Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are there not more ETH clones??  (Read 2160 times)
Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:40:10 PM

How moch topics Is needed for ETH. This hype is beginning to annoys me.
I mean this is Bitcoin v.2 and other proclamations..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:24:35 AM

I also wonder why none of the coders working on eth have come to this board to discuss with you the issues that you have mentioned regarding their design?

Maybe because it would mess up their alleged scam model  Huh

The thing that I would have like to have known in simple terms is - is it a problem they can disguise from most for long enough to drive the price up near BTC levels before it is discovered or is it an issue that will become very clear to everyone long before that is possible?

I think perhaps the question should be for how long can promoters prevent a small % of the coming bag holders from running to the door.

I mean the issue you mentioned with BTC

You mean when I posted near the top price for BTC in 2013 that the block chain scaling Tragedy of the Commons would be the defining issue for Bitcoin.

I don't know how much higher the ETH price can go. Because I don't know how many and what genre of speculators hold it and whether they want to sell for short-term profits or hold long-term.

I don't know to what degree that hiding the truth about Ethereum's technology has impacted that equation.

Not all coders are capable of probably creating something perfect first time so it can be experimental for them to solve issues as they arise.

Yet promoters claim lead developer Vitalik and endorser Nick "Satoshi" Szabo are crypto gods.

I understand with etherium being touted as a work of genius and everyone saying it is a perfect bitcoin killer it would be nice it that was true (not for me because i still have more btc than eth in a big way) and not just non techs getting kind of played along even if the devs know there is a major issue.

Yup the promoters inducing you buy ETH in fear of missing a train. Myself and r0ach are apparently saying that train has no tracks.

Note it is possible that somehow Ethereum can keep the technological truths obscured in technobabble. Unfortunately apparently smooth and the Monero folks didn't understand all scaling issues exhaustively, so they are unable to do their usual dissection of altcoins in the case of Ethereum.

So yes, i can only imagine there is some problem with etherium if nobody is able to refute this clearly even though they have had plenty of time. But how big is this issue to end users and those that don't understand this tech 100%. Also if this problem will become apparent to all users and grossly effect their usage of etherium what is the time frame. Is it like BTC will take a few years or will it be much more quickly?

On the other hand it would be good if VB or another top dev on etherium could come here and discuss this issue an d see if you guys can talk it through and see what if anything could be done or not done. If nothing can be done with changes to the current design then the price is going in the wrong direction possibly.

I don't know for sure. But the level of hype suggests to me that Humpty Dumpty will take a great fall soon enough.

Thanks for the explanations.
cryptohunter2 (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:27:58 AM

It seems cloning ETH is getting profitable today. I think more clones are on their way?

Is it complicated to clone? not the usual copy and paste like LTC? else why are there only 3 clones after all of this time?

It's not yet finished. We'll see more clones once there will be a stable release.

Also ETH isn't something what someone can easily clone without considerable coding knowledge As most of the cloners have little actual programming skills and the step-by-step coin cloning guides are not much use here they are waiting for a new howto, I guess Smiley.

Yes i had suspected this. I wish hunter coin could have worked long term. Like the idea for that method of distribution a lot. Would be great to have a proof of skill... but perhaps what seems interesting and great to me is quite difficult to action.

StinkyLover

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:34:26 AM

I suggest Dogeum.  Grin

Or Monereum  Cheesy
mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:25:20 PM

I personally have a bad taste in my mouth from the etherium team. They believe that they are gods and from the very beginning when they grabbed up all those bitcoins and the way they went about business, made me the x fan for this coin
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:01:28 PM

According to their webpage anyone with basic skills can select a few options like number of coins, fixed amount or fluctuate. So expect lots of new clones.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 06:44:49 PM

Most of the ethereum threads on here are created by haters.  Ethereum is a far superior crypto than even bitcoin for multiple good reasons. 

People trying to FUD down others hard work need to take a look at themselves and their motivations.  Are you really trying to push crypto forward or are you holding it back for your own personal biases?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:46:04 PM

Most of the ethereum threads on here are created by haters.  Ethereum is a far superior crypto than even bitcoin for multiple good reasons. 

People trying to FUD down others hard work need to take a look at themselves and their motivations.  Are you really trying to push crypto forward or are you holding it back for your own personal biases?

No. We are trying to prevent you from lying about technology and wasting $millions on technology that can't work.

speaktome

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:32:26 PM

Another clone but without dev is SHIFT.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
alexcfr

Activity: 304

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:13:05 PM

Another clone but without dev is SHIFT.
SHIFT as new Dev and start to grow
SOILCOIN as dev and seems interesting
EXP pump and dump ? don't know
Dogether
Copper Member

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 03:14:38 PM

Releasing coin is not simply 'clone'. Its development of entire ecosystem, environment, community and devteam

★★★ DOGETHEREUM ➢ TO THE MOON! ★★★
✅✅✅[ETHASH]★[POW]✅✅✅
{{{https://dogethereum.net/}}}
HartleyDrake

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

It seems cloning ETH is getting profitable today. I think more clones are on their way?

Is it complicated to clone? not the usual copy and paste like LTC? else why are there only 3 clones after all of this time?
There are better coins im terms of Tech than ETH. Check out ADA and TAU
QuinlanDeclan

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

We don't need ETH clones. We got enough good ETH coins. Look for fab eth network coins like PRG, ABT and CAN.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:35:36 PM

i think its better to look back two years ago what happens about youre question op.on how many clones of ethereum has been made in that long span of years,this tiits either youil amaze or just laugh on what had happens in this communitu,bitcoin has many fork and eth has clones lol
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:14:03 AM

There is news that there will be an ETH separation recently. I hope these news ETH will increase further in the future. ETH our house is our BTC father Smiley
Rejinx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:39:34 PM

It depends on what you call clones. If for example, EOS is not just a copy-paste, it's a complex change
JackdunR

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:49:26 PM

Duplicating ETH will not be good for the market, so it will mess up the deal and people will not be able to choose which platform is the best deal. In my opinion, ETH is enough for the Crypto market.
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:44:59 AM

I also do not know Ethereum clones because I know Ethereum is now more profitable because I see from last week that the price of Ethereum keeps rising and now another altcoin in the recovery period, therefore, you can hold your altcoin until the altcoin price stabilizes
Arcoin1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:12:11 AM

crypto is in the money market, the more the Ethereum clone varies in quantity. More production will allow the Ethereum clone market to go out when there are too many users.
RakknRoll

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:46:31 PM

I think is because of the intellectual copy. The companies cannot establish like a services what do others provide because they can be sued by the real one and ask for a payment for damages and imprisonment as well.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: