April 19, 2024, 07:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 [608] 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843546 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:01:26 PM

With the upcoming Halving 9 May, we will be mining only HALF the amount of coins we do now...

Who will be mining this coin, when price will not double?

Sorry to say, but if mining XVG will be intense lower I will switch back to LTC.

Wondering what others will do Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
D3m0nKinGx

Activity: 1638
Merit: 507

The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:15:57 PM

With the upcoming Halving 9 May, we will be mining only HALF the amount of coins we do now...

Sorry to say, but if mining XVG will be intense lower I will switch back to LTC.

Those that have free electricity most likely.  Either way it will continue to be mined it's just the way of things in crypto, money is to be made and ppl will make it. Plus, if the number of miners decrease, so does the difficulty, ofc depending how much it will change will increase the reward to the miners, but not likely so much it would offset the decrease in rewards.

Of course the easier thing would be for the price to double to offset the mining difference, which is totally possible if the mining community wants it to Wink , let the whales lead the way  Kiss

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:25:25 PM

Hello there!
Whats wrong with my transaction, i am waiting it for  last 9 hours. 696 confirmations atm. Can anyone help with it?
XVG txid: 85763c431305c7f3997842fb45b1f350421e511233fa14bea9c6ace071499075

Your balance was sent to this address:

https://verge-blockchain.info/address/DMwp8hLanupkN42iZBwZ5ErvGGXEiNb1eF

DMwp8hLanupkN42iZBwZ5ErvGGXEiNb1eF
Total Sent (XVG)   Total Received (XVG)   Balance (XVG)
5367.61283700     5367.61283700          0.00000000

And then sent in combination with other amounts to:

https://verge-blockchain.info/tx/f55b13a7fe7e92e5efa973ab107b0a572fe868b72258ea1dd7678ab65283c49d

https://verge-blockchain.info/address/DCPb4rDATrWwWbeopu5jEhhJCoew4HyKUR

So I'm not sure what you're "waiting" for, when the coins were already sent to another address...

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:54:24 PM

Anybody ...I've finally after a week got the Vergecore Warith 4.0 qt-wallet synched

When I try to import the paper wallet (verge) I get the gt-wallet -4 error

Does anybody have any ideas? I'd rather not take another week of synching this!

wallet currently is unencrypted etc ..just trying to clean out a small amount of verge

thanks

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mlrdcoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:13:33 PM

apparently I take everything too seriously. Tell me, is there any news about new cooperation? when to wait for announcements?

giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:03:55 PM

apparently I take everything too seriously. Tell me, is there any news about new cooperation? when to wait for announcements?

if you use the discord app (or the discord weblink)  you can watch the Official news channel/room

Some of us regulars slowly post the news from there to here.  (i stopped, been to busy at work)

but a few others do it.   (we just arent fast)
   we do it out of support, not as from the Team tho.

g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
MiCoSa

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:17:01 PM

Lets hope that there are a lot of people thinking like you... this would mean decreasing of difficulty and more Verge for me 😀
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:33:25 PM

Lets hope that there are a lot of people thinking like you... this would mean decreasing of difficulty and more Verge for me 😀
It is common sense to think that the price of verge will double up as with half of mining the total of today will mean that the supply of more coins to the market will be halved. There are thousands of people who are selling their coins each day when they mine only a few are keeping them for long term. Those people who sell daily are keeping a restriction in the price to increase and if the mining supply will be halved then that flow of the coins to the market will be reduced and keeping the current demand of the coin we can say that the price will double up.
jelma

Activity: 717
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:40:33 PM

verga prices until today can not reach 0.00001btc, I hold verge up to the price 0.00001 I think it's the ideal price
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:23:40 AM

It is common sense to think that the price of verge will double up as with half of mining the total of today will mean that the supply of more coins to the market will be halved. There are thousands of people who are selling their coins each day when they mine only a few are keeping them for long term. Those people who sell daily are keeping a restriction in the price to increase and if the mining supply will be halved then that flow of the coins to the market will be reduced and keeping the current demand of the coin we can say that the price will double up.

The supply isn't being halved, the Block Rewards are. If supply was being halved then for sure the price would rise Tongue I'm just thing it may be possible that the miners that will shutdown,  will also be the ones selling off, but will keep monitoring the market's reaction after tomorrow's halving.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
cryptodunno

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:13:40 AM

The supply isn't being halved, the Block Rewards are. If supply was being halved then for sure the price would rise Tongue I'm just thing it may be possible that the miners that will shutdown,  will also be the ones selling off, but will keep monitoring the market's reaction after tomorrow's halving.
probably GPU mining will stil exist on multialgo miners (i see my nemosminer sometimes switch to xvg), but this is not sure

boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:26:38 AM

It's not really working like this. Would be perfect for all of us that mine XVG, but halving will not mean double in price later.
Even less with a such high max. supply.

Your scenario would eventually to some extend apply IF only the miner coins go to the exchange and nothing else, but that is not the case.
10% are left for mining and about 90% are on the free market. Or in other words, 15 Billion XVG are can be traded all the time and that's going to continue to happen. Whenever there will be a price change someone is selling and buying, and in most cases from someone in the 90% circulating supply and not from the right now fresh mined coins.

Too lazy and tired to make some mathematics at this time. But let's say 1M XVG are mined daily after the halving, that's 0.00666% of the available circulating supply that will or will not go to an exchange.
The halving will have about 0 impact in my opinion, just too much max. and circulating supply to have real impact, not even talking about double price as some mentioned. This will not going to happen for sure.
MiCoSa

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:15:43 AM

It's not really working like this. Would be perfect for all of us that mine XVG, but halving will not mean double in price later.
Even less with a such high max. supply.

Your scenario would eventually to some extend apply IF only the miner coins go to the exchange and nothing else, but that is not the case.
10% are left for mining and about 90% are on the free market. Or in other words, 15 Billion XVG are can be traded all the time and that's going to continue to happen. Whenever there will be a price change someone is selling and buying, and in most cases from someone in the 90% circulating supply and not from the right now fresh mined coins.

Too lazy and tired to make some mathematics at this time. But let's say 1M XVG are mined daily after the halving, that's 0.00666% of the available circulating supply that will or will not go to an exchange.
The halving will have about 0 impact in my opinion, just too much max. and circulating supply to have real impact, not even talking about double price as some mentioned. This will not going to happen for sure.

Although i agree with you in most of your arguments, i read sometimes now, that the higher max supply of verge, compared to bitcoin, has any influence to that. I dont think this is true. Of course the higher max suplly is responsible for a much lower price. But there will be a decreased number of new coins coming to the market. It can influence the price. Of course it will not double the price. But it could happen, that the price increases a bit. If you look at the last bitcoin halving, it took some time after that, but then bitcoin price rised. Att his time, just to keep the price as it is, there must be a demand that is high enough to compensate the new coins that come to the market. So if the demand (and i also mean the demand for the new mined coins) stay as it is, but the number of new mined coins decrease, this could result in an increasing price. We will see, hey it is crypto... Noone knows.

Regarding mining: In the end, there will be a lot of miners, that will switch to other coins. And after a few days, the earnings will distribute through the different coins. So i think the mining earnings will, after a short while, only go down a little bit. Of course it maybe, that the earnings will go down today, immediately after the halving, significantly. But it will go up again after a while. There will be less miners for verge, this means lower dificulty, this means more earnings for the miners that stay. A lot of people anyway do multimining with autoswitch, they will switch to other coins (this means the difficulty for that other coins will rise, and they earn less there...) After a while there will be a new balance again and everything will be fine.
thin

Merit: 108

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:50:27 AM

mining community is very flexible on switching mining power to other coins. Top coins always show similar mining profitability. For sure a new balance will be found, and mining will be about the same profit, but with less total hashrate
payaming

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:12:12 AM

at block 2,124,000 we have reward halving ... may be good news !!!
nick1492

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 09:17:12 AM

OMG I still have not stack that much XVG on my wallet. When halving of mining happens on May 9, it will be very difficult to mine it now. I guess I have to buy them on bittrex.

mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:27:48 AM

Really like all your opinions.

Still mining XVG for now and I am curious what we will be mining these days...
I have the idea that I still mine a lot more then just 50%.
boxalex

Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:31:54 AM

Although i agree with you in most of your arguments, i read sometimes now, that the higher max supply of verge, compared to bitcoin, has any influence to that. I dont think this is true. Of course the higher max suplly is responsible for a much lower price. But there will be a decreased number of new coins coming to the market. It can influence the price. Of course it will not double the price. But it could happen, that the price increases a bit. If you look at the last bitcoin halving, it took some time after that, but then bitcoin price rised. Att his time, just to keep the price as it is, there must be a demand that is high enough to compensate the new coins that come to the market. So if the demand (and i also mean the demand for the new mined coins) stay as it is, but the number of new mined coins decrease, this could result in an increasing price. We will see, hey it is crypto... Noone knows.

Regarding mining: In the end, there will be a lot of miners, that will switch to other coins. And after a few days, the earnings will distribute through the different coins. So i think the mining earnings will, after a short while, only go down a little bit. Of course it maybe, that the earnings will go down today, immediately after the halving, significantly. But it will go up again after a while. There will be less miners for verge, this means lower dificulty, this means more earnings for the miners that stay. A lot of people anyway do multimining with autoswitch, they will switch to other coins (this means the difficulty for that other coins will rise, and they earn less there...) After a while there will be a new balance again and everything will be fine.

The problem in your calculation or scenario is that you think that the big majority of demand is created by mining, but that is not the case. All the demand is/will be covered by the excisting cicrulating suppoly that is allready on exchanges or will go there easyly if needed. This is the main problem with high max. supply coins. It would need a lot that some extra supply is needed.

Just did some reasearch. On average for the last 15 days 1.412 blocks per day are mined, means about 2,259,200 XVG/daily. After halving in theory it would be half of it, 1,100,000. This number will fluctuade a bit forworth and backworth up to how many miners switch and if the remaining will compensate it by less difficulty. In the end it should be the same, meaning around 1,100,000 XVG are generated daily.

As said in my previous post, the change of less daily mineded XVG compared to the excisting XGV circulating supply is about 0,007 daily. Have in mind that again, dailly you get again some new 1.1M XVG and that it did not stop at all.

I will try to make another example:

The last 24 hours the 24h XVG volume was ~$100,400,000 USD, means there are 1,434,285,714 XVG traded the last 24 hours. You now get maybe the idea that these 1M XVG less daily do NOT There is make any change at all at the exchange. There is just enough supply for the demand in circulation allready.

It would be a different story IF a sudden the demand is 2x higher than the available supply. THAN indeed the new mined coins had an impact.

Conclusion, we miners won't feel the halving in price at all, it will be mostly something in the range of 0.0001 USD, at very most.

MiCoSa

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:53:48 AM

The problem in your calculation or scenario is that you think that the big majority of demand is created by mining, but that is not the case. All the demand is/will be covered by the excisting cicrulating suppoly that is allready on exchanges or will go there easyly if needed. This is the main problem with high max. supply coins. It would need a lot that some extra supply is needed.

Just did some reasearch. On average for the last 15 days 1.412 blocks per day are mined, means about 2,259,200 XVG/daily. After halving in theory it would be half of it, 1,100,000. This number will fluctuade a bit forworth and backworth up to how many miners switch and if the remaining will compensate it by less difficulty. In the end it should be the same, meaning around 1,100,000 XVG are generated daily.

As said in my previous post, the change of less daily mineded XVG compared to the excisting XGV circulating supply is about 0,007 daily. Have in mind that again, dailly you get again some new 1.1M XVG and that it did not stop at all.

The last 24 hours the 24h XVG volume was ~$100,400,000 USD, means there are 1,434,285,714 XVG traded the last 24 hours. You now get maybe the idea that these 1M XVG less daily do NOT There is make any change at all at the exchange. There is just enough supply for the demand in circulation allready.

It would be a different story IF a sudden the demand is 2x higher than the available supply. THAN indeed the new mined coins had an impact.

Conclusion, we miners won't feel the halving in price at all, it will be mostly something in the range of 0.0001 USD, at very most.

well it is the same with bitcoin, the new mined coins are about 24 * 6 * 12,5 = 1800BTC a day. there 17.000.000 Bitcoins out there. But last time after the halving and with a bit delay, bitcoin price increased significantly. But of course, it is not for sure, that the reason was the halving. So in the end, it is like said: It is crypto and noone knows. We have to wait and see what will happen. And in the end we will not know for sure what ever will happen, if it is because of the halving or not, because there are so much other things that can change the price...
D3m0nKinGx

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:40:53 PM

well it is the same with bitcoin, the new mined coins are about 24 * 6 * 12,5 = 1800BTC a day. there 17.000.000 Bitcoins out there. But last time after the halving and with a bit delay, bitcoin price increased significantly. But of course, it is not for sure, that the reason was the halving. So in the end, it is like said: It is crypto and noone knows. We have to wait and see what will happen. And in the end we will not know for sure what ever will happen, if it is because of the halving or not, because there are so much other things that can change the price...

With Bitcoin Last year it was more about the FORKS that caused the price rise. Ppl buying in to get the free 1:1 coins.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Pages: « 1 ... 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 [608] 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: