Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:39:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowdfunding for a music project?  (Read 531 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:18:16 AM

Ok guys, does anyone of you here know any sites with a bitcoin option for funding a personal project? A friend o mine is doing a fundraising for her music video and the company is asking her for a $2100+ fee for them to producethe video for her. I want to be o help but I only use bitcoin and so most of my online buddies so I want to look for a crowdfuding service that accepts bitcoin.

I hope you guys can suggest some helpful options. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:46:01 AM

Did a little google search and found this website
https://www.startjoin.com/
https://www.btc-funding.com/

Would be better if you do it on this forum, maybe the escrow can hold the fund to ensure safety Wink
Im interested on music project, can you tell me more and the others about it ?
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:46:53 AM

If you really are a honest person and willing to repay the loan, you can try btcjam there are people out there willing to throw away some money if that doesn't help you can try bitbond.com its the same as btcjam and verifications are required they do have people also willing to throw away money as long as you have a A+ rating.

You don't pay enough.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:11:19 PM

Did a little google search and found this website
https://www.startjoin.com/
https://www.btc-funding.com/

Would be better if you do it on this forum, maybe the escrow can hold the fund to ensure safety Wink
Im interested on music project, can you tell me more and the others about it ?

Hi! Thanks for the suggetion, I have checked startjoin and saw some projects funded, I might try their service once I hae read all their policies later. I haven't checked the btc-fuding tho, they are giving a certificate error. Might be able to check it also later.

It was a song about how everyone should be given equality love anyone that they want. Tha everyone of us has a feeling and should be respected. Cheesy

If you really are a honest person and willing to repay the loan, you can try btcjam there are people out there willing to throw away some money if that doesn't help you can try bitbond.com its the same as btcjam and verifications are required they do have people also willing to throw away money as long as you have a A+ rating.

Actually I am not looking for a loan. It's for a fund raising. The funds can go directly to my friend if there is a doubt in my honesty and trustworthiness. I can ask her to join here or have contact with the possible donators and the rest of the negotiations can e done within them, I don't need to be there. I just want to know a way to raise funds for her project. Cheesy
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:20:03 PM

I think there really are some sites that support such things. I know gogetfunding, you guys ever heard of it?
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:54:03 AM

Indiegogo crowdfunding is accept bitcoin now, and they are trusted, you can try that.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:47:00 PM

Indiegogo crowdfunding is accept bitcoin now, and they are trusted, you can try that.
yes they are trusted one and also very old in this business. Try indiegogo as they now accept bitcoin also.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:23:35 PM

I think it will be difficult as a music project cant guarantee an income to repay investors. To successfully get the crow-funding started, you'd need a sound business plan.

Someone i knew (quite sometime back) wanted to do the same thing, but in the end, she managed to get hold of an uni student who was doing his videography project. Things turned out good, although the views on youtube barely surpassed 1k  Grin
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:36:10 PM

Really? I didn't know they are acceptinybitcoin now. Thanks for the share! I might try this one again.

I think it will be difficult as a music project cant guarantee an income to repay investors. To successfully get the crow-funding started, you'd need a sound business plan.

Someone i knew (quite sometime back) wanted to do the same thing, but in the end, she managed to get hold of an uni student who was doing his videography project. Things turned out good, although the views on youtube barely surpassed 1k  Grin

Actually I am not looking for a loan but more like a donation to support.
The music video project is not just a video for youtube, it costs too much because the deal is between my friend and a music production company which is one of a well known company here in my company.
Also she has supporters already as she is already somehow known because she once appeared on a how so yea, she's a bit famous so I think the support on youtube views can be covered. Smiley
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:01:20 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 03:11:46 PM by Glucose

Someone i knew (quite sometime back) wanted to do the same thing, but in the end, she managed to get hold of an uni student who was doing his videography project. Things turned out good, although the views on youtube barely surpassed 1k  Grin

Guys, why do you all think he wants a loan ?? So stop talking about interest rate and investment, etc...
The title of the thread is clear enough : "Crowdfunding for a music project".

Good to know indiegogo accept bitcoin bye the way. I didn't know. I think we all have to support those who accept bitcoins. That's how you will prove the world bitcoin has a real value and can be useful for the economy.
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:31:24 AM

Someone i knew (quite sometime back) wanted to do the same thing, but in the end, she managed to get hold of an uni student who was doing his videography project. Things turned out good, although the views on youtube barely surpassed 1k  Grin

Guys, why do you all think he wants a loan ?? So stop talking about interest rate and investment, etc...
The title of the thread is clear enough : "Crowdfunding for a music project".

Good to know indiegogo accept bitcoin bye the way. I didn't know. I think we all have to suppor those who accept bitcoins. That's how you will prove the world bitcoin has a real value and can be useful for the economy.

Yeah got my self confused there. My bad. Been browsing too many kick starter projects lately.

Actually I am not looking for a loan but more like a donation to support.
The music video project is not just a video for youtube, it costs too much because the deal is between my friend and a music production company which is one of a well known company here in my company.
Also she has supporters already as she is already somehow known because she once appeared on a how so yea, she's a bit famous so I think the support on youtube views can be covered. Smiley

Ah, then i guess indiegogo would be a good idea. Also if she's quite known as you say she is, then im sure she'll be able to get donations via her fan base on fb or something.
jacee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:48:28 AM

Ah, then i guess indiegogo would be a good idea. Also if she's quite known as you say she is, then im sure she'll be able to get donations via her fan base on fb or something.

Yea, she is currently running a fund raising and hat is why I am asking for a way that bitcoins can be used as a mode of donation because it's the most convinient way I know because it's way more fast and accessible for everyone. Smiley
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:01:31 AM

The oldest Bitcoin Crowdfunding platform is about to re-open:

http://www.bitcoinstarter.com .

Sign-up to get notified.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:59:40 PM

I can't see one single mention anywhere of indiegogo taking bitcoins. There are plenty of bitcoin related projects on there. That's it.

If I was a crowdfunding site I'd have major reservations about dealing with it in case of price rises or collapses before the project is done. It doesn't make sense for that purpose.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:00:53 PM

Set it up yourself.  Use Wordpress and a free Crowdfunding plugin, along with a free Bitcoin payments plugin.  All in all, all you are paying for is the VPS to run them, or hosting.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: