Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: wtf is going on?!  (Read 3298 times)
Wevariant

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:35:48 AM

People are probably reinvesting the profits they made with going short on the ETH value. So they gain even
more Bitcoins. They sold at a high price, bought cheap ETH, sold them when they saw a collaps coming and
now the re-buy Bitcoins at a lower price  Grin

Problem with that non-theory is that people invest into ETH via BTC. People then cash out of ETH, via BTC. If anything, people gonna want to take cash profits from ETH, which means that they cash out through BTC.

But the Ethereum/BTC volume is too small to affect the bitcoin price. The recent bitcoin price is affected by the block size issue.
I don't even think that's the best way to make any money. It's like gambling. What if you bought BTC thinking it's going to go up then it goes down?

it does mean that ETH's value still depend on BTC just like the rest of the alt coins.

if btc goes down then theres nothing left to do but wonder and wait till it goes up again  Grin

I do not think the Ethereum price is dependent on the bitcoin price. The Ethereum price has risen 10 times against bitcoin recently.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gasotard

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:10:59 PM

People are probably reinvesting the profits they made with going short on the ETH value. So they gain even
more Bitcoins. They sold at a high price, bought cheap ETH, sold them when they saw a collaps coming and

Problem with that non-theory is that people invest into ETH via BTC. People then cash out of ETH, via BTC. If anything, people gonna want to take cash profits from ETH, which means that they cash out through BTC.

But the Ethereum/BTC volume is too small to affect the bitcoin price. The recent bitcoin price is affected by the block size issue.
I don't even think that's the best way to make any money. It's like gambling. What if you bought BTC thinking it's going to go up then it goes down?

it does mean that ETH's value still depend on BTC just like the rest of the alt coins.

if btc goes down then theres nothing left to do but wonder and wait till it goes up again  Grin

I do not think the Ethereum price is dependent on the bitcoin price. The Ethereum price has risen 10 times against bitcoin recently.

But the Ethereum price is going down now. Maybe the pump has just finished and it is being dumped.

lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:14:00 PM

Okay, then what does it rely on then?

Does ETH have some demand because some major site uses it and thats what it requires? please educate me what a alt coin relies on if its not bitcoins price.

if theres no pillars to support a price, its most likely a bubble.

Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:51:10 PM

Okay, then what does it rely on then?

Does ETH have some demand because some major site uses it and thats what it requires? please educate me what a alt coin relies on if its not bitcoins price.

if theres no pillars to support a price, its most likely a bubble.

There are some shops accepting the bitcoin. I have used the bitcoin to buy computers and pay phone bills.

Gasotard

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:00:59 PM

The Steam has accepted the bitcoin now. If 1% of the steam members are converted, that is a big boost.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:49:07 PM

The Steam has accepted the bitcoin now. If 1% of the steam members are converted, that is a big boost.

1% would only mean 1M users, who would use bitcoin regularly, if we assume the same proportion, this mean only 25% increase in global value versus the current 3M users base

so they could bring the price to 600
Wevariant

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:05:49 PM

1% would only mean 1M users, who would use bitcoin regularly, if we assume the same proportion, this mean only 25% increase in global value versus the current 3M users base

I thought there are only 0.5 million active bitcoin users. Where did you get that 3 million user figure?
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 09:28:18 PM

I thought there are only 0.5 million active bitcoin users. Where did you get that 3 million user figure?

There is no way to find out how many users Bitcoin really has. 500K is a bit on the lower side. My guess is somewhere around 1000K.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:29:54 AM

There is no way to find out how many users Bitcoin really has. 500K is a bit on the lower side. My guess is somewhere around 1000K.

"Active" users number around 250K.

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 01:51:54 PM

Do you have any proof for that? Maybe an article or statistics. It's easy to say "there are 1mil active users" "no there are 500k" "active users are around 250k" with scant information.
Sandroxa

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:21:41 PM

Bitcoin is getting more worth and that is perfect for the people that is already using Bitcoin because than they can make maybe more profit in the future.
And that would be perfect for them if that is possible for them.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:33:09 PM

i know there is a significant difference between users in total and active users as you also mentioned. what number of users do you consider the "non active" users to be?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:13:22 PM

it was estimated long time ago based on the number transaction, it's still an estimate, but it appear to be near 3M, 0.5 is very low it can be that low with 200k transaction going on each day
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:51:22 PM

As I said before, there is really no way to find out how many users there are. That's why I'm interested in finding out how you came to that what I consider to be a low number.
Gasotard

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:22:57 PM

As I said before, there is really no way to find out how many users there are. That's why I'm interested in finding out how you came to that what I consider to be a low number.

So we have the use the number of transactions. We need to exclude the low value transactions.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: