Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Information Request]Someone tried to login into my blockchain wallet  (Read 1630 times)
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:35:59 PM

If hackers brute forces it, he probably have the private keys, the best practice to follow is to create a new wallet, after you format your PC if you don't have any important documents there.
The OP is talking about Blockchain.info a web-based wallet service, so you obviously don't enter your priv key rather your password.

Yes but the hacker can have keylogger, so they check when OP logs in and get his private keys. In this scenario, nor 2FA nor EMail confirmation helps you out cause he can do whatever he likes with OP account. I thought OP was hacked, if not then I am very happy for him.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:51:03 PM

Yes but the hacker can have keylogger, so they check when OP logs in and get his private keys. In this scenario, nor 2FA nor EMail confirmation helps you out cause he can do whatever he likes with OP account. I thought OP was hacked, if not then I am very happy for him.
If you read the previous posts, its highly likely someone is bruteforcing the passwords. Which if you don't know if not in anyway similar to keylogging, what you're saying does not even make sense. You mean to say email accounts of dozens of members have been compromised and the hackers haven't used them, stupid FFS
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 07:26:40 PM

I received a few of these emails just the other day as well.

I'm in the opinion that an identifier list was leaked somehow.
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

I received a few of these emails just the other day as well.

I'm in the opinion that an identifier list was leaked somehow.

Thought the same, could be an inside job for all we know
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:41:43 AM

Good to know. Moved my blockchain wallet's coins to my breadwallet app. Deleting my blockchain app now.

kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:13:56 AM

I am wondering why are everyone not using Blockchain's Chrome extension app and not enabling more layers of security when they have such options available?

Try to add 2 factor with your email so whenever you send payments you will have to verify from your email. Also increase PBKDF2 Iterations to 20000 which will stretch your password to an extreme level.

Add a second password which must not be same as your login password and must be a harder one to brute force.
But do not set that password hint since anyone will get that hint if they knows the wallet identifier.

Block all TOR IP addresses by clicking that check-box and whitelist your IP for better protection. If possible try to restrict access to your whitelisted IP addresses only but you will not be able to open your wallet at all if you have a dynamic IP so be careful to check with your ISP for possible dynamic IPs before enabling this option.

I have taken all these secure measures and now my wallet is having 4 layers of security: Primary password + Secondary password + Email authentication + Block TOR IPs. I invite all the professional hackers to hack my wallet Cool
stingers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:10:17 AM

I am wondering why are everyone not using Blockchain's Chrome extension app and not enabling more layers of security when they have such options available?

Try to add 2 factor with your email so whenever you send payments you will have to verify from your email. Also increase PBKDF2 Iterations to 20000 which will stretch your password to an extreme level.

Add a second password which must not be same as your login password and must be a harder one to brute force.
But do not set that password hint since anyone will get that hint if they knows the wallet identifier.

Block all TOR IP addresses by clicking that check-box and whitelist your IP for better protection. If possible try to restrict access to your whitelisted IP addresses only but you will not be able to open your wallet at all if you have a dynamic IP so be careful to check with your ISP for possible dynamic IPs before enabling this option.

I have taken all these secure measures and now my wallet is having 4 layers of security: Primary password + Secondary password + Email authentication + Block TOR IPs. I invite all the professional hackers to hack my wallet Cool
Chrome extention : No. I am using mobile most of the times. Also yes, these passwords can be used but it then kinda mixed up. Anyways what you said is correct for improving security. Thanks.
h3m96

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:16:09 AM

Stingers:  I got similar email on Feb 12 2016.  Had my blockchain wallet for maybe 2 years now, haven't signed in there in a long time.  Just FYI
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: