Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened with BTCFPGA?  (Read 934 times)
shadowhax (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:17:14 AM

I read some threads having talked about this problem with BTCFPGA who was to make these bASIC rigs. But none I see give really lots of details on how this happen or why.

Was BTCFPGA just a scam? Do they steal everyone money to run away? Or do they simply get the money and do something stupid now company is falling? This really bad I think no matter what happen there. And do anyone know if someone else will now take this the company over?

Please do lots of details and whole story. I will like to know more about this from people who know whole story and details.

I wonder also now what this mean for BFL and other ASIC companys. This should bring fear for everyone now who order product that does not yet existed.

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shadowhax (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:53:33 AM

I look into BTCFPGA website and it look like they still have pages up to sell products! Why do they do this if company is falling now? Someone who knows not there is problems can be tricked and money can disappear.

I also seen that Dave of public relations for company says website under attack by DDOS. Whoever does this must stop because whose left at company tries to give refind to customers so this is very bad idea.
insanityflea

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:48:52 AM

I look into BTCFPGA website and it look like they still have pages up to sell products! Why do they do this if company is falling now? Someone who knows not there is problems can be tricked and money can disappear.

I also seen that Dave of public relations for company says website under attack by DDOS. Whoever does this must stop because whose left at company tries to give refind to customers so this is very bad idea.

I think they are scamming people, hence the page is still up.
jar

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 05:43:21 PM

They removed all of the ASIC product pages a little bit ago.  It looks like they either failed to build a product (engineering problem) or it was a scam all along.  The FPGA product pages have been up and may be legit.  But I wouldn't buy one now.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:49:52 PM

If it is or was an outright scam they've a spot reserved on world's dumbest crooks as they're refunding people's money.

MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 08:59:26 PM

He made about 53BTC from my orders alone, by refunding a smaller amount of BTC than I sent.  (I was refunded only USD equivalent, even though I could care less about USD).  It's a major scam to those of us who like me, aren't surprised at all at BTC going up (& the USD collapsing).   Esp. considering we were mis-informed about the project from start to finish.
creativex

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:08:33 PM

He made about 53BTC from my orders alone, by refunding a smaller amount of BTC than I sent.  (I was refunded only USD equivalent, even though I could care less about USD).  It's a major scam to those of us who like me, aren't surprised at all at BTC going up (& the USD collapsing).   Esp. considering we were mis-informed about the project from start to finish.

I know, and I agree the BTC/USD conversion rate of refunds is a problem. I'm still waiting on my BTC refund btw as I watch the exchange rate climb. I believe it was around $12.75 when I paid. Sad This is a problem with all of the vendors however and the thread is about BTCFPGA. At this point I'll just be happy to get my funds out even with the exchange rate bath.

I really don't want to be in a position of defending any of the vendors, I'm as p1ssed about the lack of professionalism exhibited as anyone else. Sadly they're all being run like shady back alley pawn shops and just when you thought Avalon was the group of professionals amidst a sea of rank amateurs they pull this shipping/dead quiet crap. Roll Eyes   

SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

He made about 53BTC from my orders alone, by refunding a smaller amount of BTC than I sent.  (I was refunded only USD equivalent, even though I could care less about USD).  It's a major scam to those of us who like me, aren't surprised at all at BTC going up (& the USD collapsing).   Esp. considering we were mis-informed about the project from start to finish.

Here you are whining about getting your BTC back. Somehow expecting more than the dollar equivalent in BTC you knew you were paying at the time back ie. you spend ~$1000 then you get ~$1000 worth back sorry about your luck and your scam intentions wanting more back than you paid. Suppose those of us that lost out on the exchange rate when we were refunded in the US dollars we paid instead of the full amount of local currency should start whining as well seems to be the favourite pass time around here.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 09:50:02 PM

He made about 53BTC from my orders alone, by refunding a smaller amount of BTC than I sent.  (I was refunded only USD equivalent, even though I could care less about USD).  It's a major scam to those of us who like me, aren't surprised at all at BTC going up (& the USD collapsing).   Esp. considering we were mis-informed about the project from start to finish.

Here you are whining about getting your BTC back. Somehow expecting more than the dollar equivalent in BTC you knew you were paying at the time back ie. you spend ~$1000 then you get ~$1000 worth back sorry about your luck and your scam intentions wanting more back than you paid. Suppose those of us that lost out on the exchange rate when we were refunded in the US dollars we paid instead of the full amount of local currency should start whining as well seems to be the favourite pass time around here.

This would only make sense if a) they converted the btc into usd's AND b) they were actually vending a product that I got a refund for, rather than vending absolutely nothing and simply pocketing my BTC for the favor.  

They didn't convert the BTC to USD so all your jibber-jabber about exchange rates is moot.  For the record, had the price of BTC fallen I would have equally expected my BTC back.  You see, your USD is collapsing with your US economy, I believe in bitcoin's future not the dollar's, so I want the btc I sent back.  
rpgman1

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 09:57:22 PM

I was wondering if all this talk about ASICs are actually fabricated. People keep saying GPU for mining bitcoins will be obsolete, but these mining rigs with FPGA or ASIC don't seem to exist at all.
EngMan

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:08:23 PM

The FPGA miners exist....but if ASICs come out they will become worthless with time.

I am one of those FPGA miners including one ModMiner Quad I bought from btcfpga many months ago. It has been great for me with the ASIC delays but would NOT buy any now. Tom of BTCFPGA seemed like a standup guy when I originally bought from him. I just think he may have gotten in way over his head on ASICs.

Sorry, I'm all sold out of x6500's.
PeterChang

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 10:18:41 PM

Is the ModMiner still available for sale? Or did all of BTCFPGA implode?
creativex

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:12:09 AM

Last I heard they still had some MMQs available. It was a post by buzzdave on BTCFPGA's official forum however and I believe they've all been deleted.

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 08:04:20 AM

Sorry... don't buy it.

There have just been too many lies.. and I think the latest one about the chips being stuck in the packaging company due to missing payments is also a crock of shit.

Something else has gone on and Tom just does not have the "testicular fortitude" to keep his word, which is why all the forum was trashed.

and why  I guess the "my account is hacked" scam was pulled... it was absolutely the FASTEST way to get ALL his past posts erased from bitcointalk, as regards to  Dave (who I think is honest), his account was compromised...... BUT it was on a system UNDER THE CONTROL OF TOM, feeling is that.......It was just a cover for the main event.....

Time for a scammer tag... not because the ASICS were not delivered... but because of the continual LIES at every turn.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
PeterChang

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:05:44 PM

Thanks for the great advice!!! I'll stay away Smiley
maxbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 07:28:36 PM

Yea its dangerous, their site is still up as if live, ready to accept orders lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: