Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:52:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin based shopping carts  (Read 917 times)
SimplyRouge2 (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 512

Stakes Discord https://discord.gg/mZYDbZn

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 03:09:11 PM

Someone asked me if there was any way to add BTC as a payment method for them. They already sell in USA via ebay, but are old school.  I'm got the fundamentals down with BTC, and am trying to expand my knowledge.

Since etsy, ebay and amazon do not appear to accept BTC, I was wondering if there was a ready made cart or similar type of ebay/amazon/etsy type site that products could be listed on and paid for in USD via BTC.  The BTC would have to be converted very quickly to USD and deposited to an account, in a similar way that a credit card payment does.

Also, for anyone with this kind of experience, what is the best way of doing a simple test run to gauge demand with BTC payments.  Would possibly be interested in lean methods of seeing if BTC would be a viable solution for especially for international customers.

Any tips, advice, links to more info, warnings, etc... would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:38:18 PM

Someone asked me if there was any way to add BTC as a payment method for them. They already sell in USA via ebay, but are old school.  I'm got the fundamentals down with BTC, and am trying to expand my knowledge.

Since etsy, ebay and amazon do not appear to accept BTC, I was wondering if there was a ready made cart or similar type of ebay/amazon/etsy type site that products could be listed on and paid for in USD via BTC.  The BTC would have to be converted very quickly to USD and deposited to an account, in a similar way that a credit card payment does.

Also, for anyone with this kind of experience, what is the best way of doing a simple test run to gauge demand with BTC payments.  Would possibly be interested in lean methods of seeing if BTC would be a viable solution for especially for international customers.

Any tips, advice, links to more info, warnings, etc... would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bitpay has a hosted checkout that takes care of address and everything
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:39:36 PM

Not sure what you mean there but as far as Amazon,ebay shopping with bitcoins is concerned,you can easily buy the products using btc.There are a few third party services which import your shopping card and pay for it from your wallet.One side I know which works with amazon is purse.io,they have good deals ,offers for using the service.Give it a try if you wish to purchase stuff from amazon using bitcoins.
SimplyRouge2 (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 512

Stakes Discord https://discord.gg/mZYDbZn

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 10:31:59 PM

Bitpay has a hosted checkout that takes care of address and everything

Thank you for very much for your response.  A hosted checkout sounds like a great solution.  Do you know of any other hosted BTC checkout solutions other than Bitpay that are reliable?  I wanted to compare a few.

And just in case, any hosted solutions that has options for accepting Alt coins?

Lastly, in my research I read wordpress may be able to handle the coin payments.  What are your thoughts? Pros/Cons?

DesignDerby.co.uk

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 08:16:00 AM

Sure there is plenty.. The best solution for you would be using CoinPayments WooCommerce plugin. If your friend is looking to get this setup, you can contact me and I would be more than happy to get in touch with him.
farafaucet

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 02:37:32 AM

Bitpay has an awesome service, no doubt. I also suggest using Canada based Coinkite (https://coinkite.com/). Besides the tools for shopping carts they go beyond providing POS terminals and debit cards!

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: