Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:44:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any status update from BTCFPGA on their ASICs?  (Read 4273 times)
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

I got my refund when I asked for it in a timely manor.
[edit] and this was after the worst shit hit the fan.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
segabtc

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:48:22 PM

Sent a request for refund about a week ago but have not heard back from dave or tom or anyone from btcfpga. Still patiently waiting for an email.
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 05:20:25 PM

I'd love it if the forums at https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php would reopen.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:30:27 PM

I'd love it if the forums at https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php would reopen.

But then they'd be faced with questions they don't want to answer.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 12:43:20 AM

They send me 3 refunds even though I only made 2 orders so maybe I got your refund.  I just sent them email to correct it.

That's awesome man. Very decent of you. 
noncecents (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 12:44:23 AM

I got an email today:

Order ID: xxxx
Date Ordered: 18/10/2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Refunded

To view your order click on the link below:
http://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=xxxx

The comments for your order are:

Hello bASIC customer.  We are sorry to inform you that the project has been cancelled, and your credit card charge has been refunded.  Expect to see funds arrive to your account in 3-5 business days.  Thank you for your support and understanding.

The bASIC Team

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
noncecents (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 12:49:16 AM

Dear Friends, Lovers, and Enemies,
Tom

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1045.0

Yeah that's bullshit.

At least BFL has production photos.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 12:58:45 AM

I got an email today:

Order ID: xxxx
Date Ordered: 18/10/2012

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Refunded

To view your order click on the link below:
http://www.btcfpga.com/index.php?route=account/order/info&order_id=xxxx

The comments for your order are:

Hello bASIC customer.  We are sorry to inform you that the project has been cancelled, and your credit card charge has been refunded.  Expect to see funds arrive to your account in 3-5 business days.  Thank you for your support and understanding.

The bASIC Team

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Thanks for the heads up. That must put your order # around 1380ish? I guess they're not going in order as I've received no such email on order #1345 placed on 12/10/2012. Did you request a refund? If so when? ...if you don't mind? TIA.

noncecents (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:01:38 AM

I didn't request a refund, I processed a dispute through Discover.

I'm guessing what happened is that Discover contacted BTCFPGA and asked them to either prove they sent me a product or provide a refund, which is what they usually do when I file a dispute.

Oddly enough I called Discover and told them I wanted them to know that BTCFPGA had processed a refund and Discover said there was no dispute on the transaction, even though they sent me an email confirmation about the dispute.
creativex

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:15:04 AM

Thanks. I just noted they've also changed my status to refunded and included the same notice. I was going to initiate a chargeback(MC) on Monday if the situation hadn't resolved by then. This is just the payment for a 27to54 upgrade however.

I've received no word on the larger BTC portion of the order. Sad

noncecents (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:18:53 AM

I also have an order with BFL.

I'm a little more confident about them since they sent out a newsletter with photos and progress.

I put in an order with both to see who would deliver first.

Honestly I don't expect to make any money out of this. I'm in it for the adventure.
creativex

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:40:05 AM

Adventure isn't the word I'd use to describe it, but I'm glad you're not taking things too seriously.

puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:38:45 AM

Any positive sightings of Bitcoin refunds? I'm holding on to faith that those of us who have put our trust fully in this new currency by attempting to purchase mining equipment with Bitcoin (thereby completing a theoretical loop) will not be left in the cold.

Undecided
creativex

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:48:19 AM

Still pretty chilly over here. Sad

miner2049

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 03:28:14 AM

Dear Friends, Lovers, and Enemies,

First off. Sorry for the scare. and believe me it was a SCARE - we had to refund over 200k and we were happy to do it because we claimed from day one that we will honor any refund request until we go into production and we meant it. And  As crazy as fuck as it is to say so , we will sill honor it. We took multiple 20k+ refunds left and right without batting and eye lash because we believe in this project and we know we will be releasing our bASIC Bitcoin mining units sooner than everyone else, especially our good friends BFL.

Love us or hate us, I have some good friends who are original Bitcoin "old money" and they gave us the additional funding we need to finish the chip fab / packaging and take this thing into production. (THANK GOD!)

we WILL be shipping bASIC bitcoin mining devices in March 2013 and I am willing to put my own money against anyone who says otherwise.

The Design is done baby. The chips will be state-side as soon as Chinese New Year is over and for those who could not stomach the wait I don't blame you but I'm sorry to say you lost you place in line my friends.

March may seem a long time away as we all have ASIC blue balls right now, but its really not that far away, and I salute and congratulate all of you who have had the testicular fortitude to stick it out with us because you my friends will receive the ultimate reward. Sure Avalon may get some units out before the Chinese new year but that is sure to be a very limited number. On the other hand our assembly house has an unlimited assembly capacity and as soon as the Chinese new year ends we will have 16,000 freshly fabbed and packaged ASIC chips and we will be assembling those PCB's at FULL CAPACITY !We will be shipping ALL CURRENT ORDERS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH AND WE STILL HAVE ROOM FOR MORE ORDERS SO Get IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN! I stake my personal name and word on that. So hold on tight my friends because its going to be a wild ride in the month of March.

Now Let's Get ready to mine some serious coins
your friend always "cablepair"
Tom

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1045.0

It seems that this post was a fake as posted by cablepair.

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1048.0

First I want everyone to know - that all that nonsense that was posted on the Bitcointalk forum last night was not me. In fact I have not been on that forum in quite a while. My forum account was compromised and some people had some fun with it. I can't even get into the account now - so I am assuming that the admins checked the IP address and realized it was not me posting like a madman and locked my account for me. Either that or the intruder changed the password on me. Either way please DO NOT trust or believe anything that has been or is being posted by my Bitcointalk forum account. I plan to email theymos in a few moments to get my account back - I will update you when I once again have control over the account.

Many people have contacted me about buying these 16,000 chips - God I wished I had them, but I am sorry that post was not made by me and I do not have 16,000 chips to sell. I have to pay the second part of the deposit to receive the chips and I am not sure I will even be able to do that - although I am not giving up on the notion. I decided to not accept the loan that was offered to me to keep this company going. With a 90% refund rate there really is no point.

EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER WILL BE REFUNDED. PERIOD.

I have the list of BTC Refunds and should be making those today.
All other CC orders will automatically be refunded today.

I hope you can please accept my deep apologies, I thought I could pull this off but it was just too much of an undertaking for me, I feel ashamed and embarrassed and I am so sorry that I could not come through for you. Everyone will receive their refunds. As a matter of fact I am starting on them now.

This will take a little time, we are talking thousands of refunds. I wish there was just a "refund all" button but unfortunately there is not one and I have to do this manually.

this forum will be locked from this point forward - if I need to tell you anything else I will post again otherwise you will not hear from me - your refund will come automatically and theres no reason for communication.
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 06:50:41 AM

I agree, or bASIC was run by an incompetent alcoholic. Take your pick.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
noncecents (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:02:01 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2013, 01:34:28 AM by noncecents

My refund has posted to my credit card.

I believe the guys running BTCFPGA did their best to bring a product to market, but they didn't make it.

This happens with businesses every day. Not every business that attempts to ship a product actually makes it to market.

I don't think they had any malicious intent.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: