BFL is a scam, so put up or shut up.  2000 BTC, escrowed.  That's the challenge. Fail to meet the challenge and you are a liar and attention seeking whore and nothing more.  You are a professional poker player.  You claim this is a sure thing, so a 2000 BTC bet is nothing for you to make, since you're holding the nuts, or at least think you are.

and we have backpedal #1.  Notice how when a gentleman is setting terms for a wager, there is no need for name-calling, baiting, or taunting.  These are things you learned in old western movies, not how the real gambling world works. 

I will restate the offer, which you will not likely accept:

Josh Zerlan is hereby challenged to 20 bitcoin wager

I will bet 20 coins via C's escrow method that the following statement is false:

by the end of 3/15/2013, five or more bitcointalk users will post pix of their working BFL machines.  BFL  will achieve 350+ Mhash/joule on the hardware shipped.

no reason to offer a ~ USD $25,000 bet with favorable terms.  If I were using Josh Zerlan logic, I would call Josh Zerlan a scammer in bold because you typed a statement that gave BFL the entire year when you posted on the BFL forums that your chips were already at the bumping facility.  Certainly you will have 5 users worth shipped by the end of this month. 

But I'm not going to do that.  I'm simply going to offer you a simple, reasonably sized wager, which Josh Zerlan will likely continue not to accept and instead backpedal somewhere between blatant denial and outright trolling.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: