Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:38:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: Shift [SHF] Takeover Thread  (Read 12353 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:56:12 PM

So is this alive, what is progress right now?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:14:00 AM

So....anyone gonna tell us what went wrong with the last team of developers?  What's the reason for the takeover?

Thanks in advance...
tx42 (OP)

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:33:18 AM

So is this alive, what is progress right now?

Progress is going to be slow at first because I decided to pick this up on the spur of the moment.

For now, please PM me with an email address for slack.

The slack is https://shiftnrg.slack.com/

We'll build a community in the slack and here.

Please remember, I'm just an organizer, but I've helped with a lot of coins. I am working on finding devs. I have a lead or two, but none who want to be the front man yet.

The first step of development will be to catch up with the ethereum commits. Then we'll look for something that can distinguish the coin.

If you want to improve the value of your investment, please help with the slack membership drive immediately. Just ask members to PM me with their email addresses. Slack email addresses can be throwaway addresses like https://www.guerrillamail.com/ or http://www.yopmail.com/

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
Maverick69

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 05:22:27 PM

Please join our slack channel, you can remain as anonymous as on Bitcointalk (preferably keep the same username as on here, so we can have a clue about who you are)

https://shiftnrg.slack.com/

We're discussing Shift's future and how to get this coin at way higher place.
This is also the place where you can offer your services (translations, social activity, anything really)
To join, send a PM to tx42 with the email address you want to use.
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:17:51 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 10:25:02 PM by m4nki

Some inspiration where this could lead:

https://vimeo.com/155543584

If there is a right vision with focus, SHIFT could focus on a certain type of smart contracts that enable automation of industry specific tasks. The focus on one specific industry will make things much easier (not saying easy) and faster to achieve progress than wanting to build a platform for everyone (e.g. Ethereum).

The community could also suggest what kind of industries are in most need for blockchain automation via smart contracts.

If I get thinks right, the question is whether SHIFT focuses on building blockchains or building smart contracts, or what else comes to your mind?

Shift develops [a defined offering]

to help [a target audience]

[solve a problem]

[with secret sauce].

This is the pitching model from Adeo Ressi that I found very useful for startups in the past.
It also explains secret sauce: https://vimeo.com/16447520

Ethereum will be a workshop for developers for a while, before rising as a multigiant will multiplex applications.

SHIFT could be the side giant with a specialized hammer, building powerful tools for the chosen industry:

Which industry do you think of?

Which industry would most benefit from blockchain technology at it's core that could not just easily be solved with a less flexible solution than Ethereums source code?

Maybe the one you even work in?

Happy to discuss.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 02:15:23 AM

slack is garbage.

tx42 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 04:25:13 AM

Some inspiration where this could lead:

https://vimeo.com/155543584

If there is a right vision with focus, SHIFT could focus on a certain type of smart contracts that enable automation of industry specific tasks. The focus on one specific industry will make things much easier (not saying easy) and faster to achieve progress than wanting to build a platform for everyone (e.g. Ethereum).

The community could also suggest what kind of industries are in most need for blockchain automation via smart contracts.

If I get thinks right, the question is whether SHIFT focuses on building blockchains or building smart contracts, or what else comes to your mind?

Shift develops [a defined offering]

to help [a target audience]

[solve a problem]

[with secret sauce].

This is the pitching model from Adeo Ressi that I found very useful for startups in the past.
It also explains secret sauce: https://vimeo.com/16447520

Ethereum will be a workshop for developers for a while, before rising as a multigiant will multiplex applications.

SHIFT could be the side giant with a specialized hammer, building powerful tools for the chosen industry:

Which industry do you think of?

Which industry would most benefit from blockchain technology at it's core that could not just easily be solved with a less flexible solution than Ethereums source code?

Maybe the one you even work in?

Happy to discuss.

Thank you for this. I will start thinking.

I do not have a concrete development roadmap yet except to restore the community back to health.

Unlike the previous developer, I will not disappear, at least not until I get a properly qualified team together.

I'm a crypto-organizer and I am invested in Shift, so I want to see it healthy. I do not trust the other developer, like others here, because the timing of his return is suspect.

Please join the slack channel. I haven't made time for this project, but I am slowly opening up my schedule to make time and get it rolling. I will check in every day and keep the community organized.

The next step after we have a recruitment push for this thread and the slack channel is to get a block explorer together.

tx42 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 04:27:19 AM

slack is garbage.

I know a lot of people do not like the closed nature of slack. But we will do a multi-pronged approach.

Slack is for people who want to get more deeply involved. If you are just a bystander who wants regular updates on bitcointalk, I'll try to accommodate that the best I can.

You are welcome here.

doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 04:43:14 AM

look at exp. its nice eth clone Cheesy Cheesy
i hope this project running good

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:31:32 AM

Moderated bitcointalk threads are garbage as well.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:36:54 AM

I support your take over though.

InceptionCoin

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:45:08 PM

Shift has good potential. I will play with code and may be create some pull requests.

Skilled C++ and Python programmer. Looking around to create solid longterm coin by myself. Do you have any ideas? Feel free to PM me.
Maverick69

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 02:04:52 PM

Shift has good potential. I will play with code and may be create some pull requests.

Great! Join us on the Slack channel.

All you have to do is to send a PM to tx42 with your email address, you will receive an invite in the mail, and then you will be prompted to create an account (which takes less than 1 minute). Tx42 is the only one able to accept members since he's the creator of the channel.

Everyone with good will is welcome!
tx42 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:27:52 AM

I support your take over though.

Thank you for that. I assure you I will only moderate spam, NSFW, and malicious links, just like the forum moderators.

tx42 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:28:54 AM

Can you please submit pull requests to https://github.com/shift-takeover/shift

Thanks for participating!

tx42 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:35:08 AM

Daily Update

I just invited a bunch of people. My plan is to make a little progress each day, bringing people into the slack and to keep the thread moving.

I found an open source ethereum block explorer and forked it to the takeover repo. I'll find a dev to get it up and running.

These are going to be baby steps until I free up more time. The first thing I'll do is to procure a server and get the client synced on it. Then arrange to have the block explorer ported to Shift.

I have had one person contact me with knowledge of smart contracts. I have asked him if he will help set up the community-managed escrow.

Right now, it would be good to get some chatter here and in the slack. If you don't have time to participate, don't worry. Post when you can. Ask questions. I'll be here daily until we have a team together.

Maverick69

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:29:01 AM

For those of you who can't sync the wallet, here are some peers (add them in the console):

Code:
admin.addPeer("enode://9852729849ab856e699af353159e781c780bac3d706da26ae41a64407b320f31c2f4a6fdee74d61ce0c9077a9a578503c8fe4e75722fc2e8ad1b97b8e823d20d@90.161.84.133:53900")
admin.addPeer("enode://dfac27f4e14600a06480ee72d2d9a28c26805ac8cbc31e1d07225a49d5669f54f97ff9d88c20cd9ec2f148c8cb64861820eee8d235b79a3edceec0648fa9376b@178.33.228.14:53900")

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:41:06 AM

Oh nice shift bringing back to life i like it. You have my support guys.
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:20:29 PM

Daily Update

I just invited a bunch of people. My plan is to make a little progress each day, bringing people into the slack and to keep the thread moving.

I found an open source ethereum block explorer and forked it to the takeover repo. I'll find a dev to get it up and running.

These are going to be baby steps until I free up more time. The first thing I'll do is to procure a server and get the client synced on it. Then arrange to have the block explorer ported to Shift.

I have had one person contact me with knowledge of smart contracts. I have asked him if he will help set up the community-managed escrow.

Right now, it would be good to get some chatter here and in the slack. If you don't have time to participate, don't worry. Post when you can. Ask questions. I'll be here daily until we have a team together.

Good job on the progress!

Maverick69

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:43:46 PM

Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/ShiftNrg

FB and Reddit are coming soon...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: