April 16, 2024, 06:01:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 [624] 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843542 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:39:20 PM

The link and "tl;dr" to this was a start but, I think the entire thing should be posted in the forum for all the idiots and FUD slingers that like to hang out here:

"A note from CR

Dear VergeFam,

I have been sitting here for a while – reading through posts, articles, twitter feeds, and social media in general to try and take in all the different views and consider them with an unbiased outlook. As many of you are fully aware, I have been on this project for a long time and it is very hard for me to not just automatically defend my baby when there is criticism. Also, it has been difficult for me to find an appropriate way to discuss these subjects openly, as our community has been infested by a thick cloud of toxicity and hatred, which, frankly, some may be justified while a lot are just attempts by individuals or projects in our space wanting to tear us down for ulterior motives.

I know that a lot of our longtime supporters and community members may feel nervous and ask whether our development team is doing enough. Why do they not respond to FUD? I’ll get to these questions shortly.

Today, The Larry and Joe Show posted a new video – I always enjoy hearing what they have to say as they are probably about as unbiased as you can get. While watching the show, it was very apparent that Larry and Joe weren’t their usual chipper and high spirited selves, but instead their expressions seem somber (or melancholy) which caught my attention - (starting at timestamp: 16:28).

“I will personally say that, I can’t believe that Sunerok or the Team would do something to hurt this coin you know? And or deliberately do something to hurt the coin.”

“From an investor’s standpoint, you know it is scary in a way because you’re taking hard earned money that you earned and saying ok I believe that putting this $5,000.00 right now, it is going to be worth more money in the future and when something like this happens and it’s like a step or two back you know you get nervous and I think anyone who was holding Verge when they heard that news felt the same way. So it’s just natural, But you know like we always say it’s not how hard you get hit it’s how good you come back.”

Hearing the show’s commentary made me reflect on how far we have come from a small rag tag team and community project to where we are now - a substantial and sophisticated, global project. However, I also realized that along the way, I lost touch as I do not know most of you, and a lot of you who came to our project over time might not know me, my ethos, or dedication to our community/project.

But I do know that we are all in this incredibly, volatile space together and trying to either build a project with the prospects of it being adopted on a global scale or investing our hard earned money into something bigger than ourselves with the hopes and aspirations of some semblance of relief, whether it be financial independence, a better tomorrow, or any other worthy ideals.

From the deepest depths of my being I want you to know that Sunerok, Myself and all of our absolutely fantastic support and team members would never intentionally do anything to besmirch or hurt this project. Why? Because Verge Currency is our passion. This project has brought together many different walks of life that all share a love and fondness for what Sunerok started many years ago and we would never want to damage what we worked so hard to create, develop, and improve.

With Verge Currency going through all of these various trials and tribulations – I promise you, we are prepared to continue moving ahead full force.

To start, our team is coming together live for the first time in Amsterdam on June 9th. This is going to give us a chance to meet each other in person and really talk about project direction and how we can accomplish those goals. The Amsterdam meetup is also going to give those who are attending a chance to actually put faces to the names of some of our team members and strengthening our bond. This is going to be a huge step towards solidifying our team for the future.

To give you all some additional good news:

Our development team (yes, there is more than one developer) has been working tirelessly for the past several weeks to rebase our primary code for Verge Currency. This move is going to enable a vast array of opportunities for us and will help solidify our currency against any future attacks. We have decided to incorporate RingCT with this massive codebase revision instead of just releasing RingCT separately as it just makes logical sense. While I am not at liberty to discuss a timeline, I can confidently tell you that there have been massive strides made and the development team is getting closer to completion with every passing day. We are confident that the code changes are very significant and are going to improve Verge Currency and its future partnership potential exponentially.

Now – Let me address our valuable and much appreciated investors:

Our presence (@vergecurrency) on social media has been lack luster. Our community team members have been going above and beyond to spread as much information as they can or share what they have been given. Communication is our biggest enemy on the Verge Currency Team as we have not clearly established a process for systematically relaying information in a timely fashion. Yes, it sounds like an excuse – I get it – but it is the simple truth. In order to keep up with the continuous onslaught of misinformation and FUD that is being spread against Verge Currency we would need to dedicate multiple people to answering questions and reassuring investors. While our team tries to the best of their abilities to do this – It has been fairly overwhelming as of late. Another big reason why you are not seeing active updates on the @VergeCurrency handle is because our account was compromised a few months ago, and after regaining control, we decided best to keep the control of the account under the management of one person to limit the amount of people who had direct control over the account as well as increase security measures to prevent the compromise in the future. As most of you probably noticed – past that date – the post count and engagement from the @Vergecurrency handle dropped significantly. We are aware of this issue and are going to rectify this immediately as we know most, if not all of you, depend on that handle as the ‘source of truth and news’ when it comes to all things Verge Currency.

Without getting too far into the weeds, I would like to re-establish this thought process:

Verge Currency – and many of its competitors and counterparts in this segment – are all entering into a very much unknown space. Like many, if not all of the great companies in the world, we are going to make some mistakes, have growing pains, disagreements and so on. While we are aware of this, we must also be aware that we will try to make the best judgement calls and decisions along the way based on then-available information.

It is very –VERY easy to get wrapped up in negative thoughts and spiral out of control when all you see online are articles and FUD about a particular project. Our space has an uncanny power to attract some of the best and brightest minds as well as some of the most vile and despicable people in the world. I understand that it is extremely hard to “keep faith” in something when all you see is negativity. I understand also that it is hard to resist the urge to say “to hell with this” when communications is slow or lacking.

I get it and I can’t stress to you enough that while we have been going through struggles lately, we are taking in all of the feedback and are plotting a course through the quagmire. We are not going anywhere – Verge Currency and its team are here to stay regardless of what happens. We have invested far too many long years into this project to see it fail.

I want to take a moment to thank each and every one of our loyal and steadfast investors and community members who’ve stuck with us. While it may be difficult to comprehend at this time, there is an extremely bright light we are heading toward on this journey.

With Sincerity,

-CR"

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:12:14 PM

we assume that all xvg's are hacked, max 1,5 billion xvg can be hacked.. max supply is 16,5 billion

1,5/16,5 =%10   price can be %10  dump.    but now price %50 down  whyyyy?
I don’t think simple formula is applicable for the price. Big part of coin value is a trust. And hack obviously does not help building trust

this is a good chance to hold more cheap coins and don't think anything about it . Just need to get long sleep for this coin and you can see the value of this coin at the end of this year .
jenifive

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:31:53 PM

Why XVG used XSH code for their fix patch and didnt mentioned copyrights?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3256693.msg38893408#msg38893408

Furthermore XVG dev claimed its his code and he wrote it by himself lol.

shieldcoin actually cloned our entire source code, before we added tor and stealth ;]

This message was deleted by Verge moderatos so im repeating it.

And XSH not hiding that fact and it was known from the start and all the copyrights have been sustained.

I dont see any comments regarding XSH code that were used for XVG project. In fact XVG dev saying he didnt used any second party code and it was written by him.

Thats the difference here. I wonder what could be the reason here why Verge dev cant admit the fact he was using others people work for project updates. Also im wondering how many times Verge dev was using not his code and didnt gave credits to real authors? Is this how Verge handle things all the time?

Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 04:44:49 PM

shieldcoin actually cloned our entire source code, before we added tor and stealth ;]

And XSH not hiding that fact and it was known from the start and all the copyrights have been sustained.

I dont see any comments regarding XSH code that were used for XVG project. In fact XVG dev saying he didnt used any second party code and it was written by him.

Thats the difference here. I wonder what could be the reason here why Verge dev cant admit the fact he was using others people work for project updates. Also im wondering how many times Verge dev was using not his code and didnt gave credits to real authors? Is this how Verge handle things all the time?

https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/commit/ce9211e0686a4b45245a33a14ec9084a8705e793

https://git.shieldx.sh/SHIELD-team/Core-Projects/SHIELD/commit/266a270e5bef8cf932422ee101aafcff66cb1277

you realize they have used all of our commits right?

we changed the drift time a month before they did, but it was accidentally reverted in the first patch we posted. read the code and learn for yourself. you should learn how the code and github work before regurgitating information you read elsewhere, or it will make you look foolish

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:56:51 PM

You say it was deleted, but its still posted.   Do you know how a forum works?

scroll up to the top of the page, there are multiple pages....

if its not on the current page, go back a page, and scroll thru the posts.

Saying its deleted, when its not... Makes you sound like your just making a random attack with nothing to really say.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
jelma

Activity: 717

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:54:12 PM

hold verge for a long time is very thrilling, buy when the price is 0.000009xx btc and I see the verge price decreased to 0.000005xx btc  Shocked
jenifive

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:07:15 PM

You say it was deleted, but its still posted.   Do you know how a forum works?

scroll up to the top of the page, there are multiple pages....

if its not on the current page, go back a page, and scroll thru the posts.

Saying its deleted, when its not... Makes you sound like your just making a random attack with nothing to really say.

Yes i know how forum works...

Thx for asking...

UPD:This very message was also deleted so im repeating it.

giantkin

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:09:19 PM

ive bought and sold at various numbers myself.

Sold some at 400, 600 900, a bit higher.

bought all the way up to around the 697 mark.

(tho my initial buy i still have hidden away in a wallet)

the buy/sell was just the ...current market trade sorta thing.  

Smiley

33% roughly of my overall holdings is in Verge.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
giantkin

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:10:37 PM

well, i still see it on my screen:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894.msg38906032#msg38906032

so thats kinda wierd

giantkin

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:11:45 PM

Course, maybe your posting the same post over and over?  that might do it.

jenifive

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:16:14 PM

well, i still see it on my screen:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894.msg38906032#msg38906032

so thats kinda wierd

Because i repeated it without noticing anyone that this message was deleted but if right now it keeps happening i wanted people to know that fact. Also check the time of deleted post and the repeated one.

jenifive

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:16:38 PM

Course, maybe your posting the same post over and over?  that might do it.

no

umine.org

Activity: 130
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:20:13 PM

Umine.org official Verge X17 pool.
https://vergecurrency.com/community/xvg-mining-pools/

Code:
-a x17 -o stratum+tcp://s.umine.org:3737 -u WALLET_ADDRESS -p c=XVG

https://umine.org/

Low fee 0.5%.
Payouts are made automatically every 1 hours for all balances above 0.1, or 0.01 on Sunday*.

operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:31:33 PM

hold verge for a long time is very thrilling, buy when the price is 0.000009xx btc and I see the verge price decreased to 0.000005xx btc  Shocked

In the crypto world everything can happen, including the incidence of XVG, the average all altcoin also drops because the effects of bitcoin are so deadly.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:18:56 PM

so thats kinda wierd

Because i repeated it without noticing anyone that this message was deleted but if right now it keeps happening i wanted people to know that fact. Also check the time of deleted post and the repeated one.

People know, they just don't care. Don't waste your time.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
size_m

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:35:58 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 08:48:13 PM by size_m

well, i still see it on my screen:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365894.msg38906032#msg38906032

so thats kinda wierd

ok, your post (maybe even more) got deleted which was not right.

but don't just ignore post #12609 by dogedarkdev who commented to your claim.

i just don't understand why it is so hard for most people to admit they were wrong.
why?
what is actually bad or hard about admitting the own mistakes/errors?
it's a wrong kind of pride to always pretend that you are right and just ignoring the own errors.

in my opinion it even shows mental strength and a strong character if one can admit his own mistakes or errors.
why is this such a difficult thing for so many people?

... wait, i can already guess your answer...
it will probably be something like this:

of course i can admit my own errors/mistakes if so, but on this one i'm really right.

but please let's stay with the facts.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:54:24 PM

In the crypto world everything can happen, including the incidence of XVG, the average all altcoin also drops because the effects of bitcoin are so deadly.
Yes right now the crypto market is dropping because of the price of bitcoin that is why we are also seeing the price of XVG falling but it will not be a permanent fall but with time it will recover as some good events are coming in XVG and which aim for the increase in the marketcap. It will be a new ATH in the price of XVG.

Vov4ik2682

Activity: 1218
Merit: 560

Help in the fight against russia - itarmy.com.ua

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:23:40 PM

I just saw that new version of wallet is available. But why is it loading so slowly?
"Loading block index" on previous version was 15 min. max. Now 15 min it's only 15%  Shocked

Donation for VPS to help IT ARMY of Ukraine in the fight against the russian terrorist state.
LTC: ltc1qj3amr0zkuwq350y88gul5rkgs238sx86rn0h56 BNB: 0xaf7145d738bc43f69a3ff7b7befecd40d8e40037
Telegram UA/EN Twitter Telegram Chat
LivingDeath

Activity: 443

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:54:01 PM

Wallet not syncin? At block 386797 there is connection but it stopped counting down the blocks at this point. Do I need addnodes?
buriks

Activity: 826
Merit: 303

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:58:00 PM

Yes right now the crypto market is dropping because of the price of bitcoin that is why we are also seeing the price of XVG falling but it will not be a permanent fall but with time it will recover as some good events are coming in XVG and which aim for the increase in the marketcap. It will be a new ATH in the price of XVG.

is it now a good price to buy?
I am still confused with the stable price of XVG
Pages: « 1 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 [624] 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: