Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:25:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question about order executions (let say poloniex), it's driving me crazy  (Read 450 times)
kingorbust (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:13:55 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2016, 10:26:38 AM by kingorbust

A beginner here. Here are the questions:

1. Let say I want to by LISK for 0.2 btc the MOMENT price falls bellow 0.0008BTC. How do I make this order? I dont want limit myself of course exactly on 0.0008BTC, if it falls below this then even better. So which option do I use? BUY LSK or STOP-LIMIT? I learned the hard way that you cant just set the market price and hit buy because lsk already rose so the order didnt execute.

So when I place order at 0.0008BTC  - is this exact price or just the trigger? I am guessing I just use BUY LSK order but again, I just want  to make sure that the moment it reaches AND goes under 0.0008BTC it will get bough.

2. But here is another problem: I have to enter amount of LSK to buy, how much BTC to spend and what is the (trigger?) price. So let say, fictional example, I enter buy 250LSK with 0.2BTC when price reaches 0.0008BTC. So the order is open but what happens when the LSK reaches 0.0008BTC, the order wants to buy 250LSK BUT the BTC has already fallen in the meantime and you can only buy let say 230LSK with it.

So what happens? Will the order execute and buy as many lsk possible with 0.2BTC or will the order fail?

What I want to do is simply: when 1 LSK falls under 0.0008BT I want poloniex order to buy me as much as possible LSK with 0.2BTC.

3. Same with SELL LSK: I want to sell all LSK for BTC the moment LSK reaches let say 0.0012BTC. I don't want the order to only succeed if it is exactly like the limit  set. I want to sell it in any case when it is over 0.0012BTC.

Here is the screenshot of order boxes  just in case: https://i.imgur.com/NsKpsB8.jpg

Which ones should I use for this in example 1, 2 or 3?

thanks for any tips.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║