Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:06:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just spent 15 dollars on ether  (Read 4189 times)
Gestiside

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:45:49 AM

Did i just lose 15, dollars or make 15 plus 20 cents ?
i honest to god have no clue when i should pull out at 6$ ?

I suggest you cash it out while you can... Ethereum is now just a pump & dump scheme.

I think it is a good investment. Your $15 will turn into $150 in a few years. But it will not be this year.

Not gunna happen...

The Ethereum price is still higher than a month ago. The pump has not finished. I do not know how high it will go. If the price stays here, it is also good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XERES (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:38:38 AM

Does anyone know when frontier is released?  I am sire that will push up the price

TechorMarketing

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:53:07 AM

Does anyone know when frontier is released?  I am sire that will push up the price

That is not always the case with big.

There is an expression "buy the rumor, sell the news".  Sometimes people bid up prices in anticipation of an event so that by the time the event occurs price has already peaked.

In BTC terms ETH is already up 30x from ICO levels.
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:01:41 AM

Did i just lose 15, dollars or make 15 plus 20 cents ?
i honest to god have no clue when i should pull out at 6$ ?

I suggest you cash it out while you can... Ethereum is now just a pump & dump scheme.

I think it is a good investment. Your $15 will turn into $150 in a few years. But it will not be this year.

Not gunna happen...

The Ethereum price is still higher than a month ago. The pump has not finished. I do not know how high it will go. If the price stays here, it is also good.

Guess there's nothing much to do but hold on to it for as long as you can. Eth seems to be getting a word on the market anyway.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 12:11:38 PM

I have to say you are newbie investor for us to ask is your $15 safe,there are investors who are comfortable betting or investing hundreds or thousands of dollars,why not take this philosophy on every thing that involves money,only invest what you can afford to lose

FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 05:24:09 PM

Just hold your ETH it'll go up to 15 USD so hold and wait don't panic if market goes down you will not lose much but you'll learn about crypto so just be tension free and hold till you don't se a big spiket in eth.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:43:52 PM

I think by now the thread starter might have made good amount of money

I wish the member should not get panic by the amount he is going to lose as its not a big amount in contrast he will be getting huge exposure in crypto world
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:56:15 PM

Just hold your ETH it'll go up to 15 USD so hold and wait don't panic if market goes down you will not lose much but you'll learn about crypto so just be tension free and hold till you don't se a big spiket in eth.

We might see the $15 in the middle of this year.

The price could go lower when it is converted to PoS.

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 01:35:46 PM

Or higher

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:23:06 PM

$15?  Who cares?

could not agree more thats not even worth getting upset over losing , its pretty much nothing.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:18:21 PM

You just loose some dollars from your total 15$. Ether price will go down and that's all.  Wink To make profit in altcoins, you must have either very good knowledge or simple fortune.  Grin
sanadas

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:16:12 AM

Or higher

When it is PoS, the cost of mining the new Ethereum will be lower than the PoW phase, so people tend to sell. I wish the PoW can be extended for another year.

Bamsed

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:39:40 AM

The Ethereum price is consolidating. So I think it is good time to buy again.
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:44:33 PM

issue with ETH is that it's too expensive at this point. not sure if $15 will gain you any profit, even if it doubles (which is highly unlikely) you'll only end up $15 richer.  Smiley

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:48:11 PM

You just loose some dollars from your total 15$. Ether price will go down and that's all.  Wink To make profit in altcoins, you must have either very good knowledge or simple fortune.  Grin

Well considering the price of ETH was around $5 when the OP made his first post, and was around $6.50 when you made yours and told him it will only go down, it has hit a peak of $15 or roughly 3x the OPs original investment. Even if he missed selling at that ATH, it has spent plenty of time > $10 for a solid doubling of his investment.

Say he bought 3 ETH at $5 and sold 1 ETH at $15, he got his money back and 2 "free" ETH to play around with. Not seeing how he could have lost out here.
sanadas

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:35:52 PM

You just loose some dollars from your total 15$. Ether price will go down and that's all.  Wink To make profit in altcoins, you must have either very good knowledge or simple fortune.  Grin

Well considering the price of ETH was around $5 when the OP made his first post, and was around $6.50 when you made yours and told him it will only go down, it has hit a peak of $15 or roughly 3x the OPs original investment. Even if he missed selling at that ATH, it has spent plenty of time > $10 for a solid doubling of his investment.

Say he bought 3 ETH at $5 and sold 1 ETH at $15, he got his money back and 2 "free" ETH to play around with. Not seeing how he could have lost out here.

Even today, the Eth price is still over $12. I think the Athereum could be a good medium term investment.

Gestiside

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:44:15 PM

You just loose some dollars from your total 15$. Ether price will go down and that's all.  Wink To make profit in altcoins, you must have either very good knowledge or simple fortune.  Grin

Even today, the Eth price is still over $12. I think the Athereum could be a good medium term investment.

The price is below $11 now. It seems there is some kind of correction going on with the Ethereum.
Bamsed

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:43:46 PM

The price is below $11 now. It seems there is some kind of correction going on with the Ethereum.

The price is still below $11. But it is up from $8. If the price stays above $9, it is good for the future.
CarrollFilms

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Can I eat a Bitcoin?

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:15:14 PM

I don't see Ethereum taking off any time soon. People keep saying that that it'll take off and surpass Bitcoin. I bought some Eth back when it was around .024 BTC per ether. Saw the price wasn't going anywhere so I sold it all at .029

There is no way to determine where the price will go, whether it be up or down, all I know is that it is far from surpassing Bitcoin. The price is only $8.20, it has ways to go before it's valued at $432

Back in my day Bitcoin used to cost $69
Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 10:30:17 PM

I don't see Ethereum taking off any time soon. People keep saying that that it'll take off and surpass Bitcoin. I bought some Eth back when it was around .024 BTC per ether. Saw the price wasn't going anywhere so I sold it all at .029

There is no way to determine where the price will go, whether it be up or down, all I know is that it is far from surpassing Bitcoin. The price is only $8.20, it has ways to go before it's valued at $432

It would make no sense for Ethereum to take off. It has in no way the same eco-system like bitcoin. Like bitcoin i only thrives on it's potential.
Nothing more and nothing less.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: