Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:54:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have some questions about mining  (Read 1110 times)
crazy-igzo (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:43:45 AM

I'm thinking about starting mining,
and I think about using  a vps. I would love if some one who have already tried it help me a bit
the idea is to buy like 3 or more vpss and install miner in them !! would that be profitable regarding there cost?
any stats?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:53:46 AM

No, you won't make more than a few sats per day, period. Even if the VPS provider will allow you to mine on their servers, the costs are very high and the reward is only a few sats per day.
crazy-igzo (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Data Scientist

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:23:58 AM

No, you won't make more than a few sats per day, period. Even if the VPS provider will allow you to mine on their servers, the costs are very high and the reward is only a few sats per day.
even if you buy a hole vps reseller? and not some, which will give a lot of vpss
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:07:43 PM

even if you buy a hole vps reseller? and not some, which will give a lot of vpss

Yes, you'd need a million of full servers to even come close to the smallest BTC ASIC miner. It would cost you millions per month to earn a single bitcoin after a while. Get a USB miner or something.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Brownpatrick805

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:37:46 PM

and I think about using  a vps. I would love if some one who have already tried it help me a bit
the idea is to buy like 3 or more vpss and install miner in them !! would that be profitable regarding there cost?
any stats?

I started mining and I'm looking at a screen that's calculating , I hit start and in just watching it .
What do I do next , what do I expect to do after a while .
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:41:15 PM

any stats?

I started mining and I'm looking at a screen that's calculating , I hit start and in just watching it .

Nothing. The miner output is processed and submitted to the pool youre mining to. Your shares are calculated by the pool which will share the earnings with you. But if you're not mining on specialized hardware strictly for Bitcoin mining, you will not earn one cent.

You just let Cgminer run forever. Until its not longer profitable for you to do so i suppose.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:40:19 PM

I would suggest you get a cheap usb miner or one of those fancy u3 antminers, or if you like wasting electricity, going with an s1 antminer. Profit is impossible without an Antminer S7 or Avalon 6, and even those probably won't roi, much less survive block halving. If your electricity is cheap, like 0.05$/kwh, you could use a cheap miner and still get shit. Not much, but maybe.
dbickel1990

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:25:26 PM

You would be looking at a minimal income. I would cruise ebay and buy yourself some bitmains at 60 a pop and make some changes on the side that way. That's what I do I make about 0.02/day
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:59:37 PM

any stats?

Nothing. The miner output is processed and submitted to the pool youre mining to. Your shares are calculated by the pool which will share the earnings with you. But if you're not mining on specialized hardware strictly for Bitcoin mining, you will not earn one cent.

You just let Cgminer run forever. Until its not longer profitable for you to do so i suppose.

It would not be cgminer with VPS's.   Most likely it's cpuminer you run, but Virosa is right it just is not worth it.  VPS's even if very expensive chances are can make more doing other things than mining CPU coins.

The day's of CPU mining are just over.   Might you make a little if "free" .... yes but were talking about very small amounts.  Not enough to interest most people.  VPS mining did not last very long.... it was a really fun type of mining but did not last long at all.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:03:19 PM

any stats?

It would not be cgminer with VPS's.   Most likely it's cpuminer you run, but Virosa is right it just is not worth it.  VPS's even if very expensive chances are can make more doing other things than mining CPU coins.

The day's of CPU mining are just over.   Might you make a little if "free" .... yes but were talking about very small amounts.  Not enough to interest most people.  VPS mining did not last very long.... it was a really fun type of mining but did not last long at all.
ahh. the good old days. I remember those. I used to run with a old pentium m cpu but it kept overheating. I probably only mined 3-4 bitcoin from that, and I blew it on gambling. Never doing THAT again  Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:35:20 PM

and I think about using  a vps. I would love if some one who have already tried it help me a bit
any stats?

It would not be cgminer with VPS's.   Most likely it's cpuminer you run, but Virosa is right it just is not worth it.  VPS's even if very expensive chances are can make more doing other things than mining CPU coins.

The day's of CPU mining are just over.   Might you make a little if "free" .... yes but were talking about very small amounts.  Not enough to interest most people.  VPS mining did not last very long.... it was a really fun type of mining but did not last long at all.
ahh. the good old days. I remember those. I used to run with a old pentium m cpu but it kept overheating. I probably only mined 3-4 bitcoin from that, and I blew it on gambling. Never doing THAT again  Smiley

I stick with VPS minining was one of the funnest and fastest types of mining there were.   I mean at one point of time it was profitable to have a EC2 instance with nice VPS.  But miners went so fast it did not stay profitable for long.  CPU coins difficulty skyrocketed with VPS usage.  I can't even remember the name of the alt coin's I mined at the time it was so quick.

Now day's even with a free VPS you are talking about very small gains with cpu mining.   So quite the show of how quick we can go through technology.  
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: