Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:33:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoins successor  (Read 4653 times)
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:02:21 PM

I think bitcoin does not need a successor... It will evolve and improve as it goes...

Yup no need of successor and all. It has its own specialty like transparent, Digitalization, User friendly, and many more. I don't know whether it need successor But bitcoin is successful thing among us, that's why we people are crazy about it.
In future there is a chance to rule the all fiat money by bitcoin.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:06:41 PM

Dogecoin is very popular and I'm a big supporter, if you ask me I'd say it's the second most important coin after BTC  http://coinok.pw

That's cool.  Everybody has their coin that they personally like, but I just don't see anything that makes Doge any better than other copy and paste type of altcoins.  They just increased the number of coins, that has the same functionality of Bitcoin.  And also, I don't know what you were trying to show me with that link, it didn't really have much info, besides selling it, faucets, etc.  ... Huh

virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:30:54 PM

Dogecoin is very popular and I'm a big supporter, if you ask me I'd say it's the second most important coin after BTC  http://coinok.pw

That's cool.  Everybody has their coin that they personally like, but I just don't see anything that makes Doge any better than other copy and paste type of altcoins.  They just increased the number of coins, that has the same functionality of Bitcoin.  And also, I don't know what you were trying to show me with that link, it didn't really have much info, besides selling it, faucets, etc.  ... Huh

You can say the same thing about Litecoin or any other coin...

Doge has faster transaction times and it's very popular espacially among youngsters... something to consider.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
KiwiParty

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:34:49 PM

1.Bitcoin is not dying roughly 10 years from now,too early to ask this question
2.The successor of bitcoin will only be bitcoin but regulated maybe.
3.If again I had to choose another altcoin I'd go for dodgecoin.

dodgecoin? thats new to me? Crash free cryptocurrency?

As I stated before, micro transactions are a huge market.
Why should banking let this go?
The are going to revamp the way transactions are made,
and make it standard. Officially.
The Bitblockchain is hosted by private persons for free, and its exceeding 60GB already.
All for FREE. Thats not part of the future.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:35:59 PM

Dogecoin is very popular and I'm a big supporter, if you ask me I'd say it's the second most important coin after BTC  http://coinok.pw

That's cool.  Everybody has their coin that they personally like, but I just don't see anything that makes Doge any better than other copy and paste type of altcoins.  They just increased the number of coins, that has the same functionality of Bitcoin.  And also, I don't know what you were trying to show me with that link, it didn't really have much info, besides selling it, faucets, etc.  ... Huh

Doge has faster transaction times and it's very popular espacially among youngsters... something to consider.

No, there are other coins out there that is built on different code than Bitcoin... look at any other cryptonote coins, Eth, etc.  I gave my spiel about cryptonote coins on the previous page, maybe you should consider reading that.

Doge is popular among youngsters, it was popular among old folks too during 2014... doesn't make it a legitimate coin though.  I just can't take something seriously, if it is only popular because of some "meme".  Litecoin is a legitimate coin I think, because it was one of the first to propose a coin that can be able to confirm at a faster rate than Bitcoin.  Doge is the same way I think, in that it confirms faster than Bitcoin... but it doesn't give any advantages over Litecoin or Bitcoin, other than that it has a cute little dog attached to it's brand name.

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:41:33 PM

Even though this is an interesting question, still, bitcoin won't disappear very soon.

KiwiParty

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:28:35 PM

Even though this is an interesting question, still, bitcoin won't disappear very soon.

not very soon. yes.  Cheesy

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:33:46 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 09:47:41 PM by qwizzie

The way i see it Bitcoin will be used in the future mainly for large payments and will skip the small & very fast payment opportunities as
it is simply not designed and efficient at that. The sidechains just add more third party to it and will centralise things for Bitcoin even more.

The successor / main competitor of Bitcoin will have to excell at all the following :

It needs to have very fast transaction times with very low fees (for both very small and very large transaction amounts)
It needs to be fungeable in order to function as digital money (so each individual coin wont get tainted and possibly loose value because of that coin's history association)
It needs to be as decentralised in setup as possible
It needs to be anonymous as most people and companies value their privacy
It needs to have a strong network with as much full nodes as Bitcoin itself  

Dash already has all these essentials and is adding user-friendly to it as a cherry to the icecake with its next update Dash Evolution

Read more about Dash here : https://www.dash.org/
Info about Dash's masternode network (its network of incentivized full nodes) can be found here :   http://qwizzie.1apps.com/dash/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:38:36 PM

I dont think that any altcoin exceed to BTC, But certainly main altcoins joined can exceed to BTC in value some day.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:53:38 PM

Have a look at the following three alts:
Ethereum, currently number two in market cap offers Smart contracts
Decred, tons of new features to Bitcoin
IOTA, first Coin without Blockchain, for micropayments and Internet of Things

kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:36:54 AM

No, there are other coins out there that is built on different code than Bitcoin... look at any other cryptonote coins, Eth, etc.  I gave my spiel about cryptonote coins on the previous page, maybe you should consider reading that.

Doge is popular among youngsters, it was popular among old folks too during 2014... doesn't make it a legitimate coin though.  I just can't take something seriously, if it is only popular because of some "meme".  Litecoin is a legitimate coin I think, because it was one of the first to propose a coin that can be able to confirm at a faster rate than Bitcoin.  Doge is the same way I think, in that it confirms faster than Bitcoin... but it doesn't give any advantages over Litecoin or Bitcoin, other than that it has a cute little dog attached to it's brand name.

the main reason Doge became popular is due to the fun nature of it. since it was so cheap, i.e many coins per block. people used it heavily and it created a community of active donation and usage. the funding of he nascar car is he bobsled teams are some examples. it was the whole culture behind doge that makes it different. I think the meme part just helps add to the fun nature of dogecoin
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 12:02:35 PM

Ethereum.  Soon there will be a full ethereum node in every samsung IOT device making it the biggest blockchain. 

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
Yatsida

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:04:44 PM

There will be no other bitcoin successor. Bitcoin is the successor to itself. It will change all the time to be better.
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 01:04:24 PM

There will be no other bitcoin successor. Bitcoin is the successor to itself. It will change all the time to be better.

Wishful thinking.   There are many problems with bitcoin that can never be solved.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:19:10 PM

My vote is Decred, or MaidSafe's Safecoin.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1207

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 02:05:54 PM

Bitcoin will remain remain the king of  crypto currency and no crypto currency can succeed it,everytime their are problems facing bitcoin the community always have the solution, we can say alternative but never successor,it's not going to happen..

portalufonet

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:55:26 AM

Noobs saying Ethereum is on challenge to be bitcoin's sucessor

Jesus christ, hahahahahhahahahahahahah stop talking s*it guys please....
Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:50:07 PM

Is there any other coin who is not directly clone of btc or ltc?
I mean something completely different?
Are they are all based on blockchain or am i wrong?
Can we see something different in future?
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 05:17:56 PM

It's hard to say really. I never really tried to understand much about Ethereum, because it doesn't really sound like it's a "currency", rather, it's sort of a "database" system prototype.  I'm pretty sure Microsoft bought out Ethereum as a testing ground for their Azure platform.  So, in a way, I'm just not that interested in Ethereum.

I don't want to sound like some kind of shill for an altcoin on here, because I hate when people use FUD to encourage people to buy some of their coin.  But, I personally think the new coin on the block that holds a legitimate value compared to bitcoin would be Monero (XMR).  They are sort of a fork off of DASH, in which they both use the "cryptonote" code.  If you don't know much about the cryptonote system, it's basically a way to anonymize transactions on the blockchain through "ring signatures".  Monero is different because of a group of active devs working together on the codebase... whereas DASH has become sort of stagnant with active development.  

DASH is also pretty well known for being insta/ninjamined at the beginning, so that the very early adopters have an incredible amount of coins under their belt... Monero was a fairly launched coin, which makes it more appealing to other people who weren't the very first people to hear about it.  

If you want to read more about cryptonotes... here's the white paper:
https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

Also, here's what's being worked on Monero as of right now; which is Ring CT (way of anonymizing the actual amounts on the block chain) this is being worked on by Shen-Noether... someone in the monero research lab:

http://diyhpl.us/~bryan/papers2/bitcoin/Ring%20CT%20for%20Monero.pdf

Again, I really don't care if you guys get into it... I just really like it to help remain anonymous in my transactions, and not have everything publicly available on the blockchain.  A cool tool I use, primarily for buying stuff in BTC, is using my XMR (monero) and using https://xmr.to/  to pay any vendor who accepts bitcoins, and pay with xmr to help remain anonymous.  It just converts how much XMR is worth at the current moment of purchase (in BTC) and pays the vendor in BTC.

Edit: I will have to say though, that it does propose fixes for a couple of the problems that Bitcoin is facing right now... 1) XMR has adaptive blocksizes to adjust accordingly to amount of transactions being done 2) Tail emission features, where the total amount of XMR is added on to in the future to incentivize mining in the future (should be 18 Million coins, and then keeps adding coins as need... where it will get closer and closer to 21 Million over time, but keeps decreasing rewards so it never really gets there).

very interesting post,this is the kind of post that will educate newbies like me on what to look for on any crypto currency,newbies and seasoned holders should read this post before they hype on useless coins

daoneway (OP)

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:10:29 AM

Ethereum?

3MJprz7GLVjQaFHx7hhVErPVYugKNxKs1Y
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: