Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 0.12 release  (Read 11222 times)
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:48:23 PM

I maybe going crazy  Shocked I installed Bitcoin-qt 0.12 on OSX El Capitan, started it, it starts syncing then I stopped it so I can change the datadir to directory on my USB HD... I open finder (I enabled to see hidden files) and go to ~/Library/Application Support/ but NO Bitcoin folder there !! did something change with 0.12? can't find any info about it. Please help... I don't know where to put bitcoin.conf now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 12:28:17 AM

I maybe going crazy  Shocked I installed Bitcoin-qt 0.12 on OSX El Capitan, started it, it starts syncing then I stopped it so I can change the datadir to directory on my USB HD... I open finder (I enabled to see hidden files) and go to ~/Library/Application Support/ but NO Bitcoin folder there !! did something change with 0.12? can't find any info about it. Please help... I don't know where to put bitcoin.conf now

Not sure about your issue, but you cant change the datadir with the bitcoin.conf file as the file is within the datadir. You have to pass a path durring launch or create links.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:43:05 AM

Not sure about your issue, but you cant change the datadir with the bitcoin.conf file as the file is within the datadir. You have to pass a path durring launch or create links.

It is solved after a restart of my laptop, the Bitcoin directory is visible now. Never seen this before on OSX but Bitcoin 0.12 is running fine now.
BTC_Learner

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:17:21 PM

Question for you all:

I have enabled pruning in 0.12 on Mac OSX, but I did it via the command line rather than using a config file. But now, whenever I open Bitcoin Core by just clicking on the icon in my Applications folder (rather than opening it via the command line), it tells me I need to -reindex to go back to unpruned mode (which I don't want to do). It does not let me open my wallet without trying to redownload the blockchain.

If I'm understanding it right, in order to be able to have Bitcoin Core run in pruned mode by default whenever I click on the Bitcoin Core icon, I need to set up the config file. But for some reason, I'm having trouble setting it up. Can anyone help me trouble shoot?

- I've created a .rtf file named bitcoin.conf
- The ONLY thing in the file is: prune=1024
- The file is saved to /Library/Application Support/Bitcoin
- That folder must be my data directory, because it's where everything else is stored.
- After creating that file and closing it, I then go to start up Bitcoin Core. But it still gives me the same error message about needing to -reindex

Appreciate any input!!
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 08:20:14 PM

Question for you all:

I have enabled pruning in 0.12 on Mac OSX, but I did it via the command line rather than using a config file. But now, whenever I open Bitcoin Core by just clicking on the icon in my Applications folder (rather than opening it via the command line), it tells me I need to -reindex to go back to unpruned mode (which I don't want to do). It does not let me open my wallet without trying to redownload the blockchain.

If I'm understanding it right, in order to be able to have Bitcoin Core run in pruned mode by default whenever I click on the Bitcoin Core icon, I need to set up the config file. But for some reason, I'm having trouble setting it up. Can anyone help me trouble shoot?

- I've created a .rtf file named bitcoin.conf
- The ONLY thing in the file is: prune=1024
- The file is saved to /Library/Application Support/Bitcoin
- That folder must be my data directory, because it's where everything else is stored.
- After creating that file and closing it, I then go to start up Bitcoin Core. But it still gives me the same error message about needing to -reindex

Appreciate any input!!

You need to remove the rtf file ending. The file needs to be a simple text file, which an rtf file is not. It is best if you simply used a plain text editor and named the file bitcoin.conf.txt. Then in the file explorer renamed that file to remove the .txt part.

ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 12:44:06 PM

2016-02-01
-----------
- Release 0.12.0 final (aim)

Wladimir

I really want to try this upgrade. Smiley Are we still on-target for it to be available tomorrow?

but this is an official version of bitcoin wallet?
who "create" and "share" it and decide the implementation?
sorry but I am a newbie and I need to know more in depth BTC
Queenvio

Activity: 838
Merit: 533

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 01:24:39 PM

What I realy would like to see in an next version of Bitcoin Core,
would be an implement of Multisig to the UI.

Because I think this is a very useful "service" no other currency has and its a little bit "hidden".
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 03:16:28 PM

but this is an official version of bitcoin wallet?
who "create" and "share" it and decide the implementation?
sorry but I am a newbie and I need to know more in depth BTC
This is Bitcoin Core, which is currently considered the reference implementation. It is an official wallet and it is based off of the original client written by Satoshi. The writers of the software include many people in the community, but most of them aren't active on Bitcointalk because good discussions don't happen here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: