Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:00:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It has come to my attention that LutPin+their apprentice may be a trust Spammer  (Read 809 times)
sase007 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:42:17 PM

I have recently been given neutral trust rom Lutpin and negative trust from another user (who appears to be some sort of apprentice as he has positive trust from LutPin but has been moved out of Default Trust).

I had no idea that I couldn't make my own judgement to decide what to request when offering a loan. That (by the way) was only worth $5, so if I feed the scammer I haven't really lost anything and I already have his account held in collaterall.

Does anyone else think these people have given me negative trust for an insufficiant reason. (the lender is left to decide what they accept as "valid collaterall" (hence why it is left unexplained intentionally in the lending rules)).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 05:47:43 PM

I have recently been given neutral trust rom Lutpin and negative trust from another user (who appears to be some sort of apprentice as he has positive trust from LutPin but has been moved out of Default Trust).

I had no idea that I couldn't make my own judgement to decide what to request when offering a loan. That (by the way) was only worth $5, so if I feed the scammer I haven't really lost anything and I already have his account held in collaterall.

Does anyone else think these people have given me negative trust for an insufficiant reason. (the lender is left to decide what they accept as "valid collaterall" (hence why it is left unexplained intentionally in the lending rules)).

Same old discussion, you want to make your own decisions, but lutpin may not make their own decisions when leaving the rating? Is it factually wrong? Does it hinder you in any way besides your ego?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sase007 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:34:46 PM

Same old discussion, you want to make your own decisions, but lutpin may not make their own decisions when leaving the rating? Is it factually wrong? Does it hinder you in any way besides your ego?

It does actually. It does have no impact on my ego but it could have an impact on acceptance onto some signature campaigns and trades that I want to do in the future.
Catink

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:44:23 PM

It does actually. It does have no impact on my ego but it could have an impact on acceptance onto some signature campaigns and trades that I want to do in the future.

Pm blazed to remove this user from his trustlist.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:01:51 PM

It has come to my attention that you think you are smarter than anybody else and that is why you reject advice from people who know better than you. It is an unwritten rule that a signed message is mandatory when taking accounts as collateral. they way you act is full of ignorance. because of people like you, scamers will always have a chance to get at least a freaking satoshi out of someone.

Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 08:36:58 PM

whywefight is doing good work on cleaning up the digital goods section. More than I can lay out in the open, but that's the reason I trust him and his feedback.
He's been doing that longer than I do, hence calling him my "apprentice" is kinda funny.
Also, whywefight has not been mooved "out of the DT network", but stands on DT3, shortly outside the default settings, backed by several users, including mexxer-2 and me.

The topic at hand was the possibility of a hacked account. Altcoins4life accepted a hacked account as collateral some time back.
What you have at the end of the day is the account of someone who didn't take your loan in hand, not the account of the scammer/defaulter, who vanished with your $5 satoshis.

I didn't even give you a negative. I gave you a neutral, because I think people should know about this. Your lending practices are below standard, and this might result in some problems down the road.
It's not that we didn't have similar situations in the past and could not speak of experience.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
sase007 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:15:23 PM

whywefight is doing good work on cleaning up the digital goods section. More than I can lay out in the open, but that's the reason I trust him and his feedback.
He's been doing that longer than I do, hence calling him my "apprentice" is kinda funny.
Also, whywefight has not been mooved "out of the DT network", but stands on DT3, shortly outside the default settings, backed by several users, including mexxer-2 and me.

The topic at hand was the possibility of a hacked account. Altcoins4life accepted a hacked account as collateral some time back.
What you have at the end of the day is the account of someone who didn't take your loan in hand, not the account of the scammer/defaulter, who vanished with your $5 satoshis.

I didn't even give you a negative. I gave you a neutral, because I think people should know about this. Your lending practices are below standard, and this might result in some problems down the road.
It's not that we didn't have similar situations in the past and could not speak of experience.

You see Lutpin. If you'd've given me a reason why the account needed a signed message instead of just recommending it. (I mean if you gave me an example), then I would have hapily acepted the idea.

In the end, you only recommended it instead of suggesting why it would be useful.

-tK

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:18:36 PM

You see Lutpin. If you'd've given me a reason why the account needed a signed message instead of just recommending it. (I mean if you gave me an example), then I would have hapily acepted the idea.

In the end, you only recommended it instead of suggesting why it would be useful.

Not really much of an argument; recommending is a synonym to suggesting.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 09:18:42 PM

Actually, if I read back, I did.

That's negligent and could lead to a lot of problems, in case the account has actually been hacked.
I just want to recall the issue Altcoins4life/Murderouskirk had a few weeks ago.
Always ask for a signed message from an old staked address.
You might not have had any problems regarding that, but believe me, the moment you do, you wish your standards would have been higher.
Besides that, answer to my PM, and I think we're good here.

Since OP seems to understand his mistake and promised to ask for signed messages when lending/taking accounts as collateral in the future, I don't see the need to have the comment on his profile anymore, hence I've deleted it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
sase007 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 09:22:09 PM

This matter has now been resolved.

Thanks everyone (seems LutPin is one of the few good people on this forum)!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: