Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:05:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: radioreference.com considering Bitcoin payments, but no interesst in Userbase  (Read 2565 times)
Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:23:04 AM

Thanks to my awesome settings of Google Alerts I found this (Or should I say Google found this for me?):

http://forums.radioreference.com/community-announcements-news/257379-ask-rr-would-you-pay-subscription-bitcoins.html

Quote from: blantonl Founder and President

Default Ask RR: Would you pay for a subscription with Bitcoins?
I'm curious - how many of you out there would pay for a premium subscription using Bitcoins?

If you aren't familiar with Bitcoin, please see here for more info:

Bitcoin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd love to hear the communities' thoughts.

There seems to be no interest from the users, though. Quite the contrary, some of them seem more or less offended by even considering it.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:27:13 AM

I enjoy this website but I'm not a paying customer.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 10:35:25 AM

There seems to be no interest from the users, though. Quite the contrary, some of them seem more or less offended by even considering it.

This seems to be pretty common reaction. Some people are offended that some company would consider accepting bitcoin. What is the harm, you don't have to touch bitcoin with a 10-feet pole if you don't want to? Cheesy

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 11:05:16 AM

Next we'll be bartering.... No thanks.

Lol, yes, the monetary cycle:

Barter
Gold
Paper representing gold
Paper
Bitcoin
Barter

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 04:29:45 PM

mostly negative comments  Huh

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2013, 10:58:40 AM

This one cracks me up...
It all depends if their customer service is based in America or you have to deal with someone in the far east who don't speak very well english

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 02:22:38 PM

They all feel threatened like it's not possible to have more than one funding option.  Huh
joecooin

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 03:15:24 PM

This seems to be pretty common reaction. Some people are offended that some company would consider accepting bitcoin. What is the harm, you don't have to touch bitcoin with a 10-feet pole if you don't want to? Cheesy

This is really interesting.

A little while ago I spent like 72 hours starting a thread and discussing Bitcoin on the most popular German silver-forum.

The thread was quickly filles with total irrational reactions and personal insults from other forum members. Most of them did not have a clue what they were talking about but accused me as if I had suggested to give Satan a blow job.

People tend to live in their belief systems and whenever these belief systems are questioned they panic and overreact. The stronger the belief the stronger the reactions.

Joe

Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:36:16 PM

This is really interesting.

A little while ago I spent like 72 hours starting a thread and discussing Bitcoin on the most popular German silver-forum.

The thread was quickly filles with total irrational reactions and personal insults from other forum members. Most of them did not have a clue what they were talking about but accused me as if I had suggested to give Satan a blow job.

People tend to live in their belief systems and whenever these belief systems are questioned they panic and overreact. The stronger the belief the stronger the reactions.

Joe

I read this thread. You where great Joe.

But you said it: Believe System. You can't argue with or even propose something different to people that strongly believe into something.

Religion is shurely the best example but there are so many others:

Alternative Medicine, Religion, The the state is always right Patriots, , The the state is always wrong Tinfoil-hats, Astrology, Recycling, Organic Food, Vegetarians, Meat Eaters, etc. basically everything.

and even Money. Many People believe that money* = value even proposing that you could use something different too, is blasphemy. (*Or Silver in the case of your thread)

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 03:42:11 PM

If it's a silver forum maybe you should start a new thread about Litecoin  Cheesy
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 07:49:07 PM

Exactly. And never underestimate the vociferiousness of those who are paid by the US Air Force and US Department of Defense to troll.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 01:32:59 AM

Some people buy metals because they dream of becoming fabulously wealthy when society abandons paper money and reverts to a gold standard.

The idea that this might not happen is extremely threatening to the hopes of such people and they tend to respond by attacking anyone who suggests alternate scenarios.
Johnathan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 02:49:54 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2013, 02:18:18 PM by Johnathan

Thanks to my awesome settings of Google Alerts I found this (Or should I say Google found this for me?):

http://forums.radioreference.com/community-announcements-news/257379-ask-rr-would-you-pay-subscription-bitcoins.html

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I've been a paid RR member for many years, though I don't post in the forums there.  So I did my first post there in support of them accepting Bitcoin for subscription payment.

Yeah, I'm disappointed but not all that surprised.  People can be really smart in some areas but completely miss the point in others.  Bitcoin is different enough from the mainstream to set off an allergic reaction in many.

(And the guy that replied he'd use Bitcoin if their tech support was in America was...priceless.)
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2013, 03:06:23 AM

It's scary and laughable at the same time. People researching bitcoins for months, or even considering to accept them for their services and yet, they don't know anything about how the system works. "New = scary" factor prevails the actual issues related to using bitcoins.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 07:46:15 AM

If you have any involvement with I.T., you already know "Bitcoins" has been hacked and exploited in the past.
These myths are still around? Thank you mainstream media, Mt.Gox, TradeHill, Bitomat, Bitcoinica, Rackspace and others for damaging bitcoins PR and taking us years back to the past.
I am really amazed how people are brainwashed by SilkRoad stories in news.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 12:13:33 PM

Overly complicated, questionably reliable. If there is no central controller, then who do you blame when there are problems?

I love this one Cheesy This would sure explain why incompetent people keep getting elected into our political offices.

I would question the use of bit coins since they are mostly used to avoid taxes and ownership. Are you saying that RR is going to the dark side of the internet? Somethings fishy here.

WOOOOOOO! Scary! You don't have to pay for taxes anymore! As for ownership? What the hell is this person talking about?
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 03:29:30 PM

Bitcoins? No. I only pay in oak firewood.

I wonder what the exchange rate of a cord of oak firewood (properly stacked, of course) to Bitcoins would be?
http://forums.radioreference.com/community-announcements-news/257379-ask-rr-would-you-pay-subscription-bitcoins-2.html#post1890080

Wheres the real Phineas?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: