Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiBit HD 0.2.0 released - Buy/Sell bitcoin using Glidera  (Read 13221 times)
chemodan

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:14:35 PM

Well, the problem is solved. I just installed the version 0.1.4 and refused to update at startup. I repaired my wallet with the words and now all coins on my balance. These are no transactions with unknown status. There is no doubt the version 0.2.0 have critical bug

jim618, you should take measures emergency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:24:29 PM

@chemodan Good that you have access to your bitcoins.

Well yes it is a bug but it is affecting 0.006% of users (i.e 99.994% of people don't experience it). Those users affected have their wallet words so can reconstruct their private keys to access their bitcoins.

The Bitcoin network is complex. Bitcoin wallets are complex and are developed with tiny, virtually non-existent, budgets.
Your feedback is actually part of the process of improving the software for everyone else though I appreciate it's inconvenient if you are the one encountering problems.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:34:04 PM

@chemodan @alexfront

The github user GreenOut sent me his wallet + password yesterday.
After a repair wallet (on my machine) everything was ok.
See: https://github.com/bitcoin-solutions/multibit-hd/issues/862

Thus it would be very useful if I could have access to your wallets to see if I can reproduce the problem (and hence investigate it).

Would you be willing to 'burn' (i.e. never use again) the wallet where you had a problem ?
Then I can have a close look at it.

This would entail:
1) Empty your wallet of all bitcoin and never use any of those addresses again.
2) Send me, zipped, the original wallet directory - this will be called something like 'mbhd-1111111111-222222222-333333333-4444444444-555555555555'.  Email it to me at jim618@fastmail.co.uk
3) Send me your wallet password and wallet words.

Obviously I would be able to see your transactions and notes so I would understand if you didn't want to. Also, if you mail me it you can assume that someone, somewhere will be snooping on your data.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 02:04:59 PM

@alexfront

Lighthouse is now 're-available' at : http://www.vinumeris.com/lighthouse
The site has had its layout refreshed so I imagine that is why it was unavailable this week.

Lighthouse use of wallet words is compatible with MultiBit HD so try using that to restore your wallet.
There are downloads for Windows/ Mac/ Linux

DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:42:16 PM

What are the benefits for using this client over the legacy one? since the UI on the older one seems simpler and easier to handle
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:04:17 PM

The big benefit is that it is deterministic.
All the private keys and your addresses are created from a set of wallet words - 12 random words.
You can recreate your wallet from those 12 words.

With MultiBit Classic the private keys were random, so you have to do more work to keep them safe.

jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:04:52 PM

Oh and you've got support for hardware wallets, which are a step up in security

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:00:06 AM

Apparently... Québec is not part of Canada, as it is not serviced Tongue

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 01:53:06 PM

I have a suggestion. This wallet should add the ability to import your own addresses which would have been generated out of this client. This would prove to be useful for the people that have generated their vanity addresses but they would not be able to import it in MultiBit HD.

jim618 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 03:45:36 PM

I have a suggestion. This wallet should add the ability to import your own addresses which would have been generated out of this client. This would prove to be useful for the people that have generated their vanity addresses but they would not be able to import it in MultiBit HD.

That would mean that you wouldn't be able to recover your bitcoin, in extremis, from your wallet words as the wallet would no longer be fully deterministic. As MultiBit HD is targeted for new users of bitcoin we (Gary and I) decided to keep this wallet fully deterministic.

bitterbug

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:12:27 PM

Hi

I have encountered the same problem described by the other two Multibit users. Unconfirmed msg appears in the top right hand side of the payments window. And transaction statuses have turned to receiving and sending when they have been complete for weeks already. A bit of a shock to see 'sending' again appearing next to previously sent transactions for 3+ BTC. Eeek! (I don't mind re-receiving so much)

Anyway. Hopefully I can get it resolved. Just wanted to check-in for an update on the instructions. Just looking at this thread, which is already a few weeks old, are there any instructions I should ignore? Where do I start an attempted fix?

So far I have only exited and restarted the wallet to see if I still had the problem. I haven't attempted a repair or followed any of the instructions in this thread, yet.

Please confirm what I need to do. Thanks.

(I haven't done anything strange to bring this on. All I can think of is that I changed my password recently on the wallet. It says 10 peers with green status light)
jim6181

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:20:36 PM

Try doing a Tools | Repair wallet.
This should reset things back to what is on the blockchain.
bitterbug

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:22:38 PM

Try doing a Tools | Repair wallet.
This should reset things back to what is on the blockchain.

Yip.... that does seem to have worked.

Thanks, Jim.

Is there anything I should do from here (apart from making sure I have a backup)? Should I upgrade/downgrade to any particular version, for example?
Cryptorast

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 02:22:36 PM

I have only 1 connection and can't send coins, what to do?

I have no proxy.

Cryptorast

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 04:07:46 AM

Is Multibit support dead?
fatsailor

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:56:30 PM

I hope support is not dead. I've this exact problem with 0.4.1 on OSX.

All of the recover steps discussed here have failed. Looks like I need to import into Bread wallet as my fail mary.
bitterbug

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:07:39 PM

I posted a question on this thread in April last year (2016) and managed to resolve the 'unconfirmed balance' problem with jim6181's help.

Now, I'm having the same problem except this time I have tried several times to repair wallet. Each time(but one) the process completed, and still all or a portion of the balance still shows as unconfirmed. The exact portion appears to change with each repair.

Please advise as appropriate.

Thanks,
Jim
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:24:03 PM

I posted a question on this thread in April last year (2016) and managed to resolve the 'unconfirmed balance' problem with jim6181's help.

Now, I'm having the same problem except this time I have tried several times to repair wallet. Each time(but one) the process completed, and still all or a portion of the balance still shows as unconfirmed. The exact portion appears to change with each repair.

Please advise as appropriate.

Thanks,
Jim

There are some solutions to your problem in the post linked below.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1785575.msg17859746#msg17859746
bitterbug

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 08:06:39 PM

Hi,

Installed Electrum 2.6.4 but not having much luck following your instructions. (Can't do bread because I don't have the pre-reqs for it)

When I start the Electrum wallet, it asks for the seed words and when I enter them, I expect the 'next' button to become enabled, but it stays greyed-out.

So... I tried backing out and opting for entering the 'master key'(just presume that 'Master' means 'public' because it doesn't say... ). Then I see the green light in the corner of the window (I'd upload a screenshot, here, to show what I see, but not having much luck finding out how to do that on this page). But then it just sits there, apparently doing nothing. No messages, no status bar changes, no errors... nada. If I click on the green network status light, it says getting block headers from 8 nodes. But there seems to be no downloading/synchronizing happening at all.

p.s. This is in watching only mode, as I thought I might be able to confirm the multibithd balance before I attempt to move/load anything. Not sure if that is why Electrum is leaving me high and dry. I realise this may be out of the scope of the original question but I'm asking in case this is a common problem with a known fix/explanation.

Any further tips?
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:31:02 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2017, 10:19:59 PM by HI-TEC99

Hi,

Installed Electrum 2.6.4 but not having much luck following your instructions. (Can't do bread because I don't have the pre-reqs for it)

You could try installing Mycelium if your phone doesn't have the pre-reqs for bread wallet. You can use MultiBit HD wallet words in Mycelium, but according to these github posts you have to use Mycelium's "Rescan Account" option afterwards to get it to show your balance. Those github posts were made in 2014/2015, so if mycelium has been improved since you might be able to skip the "Rescan Account" step.

https://github.com/keepkey/multibit-hd/issues/687

The addresses generated between Mycelium and MultiBit HD are the same for the Account 1.
Unfortunately there seem to be some optimisations in Mycelium that mean that they are not fully interoperable. Both Mycelium and MBHD have 'full rescans' where you (most likely) see everything but this is not practical for daily use.

https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet/issues/142

I found my answer. "Rescan Account" option after selecting the account under accounts. Now I have all of account history back.

When I start the Electrum wallet, it asks for the seed words and when I enter them, I expect the 'next' button to become enabled, but it stays greyed-out.

You can't use Multibit HD wallet words in Electrum because one wallet generates compressed private keys from them, and the other generates uncompressed private keys. There is a way to import multibit HD wallet words into Electrum, but because it uses a different key format it generates different addresses to multibit HD from the same wallet words.

So... I tried backing out and opting for entering the 'master key'(just presume that 'Master' means 'public' because it doesn't say... ). Then I see the green light in the corner of the window (I'd upload a screenshot, here, to show what I see, but not having much luck finding out how to do that on this page). But then it just sits there, apparently doing nothing. No messages, no status bar changes, no errors... nada. If I click on the green network status light, it says getting block headers from 8 nodes. But there seems to be no downloading/synchronizing happening at all.

p.s. This is in watching only mode, as I thought I might be able to confirm the multibithd balance before I attempt to move/load anything. Not sure if that is why Electrum is leaving me high and dry. I realise this may be out of the scope of the original question but I'm asking in case this is a common problem with a known fix/explanation.

Importing a multibit HD master key into electrum won't work, but you can create a watching only wallet by following the steps below to import any standard Bitcoin addresses you want to watch.

http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#can-i-import-private-keys-from-other-bitcoin-clients

Can I import private keys from other Bitcoin clients?

In Electrum 2.0, you cannot import private keys in a wallet that has a seed.

If you want to import private keys and not sweep them you need to create a special wallet that does not have a seed. For this, create a new wallet, select “restore”, and instead of typing your seed, type a list of private keys, or a list of addresses if you want to create a watching-only wallet.

If you can't install mycelium you can use the instructions in the post linked below to generate individual private keys from each address you want from your multibit HD wallet, then import them into electrum using the instructions in the quote above.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1785575.msg17859746#msg17859746

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: