Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:08:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculation on bASIC's Change of Ownership before shipping  (Read 2319 times)
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 04:40:10 AM

First off I want to tell you this is "pure" speculation.   I am reading about this mysterious change of ownership. 

What is they used the pre-order money to develop the die/chip and bitstream and the purposely tank the company to get people to cancel their orders and then the new company actually is just going to build units in China/Asia to mining themselves in the mention "hosted" center?  Besides the total lack of morals, this is a possible way you could fund this type of development. 

Thoughts?

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 04:45:57 AM

So Toms company sells preorders to fund development of an ASIC. Production gets paid for, but then the company goes under. No one can get refunds. Company B comes in and buys all the ASIC chips, but doesn't sell them to customers, they just mine for themselves and profit while the previous customers that got screwed are the ones that funded everything?

Its possible, but it was my impression that the ASIC Hosting was here in the USA, not in Asia.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 04:51:03 AM

So Toms company sells preorders to fund development of an ASIC. Production gets paid for, but then the company goes under. No one can get refunds. Company B comes in and buys all the ASIC chips, but doesn't sell them to customers, they just mine for themselves and profit while the previous customers that got screwed are the ones that funded everything?

Its possible, but it was my impression that the ASIC Hosting was here in the USA, not in Asia.

From that drunken email, it sounded like it was in Asia loosely because of the Chinese New Year.  Something is really off about this change of events.  CNY for one only hampers shipments for 2-4 weeks depending on the firm.  Also, why did he not official announce who purchased the company? 

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 05:05:12 AM

From that drunken email, it sounded like it was in Asia loosely because of the Chinese New Year.  Something is really off about this change of events.  CNY for one only hampers shipments for 2-4 weeks depending on the firm.  Also, why did he not official announce who purchased the company? 

There's been no buy-out as yet - that's what the latest update was about and why people have been told to issue charge-backs if they paid by CC.

Quote from: Dave
At this time, there is no deal.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.0

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 07:11:10 AM

There's been no buy-out as yet - that's what the latest update was about and why people have been told to issue charge-backs if they paid by CC.
Quote from: Dave
At this time, there is no deal.
https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.0
LOL so Tom tanks his company, before he even has someone to sell it to?! If you're gonna bail on a failed venture, at least sell it to some other sucker first!

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised that IF a deal is even made with this unnamed Asian Company, they never make it into the hands of customers.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 08:36:35 AM

This seems to turn out as the next successful scam in the bitcoin world. Unfortunately, this time the scammer catched me too.

Time to write off my btcfpga (and bfl) payments... Angry
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 10:09:45 PM

This seems to turn out as the next successful scam in the bitcoin world. Unfortunately, this time the scammer catched me too.

Got the charge back in ..will take upto 90 days to get the $$

So is my first scam lesson in BTC world  Cry

Im moving to LTC.... seems like there is a lot more legit people in that space and also about building out the business aspects instead of SCAM MONEY MINING SCAM MONEY MINING

All that glitters is not BTC gold and jesus said "move towards the light...LTC LightCoin"  direct quote 

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 10:15:33 PM

->"Im moving to LTC.... seems like there is a lot more legit people in that space"

when Bitcoin was 0.04, only idealists bothered. When Litecoin is worth it, it will also get it,s Pirate, Zoutong etc.
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 10:19:37 PM

Im moving to LTC.... seems like there is a lot more legit people in that space and also about building out the business aspects instead of SCAM MONEY MINING SCAM MONEY MINING

All that glitters is not BTC gold and jesus said "move towards the light...LTC LightCoin"  direct quote 

90 days!!!!!  wow, where did your money go?

YipYip

View Profile
January 13, 2013, 11:33:28 PM

90 days!!!!!  wow, where did your money go?

Upto 90 days

Is probably sitting in a Bank account making % for the bank

There are more than 1 rip off merchants in this world...i should know i work for a bank  Cry

P.S No point fighting the machine as the borg would say "resistance is futile"

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 04:54:30 AM

->"Im moving to LTC.... seems like there is a lot more legit people in that space"

when Bitcoin was 0.04, only idealists bothered. When Litecoin is worth it, it will also get it,s Pirate, Zoutong etc.

Learn me about >Zoutong

What was this scam about?

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 09:04:12 PM

Learn me about >Zoutong

16 year old Hong Kong kid writes Bitcoin Exchange, gets bought up for a quadrillion dollars, then a mysterious chinese mafia relic-hunter multi-billionaire über-hacker proceeds to clean out the exchange. Twice.

You may think I'm yanking your power cables. Unfortunately I'm not.
YipYip

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 09:32:21 PM

Learn me about >Zoutong

16 year old Hong Kong kid writes Bitcoin Exchange, gets bought up for a quadrillion dollars, then a mysterious chinese mafia relic-hunter multi-billionaire über-hacker proceeds to clean out the exchange. Twice.

You may think I'm yanking your power cables. Unfortunately I'm not.

...thats Golden  Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:53:42 AM

I realized last night that Bitcoin actually proves all the de-regulation folk in politics definitively wrong. Bitcoin is exactly what life is like without regulation. Scam after hack after implosion after scam after hack.....

Bitcoin is exactly what free market zero regulation looks like. An absolute mess.

more or less retired.
YipYip

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:22:26 AM

I realized last night that Bitcoin actually proves all the de-regulation folk in politics definitively wrong. Bitcoin is exactly what life is like without regulation. Scam after hack after implosion after scam after hack.....

Bitcoin is exactly what free market zero regulation looks like. An absolute mess.

And them times that by a factor of what the real world money market is valued against bitcoin

let say 2^32

It would be pirate * 20k

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 06:16:45 PM

Thank you.  I have been trying to tell this to all these AnCap folks and they think it will be some utopia.

Markets need some form of regulation or they get manipulated easily.  Just think about a football game without any rules, officials or even a standard field.  It would be more like chaos out there, not competition.

Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 07:17:11 PM

Just think about a football game without any rules, officials or even a standard field.
You do realise that footballers self-organise? They voluntarily play under standard rules. They're not forced to play "government football" under penalty of imprisonment. And they're free to invent and play a completely new game if they like.

That was not part of the discussion, you're just parroting AnCap rhetoric.   

What we are talking about is this fascination of a utopian vision of a self-regulating markets that isn't corrupt or manipulated heavily.  A market will happen in either a government or non-government but we I am saying is that under either system, they will face these problems unless you have some form a regulation. 

Sure anyone can play football, but what WE are talking about is Professional Football that has a large business economy around  it.  I swear some of these people have no sense on context when they read things. 

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:52:40 PM

Just think about a football game without any rules, officials or even a standard field.
You do realise that footballers self-organise? They voluntarily play under standard rules. They're not forced to play "government football" under penalty of imprisonment. And they're free to invent and play a completely new game if they like.

That was not part of the discussion, you're just parroting AnCap rhetoric.   

What we are talking about is this fascination of a utopian vision of a self-regulating markets that isn't corrupt or manipulated heavily.  A market will happen in either a government or non-government but we I am saying is that under either system, they will face these problems unless you have some form a regulation. 

Sure anyone can play football, but what WE are talking about is Professional Football that has a large business economy around  it.  I swear some of these people have no sense on context when they read things. 

Yep, you don't have to look any further then Lance Armstrong to see how when you merge "ideals" with "money" you get "corruption". I don't think there is a professional sport out there that isn't manipulated/corrupted at some time or another and to some level or another.

more or less retired.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:19:06 PM

Our government is self organized.
Footballers are forced to play NFL/NCAA/High School football under penalty of fines and/or expulsion.
Anyone is free to leave the US and try to form a new government on some other playing field, just not this one.

BTC is a place where the sharks eat the AnCappers.
I am a little conflicted about some of these ripoff schemes, given who they are preying upon.
It would probably be for the best if there was less fraud, but there is a huge demand in BTC for fraudulent get rich quick schemes.
Who am I to stand in the way of the free market?  Cool

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Dalkore (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 04:14:00 PM

What I don't understand is why those who idolise the state are wasting their time here, when they can use government-endorsed fiat currency.

You're a simple-minded fool if you can't figure that out.  Just because someone supports a nation-state model doesn't mean they don't want monetary independence.  Don't get confused that people that support government agree with how things are being run at the moment.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: