Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:13:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My website has a new look  (Read 2872 times)
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:54:20 AM

I've finally had the time to redesign my website. This time it's astetically pleasing. My last template  wass made with and older version of Dreamweaver. This time I modded a bootstrap.css template. I hope this time I did better. In the future, I plan on learning more and have an even better template than now. I even plan on making a quick change to the code so users can see different templates I made.

http://tommorisonwebdesign.com

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGrimm

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:17:46 AM

In google chrome the site looks messed up, the menu and header are over lapping, also the links do not seem to work. It is too basic.

tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:21:52 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 04:48:59 AM by tommorisonwebdesign

In google chrome the site looks messed up, the menu and header are over lapping, also the links do not seem to work. It is too basic.
I haven't tested it in chrome yet. I am mostly a Firefox person. A simple bit of code can fix that.

EDIT:

You're probably using a low resolution monitor

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 09:19:28 AM

I haven't tested it in chrome yet. I am mostly a Firefox person. A simple bit of code can fix that.

EDIT:

You're probably using a low resolution monitor

btw the picture is here -> http://s29.postimg.org/esehpdct2/tmwdmodern.jpg

You cant use the img tag with a folder or page.

Site looks fine, but its one I wouldnt visit unless I absolutly have to because it requires JavaScript enabled to switch pages.

Edit: Menu isnt working with Chrome or FF (JavaScript enabled) either.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:25:53 AM

Okay ,the site is very very basic.I could not find a single tag where any of the bootstrap styles are actually utilized.What you have there is easily achievable by static css.Also the grids are not properly organised through bootstrap.Most importantly, you haven't coded any bootstrap at all! The cover template is provided by @mod according to your page.You forgot to edit that out.I recommend using Ember.js with Material UI,bootstrap is old now.
locopao
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:01:02 AM

Chrome problem still there...

Menu elements cover your main title and i cannot navigate to any of your categories (click doesn't work)

I like the colours, though, relaxing and easy to read
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:30:37 PM

It scales down in mobile version but in Chrome the logo and menu overlap main content.  I am kind of a stickler with aesthetics and have done front end web styling for 15 years and this site looks dated, something from the late 90s early 2000s.  Just saying this since you are advertising design - you could use CSS to style more.

I love Bitcoin
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:42:50 PM

It scales down in mobile version but in Chrome the logo and menu overlap main content.  I am kind of a stickler with aesthetics and have done front end web styling for 15 years and this site looks dated, something from the late 90s early 2000s.  Just saying this since you are advertising design - you could use CSS to style more.
I'm using chrome too didn't overlap for me ?He has used bootstrap so it should be responsive provided he hasn't adjusted the grids accordingly.I'm also a front end developer and trust me the design is outdated.As suggested for modern design he should use either of the new frameworks like Material UI.
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1267

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 01:57:20 PM

Below you can see how it is causing problem with Chrome.

Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:04:26 PM

So, you're a web designer and developer but you couldn't show it in your own portfolio?
Kind of sad, might want to show and demonstrate your skills in there..
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:29:05 PM

Site looks neat. Keep it up buddy. i also keep learning coding and designing my website.... but i use wordpress theme and modify it Smiley

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3408

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 02:57:29 PM

Just out of curiosity, how was the look of your website prior to redesigning it to the current one? I have to admit, from someone that says knows those programming languages on your landing website, I expect a lot more than the outcome you've come up to. A simple purely made HTML website could have looked nicer so I would encourage you to design everything from scratch instead so it will look professional. The logo used, is very low quality (original size of it is 296x318 and when opening it separately, everything is clear, it's like it was a smaller picture that you enlarged so it lost quality and then you restrict it to 100x100 and before I forget, it's cut of in the end at the shadow part which is very clear and certainly not good looking). Functionality-wise it needs a lot of work even though it's under development.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:50:42 PM

My new theme is better than the old one. Iv;e got limited time today, but I will implement your suggestions. Expect something more fancy in 48 hours (I'm very busy IRL at the moment)

tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:19:06 PM

I didn't like the theme that was up there so I switched to a different bootstrap layout. Not online yet, but here's a screenshot:

cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:36:26 PM

I didn't like the theme that was up there so I switched to a different bootstrap layout. Not online yet, but here's a screenshot:

Lookin good there!  Grin
xqus

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:41:33 PM

You say you use bootstrap, but it looks nothing like bootstrap to me. The layout is fine, but it looks a bit unfinsihed.

PGP fingerprint: B17233A1 || Bitrated user: xqus ≡ Free trust agent || LocalBitcoins ≡ Buy bitcoins locally
Wallet and Exchange security ≡ A security overview of wallets and exchanges. (forum thread)
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:07:57 AM

Thanks everyone. I won't be home in a while and the website itself, well some of my files went missing so I don't havve that old theme. It's not a hard job for me to put my website/portfolio together when I get home. I have a 32' TV I plan on testing the new themes on. The old one was garbage, but if you want to have a look at it it's available at http://web.archive.org.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:44:07 PM

I'm guessing you don't know much of how to layout using some graphic software like photoshop or gimp or maybe some sophisticated vector software for a webpage design.
Most of how they do it is simply draw a webpage layout and slice them per parts like header, body and footer. and then they gradually code these parts sort of an object oriented programming.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
DrPaid

Activity: 157

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 03:54:30 PM

I'm guessing you don't know much of how to layout using some graphic software like photoshop or gimp or maybe some sophisticated vector software for a webpage design.
Most of how they do it is simply draw a webpage layout and slice them per parts like header, body and footer. and then they gradually code these parts sort of an object oriented programming.

Yes, its alot easier and quite aesthetically pleasing too.
creepland

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:56:34 AM

For Android user like me not showing photos on site and the is only some text? Lel

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: