Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:45:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: + Difficulty + Halving – Miners = ¿…?  (Read 1321 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:03:41 PM

I can say that those mechanism implemented into bitcoin will help itself from collapsing. The difficulty will prevent the miners from mining but it may make bitcoin rarer a bit due to its difficulty (full speculation). However it can sure that halving will decrease the quantity of bitcoin but increase the value which will keep mining profitable and still attract many miners. All those three have some relations and it will help bitcoin survive

The difficulty has no effect on the rarity of bitcoins. The money supply is predetermined.

The halving does not decrease the quantity of bitcoins. The quantity of bitcoins is always increasing as long as the subsidy is more than 0.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zodiac3011

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:08:45 PM

I can say that those mechanism implemented into bitcoin will help itself from collapsing. The difficulty will prevent the miners from mining but it may make bitcoin rarer a bit due to its difficulty (full speculation). However it can sure that halving will decrease the quantity of bitcoin but increase the value which will keep mining profitable and still attract many miners. All those three have some relations and it will help bitcoin survive

The difficulty has no effect on the rarity of bitcoins. The money supply is predetermined.

The halving does not decrease the quantity of bitcoins. The quantity of bitcoins is always increasing as long as the subsidy is more than 0.
well sorry for my opinion about difficulty, like I have said "full speculation" Grin. About the halving part, I mean "quantity" is the supply per block which makes people feel there will be less bitcoin or rarer. It's about feeling which makes the price higher because the amount of bitcoin is predetermined like you have said
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 05:36:42 PM

More difficulty comes and more halving comes the price will increase if it will happen year by year.. because of the miners are increasing more population the difficulty will increase  so it will turn in to not profitable because they are many.. so the solution for this is waiting for the halving so that your bitcoin you earn before are profitable after halving..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:58:54 PM

I’m a newbie and have a question:

1) If the difficulty increases exponentially.
2) If in the coming months "halving" will reduce to half the miner's reward.
3) If the projections of various spreadsheets indicate that it is not currently profitable mining.

How will continue to operate the system?

Many of the current hardware will no longer be profitable after the halving. So, many hardware will stop mining and the difficulty will probably decrease. Miners like the Avalon and the S7 will still be profitable and new hardware will come in. So miners will still be around for a long time
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:46:50 AM

Well be sure that bitcoin value will go to 600 dollars and maybe reach and stand at 700 till end the year soo even with less coins i believe that some miners will keep making their income.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: