Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:31:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which takes more transaction fees-paypal or bitcoin?  (Read 3173 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:24:11 PM

Paypal is not only insanely expensive, but offers no decentralization whatsoever, which would justify increased fee. On-chain transactions on Bitcoin are cheap as hell compared to everything else (that's why people complaining about small block size because its "too expensive" are clowns) and when we have LN, there will be 0 competition against Bitcoin because it will be the best way to move money fast and cheap period.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:08:33 PM

First of all, on bitcoin you can decide witch fee you want to pay (or if you want to send without any fee) , on paypal you can't decide this the fees are fixed. And normal fees that most users pay are from 10.000 to 20.000 satoshis is lower than paypal fees.
Kalder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:37:10 AM

First of all, on bitcoin you can decide witch fee you want to pay (or if you want to send without any fee) , on paypal you can't decide this the fees are fixed. And normal fees that most users pay are from 10.000 to 20.000 satoshis is lower than paypal fees.

For the time being, the fee of bitcoin is much lower than the paypal. But if the bitcoin block size does not increase, the fee will be higher.

steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:56:38 AM

Paypal's fee is higher than bitcoin, but almost every site on the web support Paypal and bitcoin as payment system, both of type, shopping sites and earning sites. But, obviously bitcoin has better advantages than paypal.
Yes almost every earning and shopping sites support bitcoin as well as paypal. But it doesn't mean both are equal, Bitcoin transactions charges are better than paypal and becoming more popular every day.
almost every site, I don't think more than 2% of the sites accept it.

I hope bitcoin is going to replace Paypal.
Why should it ? both have their own uses and purposes.

But if the bitcoin block size does not increase, the fee will be higher.
Why would it be ? there is no increase in block size going on right now but the fees could be as low as 0.0001.It depends on the number input's and outputs involved in the transaction and there should be no sudden increase in the fees in any case.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:17:01 AM

Yes there is an option. When paypal is considered it has got the return back policy which is best for the extra price you pay than the bitcoin transaction charge.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:18:37 AM

paypal fees are higher, damn bitcoin is like 5000 satoshi minimum for reasonable speed of 1-2 hours.

Thats like few cents

voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:44:29 AM

Paypal charges nearly 3% for transactions if individual send money to individual.  If you were using eBay to sell/buying an item and had to take Paypal as payment, you also lost 9% of your amount to a final value fee.Paypal charges additional fees if currency conversion needs to take place, which usually happens in international transfers. So use bitcoin if you want to pay less fee, bitcoin fee is much lesser.
Really? PayPal charges currency convertion? I didn't know that...

Anyway btc is much better than PayPal on any aspect that's for sure.
Every payment processor charges 3-4% currency conversion fee as they are also charged for the same. It may be an online payment processor or a bank in that respect and none convert for free.
Bitcoin's conversion fee is even higher as people charge 8% minimum to convert into fiat on LBC and hence both are the same at the end. But in time, when we do not need to convert bitcoin into fiats, bitcoin will have very less to no fees. Smiley
Bloxy

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:45:23 AM

It all depends on who your sending it to, your country of residence and whether you're using the gift option. BTC should be cheaper for large transactions.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:35:09 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 12:36:37 PM by lixer

The transaction fee of PayPal is "0" if we choose "Gift" option while bitcoins also have a "0" transaction fee when we use wallets like Xapo and Coinbase. If this doesn't answer your query and you are talking about converting bitcoin to PayPal cash and vice versa, that depends on whom are you exchanging with and how can they send you PP or bitcoins.

JAyThaRevo

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:20:00 PM

Paypal charges nearly 3% for transactions if individual send money to individual.  If you were using eBay to sell/buying an item and had to take Paypal as payment, you also lost 9% of your amount to a final value fee.Paypal charges additional fees if currency conversion needs to take place, which usually happens in international transfers. So use bitcoin if you want to pay less fee, bitcoin fee is much lesser.
Really? PayPal charges currency convertion? I didn't know that...

Anyway btc is much better than PayPal on any aspect that's for sure.
Every payment processor charges 3-4% currency conversion fee as they are also charged for the same. It may be an online payment processor or a bank in that respect and none convert for free.
Bitcoin's conversion fee is even higher as people charge 8% minimum to convert into fiat on LBC and hence both are the same at the end. But in time, when we do not need to convert bitcoin into fiats, bitcoin will have very less to no fees. Smiley

Yeah bitcoin is expensive if you are converting it to your local currency, but the scenario would change in future when would be able to make direct purchase by using bitcoins.
jod_doj

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:34:44 PM

i think paypal has way more bigger fees than bitcoin, thats why i like bitcoin, they are free to use
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:38:30 PM

i think paypal has way more bigger fees than bitcoin, thats why i like bitcoin, they are free to use
Paypal fee, of course is much higher than Bit coins and using bitcoin is very convenient when we see it is very affordable and mind is blown away when we pay through this.
srinikethan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:42:02 PM

based on uk prices

bitcoin to bitcoin transactions are about 8 pence right now
paypal to paypal transactions are free

bitcoin to bitpay are 1%
paypal to ebay are 3.4%+20p

moving from a bank account to bitcoin usually involves a spread of upto 4%
moving…
jokerrj

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:58:27 PM

When it comes to online remittances bitcoin is the best, but I still have a feeling that Paypal is a better option when it comes to online shopping, both have its advantages  and disadvantages.

Looking for a long term signature campaign. Pm me
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:00:49 PM

Bitcoin has about a 3 us cent flat fee. PayPal to PayPal is free, but in most cases it's more expensive, like to eBay, Amazon, etc.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:02:35 PM

We got PP down to 2%, but it is still higher than most network fees.  When the fees add up is transferring from one wallet to another and then buying a different coin and then transferring back to the other wallet or another third location, all that to make a few coins along the way.  That is when I see the network fees adding up.  We stake a lot of Clams to a few sites and those can be a real pain to make happen.  It can take three different online wallets and a cold storage just to make a few BTC into Clams.  Shapeshift is a great help, but in the end their fees are about the same.  The problem with Clams is they can take forever to get confirmed in one place or another.
OnTheMF

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:52:46 AM

Bitcoin has about a 3 us cent flat fee. PayPal to PayPal is free, but in most cases it's more expensive, like to eBay, Amazon, etc.
Bitcoins  transaction fees is very very less compared to any exchange fees or paypal thats the best part of bitcoins people are loving it.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Kalder

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:08:55 AM

Bitcoins  transaction fees is very very less compared to any exchange fees or paypal thats the best part of bitcoins people are loving it.

It would be better if the Bitcoin is circulating between supplier, retailer and consumer. There is no need to go through the exchanges.

irfanifachri

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 10:42:31 AM

i have little dout in transaction fees of paypal and bitcoin.so if you hade made transaction in both then tell me your idea on it.
Bitcoin are way way better than paypal. That's from a consumer side, if you wanna sending cash to a friend or family in the same country, yeah paypal is the way to go, because its free, but Paypal fees are much higher if you wanna send your money to your friends in another country, and the good news is bitcoin more safety than paypal.  Roll Eyes
elizabethqueen

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:17:02 PM

i have little dout in transaction fees of paypal and bitcoin.so if you hade made transaction in both then tell me your idea on it.
paypal have more and higher transaction fee,everybody knew it,some people post the proof on this forum. and i'm sure,if paypal user know about bitcoin,they will consider to replace their payment method.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: