Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would miners switch, if most nodes where Classic nodes?  (Read 905 times)
Cuidler

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:32:33 AM

Just wondering what you all thought.  I just seen that there are over a 1000 nodes that are Classic nodes now.  If most nodes where classic do you think miners would switch to classic and start mining bigger blocks?

Not as only reason. Also I doubt most nodes switch from Core to Classic anytime soon because of high network effect Core has and most people are very reluctant/lazy when it comes to change even if it is slightly better option.

Generally if you count nodes only by unique IPs which coin.dance is doing, it can be trusted. Ironically the few days ago I checked, bit more fake nodes were Core ones, like fake 20% Core nodes and 15% fake Classic nodes (the same IP)
This is a very weird method that you're suggesting. So you're telling me that if I run two nodes on the same IP, they should be considered as fake?

I believe so because there is high likelihood these nodes are either on the same computer or on the same location like specific datacenter or room complex. I know some ISP sharing the same IP between its clients, so there is chance the same IP might be from 2 different individuals separated few miles, but most likely not - so it is good method to exclude probably fake nodes - or do you know better method ?

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:57:33 AM

Just wondering what you all thought.  I just seen that there are over a 1000 nodes that are Classic nodes now.  If most nodes where classic do you think miners would switch to classic and start mining bigger blocks?

They may switch to Classic if everyone is on it, but they could still put a soft 1MB limit on the blocks that they generate for performance reasons. It may be better to keep generating and propagating 1MB blocks efficiently than trying to generate 2MB blocks for the additional scrap fees and having those orphaned.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: