Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:45:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowdfunding for Satoshi to reveal himself  (Read 2745 times)
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1116
Merit: 1016

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 05:16:15 PM

What do you think of the idea?
How much money do you think could be raised?
Are there any technical difficulties?

Inventor of: "Conic-Upward-Jet-Thrust 𝕊ℙ𝔸ℂ𝔼 𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔸𝕋𝕆ℝ" https://archive.is/Ouxdl ¦¦ Monetize pics of in/out cash (with GPS metatag on and timestamp captions) ¦¦ archive.is/OMUJQ ¦¦ Forking LITECOIN: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5362345 ¦¦ Public libraries teaching Bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:25:32 PM

And where would this supposed money go?
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:27:47 PM

Even good intended it would become a bounty.
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:28:18 PM

Down the toilet, of course...

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:29:55 PM

I have the same question.

To Satoshi? I really think we have to come up with a better incentive than money.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:31:07 PM

To Satoshi? I really think we have to come up with a better incentive than money.

I hope it's to Satoshi. I can't wait to reveal myself as him as soon as the funding has reached fuck-off money levels.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 05:33:05 PM

I hope it's to Satoshi. I can't wait to reveal myself as him as soon as the funding has reached fuck-off money levels.

He deserves the "key to Internet" not money!

Who would be the person to give him that?
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 05:53:07 PM

Maybe, we could simply encrypt private keys with Satoshi's PGP Public Key and make them public.
But I think would be cooler having a single heap so that the amount of money raised got really enticing.
Anyway, I think is possible to have it set so that after a certain amount of time the money, if available, is given back.

Inventor of: "Conic-Upward-Jet-Thrust 𝕊ℙ𝔸ℂ𝔼 𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔸𝕋𝕆ℝ" https://archive.is/Ouxdl ¦¦ Monetize pics of in/out cash (with GPS metatag on and timestamp captions) ¦¦ archive.is/OMUJQ ¦¦ Forking LITECOIN: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5362345 ¦¦ Public libraries teaching Bitcoin
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 06:43:57 PM

Blockchain.info and other instant wallet sites could have this functionality: "Public to Satoshi".
It would add that address and its encrypted (with Satoshi's PGP public key) private key to a public list that only Satoshi could make use of.
Actually even clients could have that functionality
I think that would be cool  Cool

rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 06:55:12 PM

Blockchain.info and other instant wallet sites could have this functionality: "Public to Satoshi".
It would add that address and its encrypted (with Satoshi's PGP public key) private key to a public list that only Satoshi could make use of.
Actually even clients could have that functionality
I think that would be cool  Cool

It would be cooler if he actually moves some of the amount. Nice bait.
kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 06:58:27 PM

I'm guessing he has 100,000+ BTC, so he's probably not motivated by money.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:12:13 PM

And how could we tell, that it is indeed the private key to that address that's encrypted with Satoshis PGP?
The creator of such address could just keep the priv.key to himself, PGP-encrypt some junk message and tell us anything we are stupid enough to believe. 

To get rid of your coins you can just as easily send them to me.  Grin
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 07:48:01 PM

ever think if he made a totally anonymous currency...that he's alittle shy? or doesn't want to known? which is kinda kewl cause if i made bitcoin...i'd be strutting like a boss Cheesy

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
remotemass (OP)
Legendary

ASMR El Salvador

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 07:58:25 PM

And how could we tell, that it is indeed the private key to that address that's encrypted with Satoshis PGP?

He would probably sweep it all so everyone participating would get to know and be sure it was him moving the money.

lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 08:06:19 PM

He would probably sweep it all so everyone participating would get to know and be sure it was him moving the money.

Well, the problem is, that you could only tell after all the money is already gone.
The scammer wouldn't even need to hide anymore after Satoshi (IF ever) shows up just to tell us that there is no priv-key encrypted but only a nice "...aaaand it's gone." msg.

Anyway, i don't really see the point in offering Satoshi bitcoins,
maybe he'd be more interested in hookers, or cheese-cake.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 08:13:24 PM

I don't want him to come out. I think going into hiding was the best thing for himself and for Bitcoin. I dislike single points of failure and all people (Satoshi included) are fallible. The 'Satoshi' demi-god we talk about so often of course isn't fallible because he isn't an actual person. Satoshi has become a symbol and I would prefer it to stay that  way for the foreseeable future.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 09:22:41 PM

There's no Satoshi. He's gone.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

Why would you spend time and money trying to collect funds and offering them to a person or persons who chose to remain unknown and move on with their lives?

Why don't you plant a tree, test the next release of the Bitcoin Client, help translate MultiBit, or donate to Bitcoin100? Or donate coins to archive.org?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 11:10:19 PM

I believe that Satoshi staying anonymous is the best thing for Bitcoin and likely best for Satoshi.

Sometimes when someone has a great idea and you cannot beat the idea, it is easier to attack the character of the person who had the idea.

"You use Bitcoin? You do know that the creator is a huge racist/homophobe/anti-semite/pervert/<insert your slander here> don't you?"

MLK - womanizer
Mohammad - pedophile
Ron Paul - racist
Thomas Jefferson - slave owner
etc...

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
paybitcoin

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

1h79nc

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 03:47:31 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2013, 01:52:33 AM by paybitcoin

Satoshi won't reveal himself until our present catches up with him in the future. Think - if you could travel back in time and needed a system to guarantee you were crazy rich when you returned, Bitcoin would be exactly the system you'd end up with! No startup capital required as an initial investment, no reliance on governments that could take a dive, no inflation, or tax issues, or anything! Just mine a few blocks, help the project get started, and get enough people hooked... then return back to the future famous and super wealthy. Hats off, future Satoshi, who is probably reading this post in the archives, it worked. Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: