Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ninki bitcoin wallet is shutting down, plans to discontinue service  (Read 608 times)
BitcoinXio (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

If you have any bitcoins in the Ninki Wallet, make sure to remove them as soon as possible as they are shutting down.
More details here: http://bitcoinx.io/news/articles/ninki-bitcoin-wallet-is-shutting-down-plans-to-discontinue-service/

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 06:30:44 PM

very sad, I really liked their service... well, moving to blocktrail now, they're similar to ninki. Sad

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:34:12 PM

They didn't really brought in something completely new, as far as I could see... It was expected for them to shutdown. The market is now filled with different kinds of wallets. In the end, only a few will survive (the biggest ones and the ones who bring changes and new functionality, and that are safe to use of course)
BitcoinXio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 04:27:08 PM

They didn't really brought in something completely new, as far as I could see... It was expected for them to shutdown. The market is now filled with different kinds of wallets. In the end, only a few will survive (the biggest ones and the ones who bring changes and new functionality, and that are safe to use of course)
The market is overly saturated with wallets (we have listed over 70+), so it's only natural for some to shutdown after a while. It's hard to keep up with bitcoin tech and wallet software is complex and must always be up to date and secure. I imagine that this year we will see some more wallets shutter as well.

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:33:20 PM

This should serve as a reminder of the importance of only using wallet services for pocket change and not as your main wallet.

I tend to make a few raw tx's of around 0.01-0.05 each that I can quickly broadcast to a "spending wallet" or service if need be. That way my main funds are always safe in cold storage.  Cool

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
BitcoinXio (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 04:55:03 PM

This should serve as a reminder of the importance of only using wallet services for pocket change and not as your main wallet.

I tend to make a few raw tx's of around 0.01-0.05 each that I can quickly broadcast to a "spending wallet" or service if need be. That way my main funds are always safe in cold storage.  Cool
Well, the most important thing is that with any wallet, users should be using wallets that they have full control over - such as full private key access and control, backups, and wallet seeds (depending on the setup). Wallets that don't offer full control I wouldn't fully recommend and if you do use it, only small amounts and *not* as your main wallet.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 05:00:04 PM

Well, the most important thing is that with any wallet, users should be using wallets that they have full control over - such as full private key access and control, backups, and wallet seeds (depending on the setup). Wallets that don't offer full control I wouldn't fully recommend and if you do use it, only small amounts and *not* as your main wallet.

that's the beauty of ninki. you always had full control. the only similiar service is blocktrail.com's wallet - which I'm currently using as hot wallet Smiley

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:01:28 PM

BTW I just checked out your site, bitcoinx.io (listed in signature) pretty nice! Bookmarked for future reference - I had never come across it before.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
BitcoinXio (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 10:11:54 PM

BTW I just checked out your site, bitcoinx.io (listed in signature) pretty nice! Bookmarked for future reference - I had never come across it before.
Awesome, thanks! Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: