Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:40:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Indirectly bitcoin is not illegal in india,i think.  (Read 1086 times)
mynameisdon (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:10:08 AM

Why is govt. Silent on bitcoin? Haven't they heard about it before? Or they are ignoring it? If govt. Thinks bitcoin is illegal in India, then they would have taken any action already. Or maybe they are waiting for the bell to ring?
what's your opinion?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IIIIIHIIIII

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:39:54 AM

They are not silent on Bitcoin. They have talked about it in past in what we can say a positive way. However law stuff surrounding Bitcoin is not clear yet. Its not illegal though so its legal  Grin
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 09:57:58 PM

Why is govt. Silent on bitcoin? Haven't they heard about it before? Or they are ignoring it? If govt. Thinks bitcoin is illegal in India, then they would have taken any action already. Or maybe they are waiting for the bell to ring?
what's your opinion?
Reserve Bank of India has made it clear that they have no plan to regulate bitcoin but they haven't declared it illegal either.Rbi governor has on one occasion appreciated blockchain http://www.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-news/Tech-behind-bitcoin-can-help-checkcounterfeiting-RBI/articleshow/50329014.cms Hope more positive vibes will come out and bitcoin will be given recognition
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 05:16:51 AM

I think policy makers are trying to understand how much can it be useful and its sustainability and stability in the future. In short term they can't decide and then take a u-turn suddenly if they are not comfortable. Also due to misuse of bitcoin is also one of the biggest factor that they will be worrying about.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2016, 11:10:15 AM

I think policy makers are trying to understand how much can it be useful and its sustainability and stability in the future. In short term they can't decide and then take a u-turn suddenly if they are not comfortable. Also due to misuse of bitcoin is also one of the biggest factor that they will be worrying about.

Given the Indian politicians attitude,I can assure you we would be the last nation to regulate bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a currency and like fiat it can be used for good or bad purpose.It doesn't make bitcoin bad itself
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 03:51:04 AM

Given the Indian politicians attitude,I can assure you we would be the last nation to regulate bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a currency and like fiat it can be used for good or bad purpose.It doesn't make bitcoin bad itself
I second your opinion. A very long road ahead.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Pkzone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 10:54:49 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2016, 05:45:14 AM by Pkzone

Bitcoin is decentralized and it doesn't need the crackdowns of government to destroy the entire usage of Bitcoin in India.
However, government can regulate the protocol and you might need to get around this using techniques like Tor or I2P.
Bitcoin is NOT fungible and is trackable which also gives that a second con. It's all a public ledger, if you don't shuffle the coins (AKA: Tumble) a government blockchain analyze can track you down easily.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 10:17:07 PM

Bitcoin is decentralized and it doesn't need the crackdowns of government to destroy the entire usage of Bitcoin in India.
However, government can regulate the protocol and you might need to get around this using techniques like Tor or I2P.
Bitcoin is fungible and trackable which also gives that a second con. It's all a public ledger, if you don't shuffle the coins (AKA: Tumble) a government blockchain analyze can track you down easily.
Is it really easy to find out someone by bitcoin analyzing?I think it is not and unless it involves huge amount,no government will care to crack it.The real problem will come when bitcoin is converted into fiat.It can then be traced
Pkzone

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 05:42:15 AM

Bitcoin is fungible and trackable which also gives that a second con. It's all a public ledger, if you don't shuffle the coins (AKA: Tumble) a government blockchain analyze can track you down easily.
Is it really easy to find out someone by bitcoin analyzing?I think it is not and unless it involves huge amount,no government will care to crack it.The real problem will come when bitcoin is converted into fiat.It can then be traced
It's really easy, yes it's really easy.
I can make a algorithm in 5 hours that can track the source (miner) to the fiat converter easily.

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:51:59 AM

If politicians see the benefits of bitcoin, they will just let it stay unregulated. 
Bribe taking will move from cash to bitcoins. Wink
btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 09:59:39 AM

I can make a algorithm in 5 hours that can track the source (miner) to the fiat converter easily.
I also said that it can be traced if it is converted into fiat.What if it is kept in online wallet?
What if someone uses mixer,will it still be that easy?
cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:25:31 AM

If politicians see the benefits of bitcoin, they will just let it stay unregulated. 
Bribe taking will move from cash to bitcoins. Wink

True.
But then, eventually, this would be the reason for regulation or maybe even banning of Bitcoin.  Grin
Pkzone

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 09:10:09 AM

I also said that it can be traced if it is converted into fiat.What if it is kept in online wallet?

You can keep it in your wallet as long as it is mixed enough.
I usually due to paranoia mix my coins using Joinmarket for about.... 32 times..
If they use mixer and not not-so-well-known-algorithms-used-by-mixers, you should use a application like Joinmarket to safeguard your pseudonymity.

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 09:50:46 PM

I usually due to paranoia mix my coins using Joinmarket for about.... 32 times..
If they use mixer and not not-so-well-known-algorithms-used-by-mixers, you should use a application like Joinmarket to safeguard your pseudonymity.
Thanks for the advice.I dont have lots of coins so I dont think I need to go through all this
mynameisdon (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 04:05:12 PM

to be honest i don't know all about mixing coin.i heard about this many times but didn't got what is this. i also know bitmixer.io but why people use it and how to use.will i be anonymous by using mixing coin?can you please clear my doubts?

btvGainer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 09:58:45 PM

to be honest i don't know all about mixing coin.i heard about this many times but didn't got what is this. i also know bitmixer.io but why people use it and how to use.will i be anonymous by using mixing coin?can you please clear my doubts?
A simple Google search could have helped you.
"... When mixing
bitcoins, you send
your money to an
anonymous service
and, if they are
well-intentioned,
they will send you
someone else's
tainted coins. So,
now, whatever
those coins were
used for may now
be traceable back
to you..."

Read the whole article here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mixing_service
Pkzone

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2016, 10:59:36 AM

Correction: You will not be anonymous, you will be PSEUDONYMOUS if you properly mix it.

A simple Google search could have helped you.
"... When mixing
bitcoins, you send
your money to an
anonymous service
and, if they are
well-intentioned,
they will send you
someone else's
tainted coins. So,
now, whatever
those coins were
used for may now
be traceable back
to you..."

Read the whole article here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mixing_service
There the problem lies, if you trust a centralized mixing service, you are bringing your own fate closer.
If you don't want to trust a mixing service, use JOINMARKET instead!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: