Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:52:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the best mining option?
PoW
PoS
Other - I will describe in the comments so that my option is added to this poll

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012  (Read 408623 times)
duongtien86

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lucky Man

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:28:02 PM

want bounty program 2th. TRC will increase and become more and more popular.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper

http://bdsmtoken.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mutum

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:28:15 PM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=TRC_BTC#

I can't post a picture, but I don't even see an order at 0.00003000, or gather where you are getting the 25% gone from since how would you differentiate multiple sellers at that price?  I would think you'd be tracking an address being sold out.   Can you kindly verify for me where you are getting this idea that a singular whale is selling at at 0.00003000, and how you are figuring out 25% has been sold?  Thanks Smiley

Like clockuniverse said, you can see the wallets on depth/dist on cryptopia. We saw them put up a large sell wall, so we know how much they originally had, and that they are selling down and what the current value of that wallet is. Do we have an exact address? nope, its on the exchange. But all the proof is there if you have time to stare at the charts.

No, you cannot see "wallets" on Cryptopia.  At best you can see particular orders.  I've looked at the depth charts and never seen this "whale".  

I am quickly losing faith in this coin...    It is amateurish to make up reasons/blame 1 entity for the price action.    

Perhaps you can provide screenshots of this huge order?  It certainly doesn't exist whenever I've looked.  If someone can't post proof, than I have to think this is a hype/excuse coin trying only to capture the "masternode" angle with leaders who are spending most of their time hyping the coin and making up fantasy stories about "whales".
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 03:32:25 PM

I can't post a picture, but I don't even see an order at 0.00003000, or gather where you are getting the 25% gone from since how would you differentiate multiple sellers at that price?  I would think you'd be tracking an address being sold out.   Can you kindly verify for me where you are getting this idea that a singular whale is selling at at 0.00003000, and how you are figuring out 25% has been sold?  Thanks Smiley

Like clockuniverse said, you can see the wallets on depth/dist on cryptopia. We saw them put up a large sell wall, so we know how much they originally had, and that they are selling down and what the current value of that wallet is. Do we have an exact address? nope, its on the exchange. But all the proof is there if you have time to stare at the charts.

No, you cannot see "wallets" on Cryptopia.  At best you can see particular orders.  I've looked at the depth charts and never seen this "whale".  

I am quickly losing faith in this coin...    It is amateurish to make up reasons/blame 1 entity for the price action.    

Perhaps you can provide screenshots of this huge order?  It certainly doesn't exist whenever I've looked.  If someone can't post proof, than I have to think this is a hype/excuse coin trying only to capture the "masternode" angle with leaders who are spending most of their time hyping the coin and making up fantasy stories about "whales".

I was typing this while you were posting:

I can explain how I am getting this data.

Someone pointed out that a new account had shown up on Cryptopia with a ton of coins.  I checked it out and it was over 2 million.  I don't remember the exact amount because I just kind of looked at it and thought, "Wow, that is a lot of coins."  Later that day someone said someone put 2 million coins on Cryptopia in a sell order but when I went to look it wasn't on the sell books.  So I checked the depth/disto and the two million was still there.  Still didn't bother to record the total.

Then the price started to drop hard and I checked the whales balance and it was slowly going down.  After a while we were down to 4000 sat and I decided to do a little detective work.  I took a screen shot of the whales balance and then watched the buy orders and checked the whales balance after each buy order was filled.  After a while the price never got above 4000 sat and from comparing buy orders to balance I was pretty sure that any buy order placed at 4000 sat or above was sold to from the whale.

To verify this (the price was at like 3500 sat), I put in a buy order and slowly inched it up every 20 minutes or so.  The whole while hoping that someone else wouldn't sell into my buy order.  After my buy order was at 4000 it took six and a half minutes before the whale sold into it.

I guess I forgot to mention I was timing the intervals between sells to see if there was an obvious pattern (like if he sold every 10 minutes or so), but that data was inconclusive.  Sometimes there was no buy orders at 4000 for long periods of time.  Etc.

The next day around 1:15 pm PST suddenly the price was pushed down to 3000 sat, and I did the whole thing all over again.  I didn't bother timing the intervals this time though.

Also during this data collecting period I found out that the whale does buy ≈1 TRC every once in a while.  I believe this is to try and trick people into thinking the market is on the rise so they will put in buy orders at 3000 sat or above.

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

mutum

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:41:28 PM

"Then the price started to drop hard and I checked the whales balance and it was slowly going down."

Thanks for the answer.  By the above you mean you saw the amount being sold decrease?  How are you able to check this balance? 

Also, isn't there a rich list?  Can't you figure out which address transferred 2M to crytopia to be sold?
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:44:25 PM

I can't post a picture, but I don't even see an order at 0.00003000, or gather where you are getting the 25% gone from since how would you differentiate multiple sellers at that price?  I would think you'd be tracking an address being sold out.   Can you kindly verify for me where you are getting this idea that a singular whale is selling at at 0.00003000, and how you are figuring out 25% has been sold?  Thanks Smiley

http://imgur.com/a/buR87

As you can see, the dist (the wallet underneath the depth chart) shows an account with just over 1.4 million. That used to be a larger amount.  If you want to believe its hype/excuse, thats up to you. Most of us know whats been happening the last couple weeks, and watch the market.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 03:46:55 PM

"Then the price started to drop hard and I checked the whales balance and it was slowly going down."

Thanks for the answer.  By the above you mean you saw the amount being sold decrease?  How are you able to check this balance? 

Also, isn't there a rich list?  Can't you figure out which address transferred 2M to crytopia to be sold?

You can see account totals (wallets) on Cryptopia.  Go to Depth/Dist. and hover your mouse over the blue line on the far left side.  It will then show you have much an account has on the site.  You can do something similar on C-Cex as well.

At the beginning he would place the order for about 30 seconds or so, but he changed his tactic.

I am not sure what you mean about capture the masternode angle.  We want the decentralized governance and have for a while.  You can read through this thread to find that out.

As for the leaders spending time "hyping the coin," I also am not sure what you mean.  I spend most of my time answering questions about Terracoin on Telegram and Slack.  Is that the hype you are talking about?

I was going to post an image, but it looks like sixoffive already did.  I hate how bitcointalk deals with images.

Log onto Telegram or Slack and I can post an image on there.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:07:34 PM

I think that in the long run Terracoin will prosper. A Bittrex listing in the future would help as well I think. Still so many people unaware of this coin and the team behind it.
if trex will adding this more people will be attracted to invest from this project still undervalued and if ever someone likes to invest better to think
for longer holds this coins have a good future ahead an ongoing development from the dev will make this project turned to a big success after
everything got to its purpose.

mutum

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:14:02 PM

I can't post a picture, but I don't even see an order at 0.00003000, or gather where you are getting the 25% gone from since how would you differentiate multiple sellers at that price?  I would think you'd be tracking an address being sold out.   Can you kindly verify for me where you are getting this idea that a singular whale is selling at at 0.00003000, and how you are figuring out 25% has been sold?  Thanks Smiley

As you can see, the dist (the wallet underneath the depth chart) shows an account with just over 1.4 million. That used to be a larger amount.  If you want to believe its hype/excuse, thats up to you. Most of us know whats been happening the last couple weeks, and watch the market.

Ok, ummmmm you're wrong.  Super wrong, and bordering on being purposefully misleading.  
The point in the chart you are referring to is actually the DEPTH of BUY orders for TRC.  NOT a seller's WALLET!  AT ALL.  It is a bid order for a million at 1 satoshi.  

PRICE                    QUANTITY            TOTAL (BTC)       Sum (BTC)
0.00000001   1000000.00000000   0.01000000   23.26865402

This could be a decent coin, but honesty and transparency are paramount, and I can't tell if you're just confused or being manipulative.
SixOfFive

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:20:35 PM

Ok, ummmmm you're wrong.  Super wrong, and bordering on being purposefully misleading.  
The point in the chart you are referring to is actually the DEPTH of BUY orders for TRC.  NOT a seller's WALLET!  AT ALL.  It is a bid order for a million at 1 satoshi.  

This could be a decent coin, but honesty and transparency are paramount, and I can't tell if you're just confused or being manipulative.

0.00000003   2000266.66666667   0.06000800   11.43110637   
0.00000002   50000.00000000   0.00100000   11.43210637   
0.00000001   1000000.00000000   0.01000000   11.44210637

where is the 2 million at 0.00000003 then? Highest listed is about 1.4mil in the dist chart. You're reading it wrong.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 04:35:57 PM

If you scroll across the bottom of that screen (on the actual bottom line of the box) the totals will slowly go down and if you have some TRC you will eventually find your balance there.  Well, if you have over 8,444.  That looks like the lowest balance it will show.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

mutum

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:41:45 PM

0.00000003   2000266.66666667   0.06000800   11.43110637   
0.00000002   50000.00000000   0.00100000   11.43210637   
0.00000001   1000000.00000000   0.01000000   11.44210637

where is the 2 million at 0.00000003 then? Highest listed is about 1.4mil in the dist chart. You're reading it wrong.

I apologize, I'm incorrect.  Did not realized that beneath the Order Book distribution was descending wallets.  Thanks everyone.  Long live TRC.  Thanks for the patience everyone.
clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 04:46:13 PM

I apologize, I'm incorrect.  Did not realized that beneath the Order Book distribution was descending wallets.  Thanks everyone.  Long live TRC.  Thanks for the patience everyone.

No problem!  I didn't know it showed that until recently myself.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

SixOfFive

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:51:40 PM

We all make mistakes, its all good. Glad we could help.
Judge-Dredd

Activity: 517

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

Are there really people here complaining about the mn cost decrease? I think it's great. Who doesn't want more affordable nodes. If you can't afford a vps for a few dollars a month you probably shouldn't be dabbling in crypto investments anyway and should look to find a better day job.

I also saw some people complaining that they already bought 10k trc. Great! Run 2 mns. Or sell your other 5k. I'll buy it.

Will these same people complaining about the cost decrease be complaining when they're trying to set one up and purchase coins with trc at $1+?

To the person who said the mn's should be pegged at a regular $ price. That would create one hell of a problem any time the price fluxes and I don't even think that it's possible to code such a thing.

Get 'em while they're cheap or regret it later.

my 2 cents.

-Dredd

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Bee Cho Chen

Activity: 240

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:14:40 PM

I fully support the 5k per masternode. I think that is as perfect of a number to set it at.

Almost 8 weeks away guys!
Natalya

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:28:57 AM

Looks like it is good entry point right now.Just got couple nodes. Wink

″ Working on Implementing                 WEBSITE        ANN THREAD
                  DASH's Decentralized Governance,              TERRACOIN 1.0 [ TRC ]  EST 2012                 REDDIT          GITHUB
                     Masternodes and Instant Sent..           TWITTER        BTC GARDEN
johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:49:55 AM

It's a great pity that the cost of masternode was reduced so drastically. I have seen no such a deep discussion about it as well.

In the short term it means that everybody who bought 10.000 TRC to run a masternode will face the problem of multiple masternodes and will have to double their monthly costs (as to run 2 masternodes will require to hire 2 VPS instead of one) to have the same monthly income in TRC. So it may basically lead to a negative profits until the price of TRC do not rise again.
The multiple masternodes are considered to be a risk for the net as well.

Another issue:
Will the TRC mn support the IPv6 only? If not we may face hard times sooner or later, as one have to justify every IPv4 address he needs, because they are limited.

2 masternodes doesn't require two VPSes but we highly recommend running them that way.  It does double the cost, but we have to look at long term goals.  With masternodes costing 10,000 TRC it just is too expensive with the growth that we see in the future.

After the pump and dump the price of TRC was on a steady rise until this whale showed up and continually slaps the price back down to 3000 sats.

Once the whale is done dumping I see the price growing again, especially since I keep telling people to not put in buy orders above 3000 sats. 

I also have been recommending everyone stack on 1000 sats (on Cryptopia) until we get 15 bitcoins there because that may entice the whale to dump completely.

As for IPv6 and IPv4 they both should work, but we will know 100% once the testnet is up and running.

The lower price of the Mn will drive the price of TRC down at the beginning.
Make your calculations:
1) now there are miners that have already invested into equipment so they don't need to spend a lot of TRCs to cover their expenses and being TRC merge mining they are probably just holding.
2) after the Mn are implemented we all will need to sell a lot of TRCs to cover the expenses for VPS

So halving the price of the Mn will just drive the price even more down.

Maybe the best idea would be to create a high price Mns in the beginning and after some time release the second level masternodes for a lower price (like they do it for XBy).

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 03:38:50 PM

Make your calculations:
1) now there are miners that have already invested into equipment so they don't need to spend a lot of TRCs to cover their expenses and being TRC merge mining they are probably just holding.
2) after the Mn are implemented we all will need to sell a lot of TRCs to cover the expenses for VPS

Maybe the best idea would be to create a high price Mns in the beginning and after some time release the second level masternodes for a lower price (like they do it for XBy).

We made our calculations and lowering the cost of masternodes to 5000 is the way to go.

In response to your assumptions:
1) Miners have been selling TRC on the market from the beginning (some mining pools automatically sell their TRC on the market and give their miners BTC.).  Before we decided to add DASH's masternode tech the price was slowly being driven down by miners because we couldn't get enough new investors to buy up the coins sold by miners.  There is nothing wrong with them selling their TRC immediately.  They want to make money just like everyone else.
2) Even if everyone sell all of their masternode rewards (which isn't going to happen.  I know I am going to hold mine and just pay the $20 out of pocket every month) immediately you aren't taking into account new people wanting to get in on TRC masternodes.  At the price of 5000 TRC it makes it more affordable and available for new people to join.  Right now a masternode is $400, and things haven't even gotten started yet.  Imagine if the price of TRC is $.20, or $1.00.

I don't know anything about XBy so I don't want to comment on what they are doing.

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

johnwhitestar

Activity: 697
Merit: 262

Slimcoin - the Proof of Donation inventors!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:58:38 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 05:13:40 PM by johnwhitestar

Make your calculations:

We made our calculations and lowering the cost of masternodes to 5000 is the way to go.

In response to your assumptions:
1) Miners have been selling TRC on the market from the beginning (some mining pools automatically sell their TRC on the market and give their miners BTC.).  Before we decided to add DASH's masternode tech the price was slowly being driven down by miners because we couldn't get enough new investors to buy up the coins sold by miners.  There is nothing wrong with them selling their TRC immediately.  They want to make money just like everyone else.
2) Even if everyone sell all of their masternode rewards (which isn't going to happen.  I know I am going to hold mine and just pay the $20 out of pocket every month) immediately you aren't taking into account new people wanting to get in on TRC masternodes.  At the price of 5000 TRC it makes it more affordable and available for new people to join.  Right now a masternode is $400, and things haven't even gotten started yet.  Imagine if the price of TRC is $.20, or $1.00.

I don't know anything about XBy so I don't want to comment on what they are doing.

Here are my calculations:
You were assuming that it will be 100 masternodes at the price 10.000 TRC per node.
I'm assuming that at that price it will be straight from the beginning 200 masternodes.
So if the price of one masternode is 5000 we will have 400 masternodes.
We have 97000 TRC per month to split between all this masternodes.
So each masternode will receive 242.5 per month.
Which at the current price means 18.9 USD.
As vultr do not let you to have multiple accounts you have to use Digital Ocean drops at the price of 10 USD per VPS, in order to have multiple masternodes.
Which means that you'll have to sell 128 TRCs to cover your VPS expenses.  
(By the way it means 27% Roi/year in USD at the current price.)
If all the 400 masternodes will need to sell that much of TRCs, it means that we'll have 51322 TRC dump each month.
How many freshly mined TRCs are dumped each month at the moment?

clockuniverse (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 05:17:40 PM

Here are my calculations:
You were assuming that it will be 100 masternodes at the price 10.000 TRC per node.
I'm assuming that at that price it will be straight from the beginning 200 masternodes.
So if the price of one masternode is 5000 we will have 400 masternodes.
We have 97000 TRC per month to split between all this masternodes.
So each masternode will receive 242.5 per month.
Which at the current price means 18.9 USD.
As vultr do not let you to have multiple accounts you have to use Digital Ocean drops at the price of 10 USD per VPS, in order to have multiple masternodes.
Which means that you'll have to sell 128 TRCs to cover your VPS expenses.  
(By the way it means 27% Roi/year at the current price.)
If all the 400 masternodes will need to sell that much of TRCs, it means that we'll have 51322 TRC dump each month.
How many freshly mined TRCs are dumped each month at the moment?

I am not sure but I would guess between 200k - 400k.

Your calculations pretty much proved that 5000 collateral for a masternode is perfect.

Using your math that means we only need 11 new masternode owners per MONTH before the price raises.

Obviously the math doesn't include whales, or people buying to hold, or miners, but otherwise it looks great.  Thanks man!

.    Implemented!    .
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: