Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:53:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Bernie Sanders liking bitcoin??
Yes - 8 (47.1%)
No - 9 (52.9%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders on bitcoin??  (Read 1733 times)
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:25:17 AM

I doubt a change in presidency (this would actually not be a change per se, same party right?) will improve Bitcoin chance. Bitcoin has already a bad reputation and no government ever will embrace it, in fact there are more chances that it could be banned or declared illegal than be accepted. It also could be regulated which means a death sentence basically.

I don't really agree with your point. Bitcoin is not to blame for the abuse some people are doing with it, and giving out some extra media attention should not be a bad thing.
Regulation could be a good as well, depending on the form. Let's say that you have to bind your ID with a bitcoin address or something similar, it could be a good thing in you think about it.

Yes I'm all for regulation, I don't think any method of payment should be anonymous at all, privacy doesn't apply here. Of course you must protect your bank balance etc, but to not know where a payment is coming or going, no refunds, etc, no business can accept that, plus is a tax nightmare. I mean, I'm all for it but no government will let you get away with these things, they tax and control as much as they can within its territory.

About the bad image, same thing, I know guns don't kill people, people do, but when you have a system that emerged in the black market (and still is driven by it) the media will portray it as it is and you can't really refute that fact...they have an agenda but they are not lying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:56:53 AM

He hasn't said anything about it, but I don't think it would have a negative impact on Bitcoin. I don't see him wanting to regulate or control it.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:41:17 PM

We finally got a response from Bernie about Bitcoin/crypto, sounds like he doesn't give a damn or cares to understand it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9joMslOVKQ&t=23m45s
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 11:56:47 PM

Bernie Sanders is the people's advocate, and he specifically supports poor people against large corporations. Bitcoin and poverty don't really go together, and considering he has a steep hill to climb to get the Democratic nomination, Bitcoin is probably the least concern he has.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:02:04 AM

We finally got a response from Bernie about Bitcoin/crypto, sounds like he doesn't give a damn or cares to understand it

The person asking the question seems cluless as well.  "90% of banks use blockchain technology"

As for Bernie, did you really think a native New Yorker that still thinks you need a subway token to ride the subway is up to date on a new technology that very few people use?
nygaar

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:21:51 PM

does not matter who "wins" the election, no one will admit Bitcoins.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:31:05 PM

Although I favor Sanders, I would not expect him at this critical hour to be concerned with an emerging financial technology that less than 1 percent of Americans use on a daily basis. He should be focused on the issues that will get him into office at the moment (foreign policy, plan for debt, etc).
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:35:36 PM

Still amazes me how presidents need to be above a crazy ages I mean how old is Sanders? 80? and Trump 70? wouldn't it make more sense to have someone who is younger and a bit hungry with new ideas etc,
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:40:59 PM

Well he would be the most likely candidate to further inflate the USD the most by printing more money so he can pay for his promised free stuff.. If the dollar going down due to inflation and/or completely crashing is good for BTC then maybe I guess. It will just make BTC look like it's worth more because the dollar looses its value.

Did you miss this recent Trump quote?

"People said I want to go and buy debt and default on debt, and I mean, these people are crazy. This is the United States government," Trump told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day." "First of all, you never have to default because you print the money, I hate to tell you, OK?"
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:41:45 PM

Still amazes me how presidents need to be above a crazy ages I mean how old is Sanders? 80? and Trump 70? wouldn't it make more sense to have someone who is younger and a bit hungry with new ideas etc,

Sanders is 74.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: