20-30
30-40
40-50
50-60
60-70
70-80
80-90
90-100

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What percentage of people on Earth will own Bitcoin by 2020  (Read 46474 times)
sandrun

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:43:12 PM

if you look at this year .. bitcoin prices continue to rise. it's because bitcoin is getting popular., many people who know the advantages of having bitcoin. so they prefer to invest bitcoin from others. I can not think of bitcoin by 2020 .. it might be that year people have been using bitcoin as a legal means of payment. 40% of the world's countries will legalize bitcoin. because they think bitcoin is beneficial to them. it could happen because if you see today, bitcoin users are getting more and more day.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 02:21:50 PM

I think 60 percent of people own bitcoin by 2020, many people already investing in bitcoin. Because many people use internet and own computer so that people started invest and convince to use bitcoin.

I agree that we might see exponential growth in the user base within next 3 years but still, 60% of world's population is a too much extreme prediction. A person using a computer might not use Bitcoin for some reasons so the number of computer/internet users should not be the main criteria to determine the prediction of Bitcoin's growth. I doubt if we really have 60% of the world's population using the internet.

Yeah i think so too. It needs to be a little bit more conservative because 2020 is just 3 years from now. I don't even think a quarter of the population would have owned btc then. The rate of btc usage is consistently rising but i don't think 3 years is long enough to see everyone owning btc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 03:18:44 PM

I think 60 percent of people own bitcoin by 2020, many people already investing in bitcoin. Because many people use internet and own computer so that people started invest and convince to use bitcoin.

I agree that we might see exponential growth in the user base within next 3 years but still, 60% of world's population is a too much extreme prediction. A person using a computer might not use Bitcoin for some reasons so the number of computer/internet users should not be the main criteria to determine the prediction of Bitcoin's growth. I doubt if we really have 60% of the world's population using the internet.

Yeah i think so too. It needs to be a little bit more conservative because 2020 is just 3 years from now. I don't even think a quarter of the population would have owned btc then. The rate of btc usage is consistently rising but i don't think 3 years is long enough to see everyone owning btc

I agree with that. It isn't that far away and the growth rate of new users isn't that significant too. By 2020, I don't think it will even double what we have now. I think it would be safe to say that it will still not be significant enough to be a force to be reckoned with that would force all governments around the world to do something about it.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 04:56:12 PM

I agree with that. It isn't that far away and the growth rate of new users isn't that significant too. By 2020, I don't think it will even double what we have now. I think it would be safe to say that it will still not be significant enough to be a force to be reckoned with that would force all governments around the world to do something about it.

100% growth in the user base is not a difficult growth rate to achieve when there is a time of 3 years but we need to put concentrated efforts in a positive direction on the community as well as on the individual level. Currently, we don't have any negative atmosphere about Bitcoin in the world (ignore those scam companies which are using Bitcoin to execute their scam as it has nothing to do with Bitcoin). In fact, media attention and expert's views are building good perception about Bitcoin so if we can somehow reach to the mass digital fiat users then we will easily cross 100% growth in next 3 years.
zauce

Activity: 329
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:13:23 PM

Given, that only rougly 50% of the world population got access to internet (2017), I don't think more than 10-20% will hold Bitcoin in 2020.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:26:24 PM

I voted for 2-5% of people on earth will own bitcoin by 2020, As we all know, actually that bitcoin are start to be more popular mostly this year, because of the high augmentation of bitcoin price , from around 1100$ to ~4950$ which it's a very big increase of price, it never happend in the past.
So, by 2020, i think all the world will have access to the internet, and the technolgy will be more powerfull, so also bitcoin too. I think many people will enroll this community, so my prediction is what i voted.

zauce

Activity: 329

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:59:49 PM

I voted for 2-5% of people on earth will own bitcoin by 2020, As we all know, actually that bitcoin are start to be more popular mostly this year, because of the high augmentation of bitcoin price , from around 1100$ to ~4950$ which it's a very big increase of price, it never happend in the past.
So, by 2020, i think all the world will have access to the internet, and the technolgy will be more powerfull, so also bitcoin too. I think many people will enroll this community, so my prediction is what i voted.

Not even everyone in central europe got full internet acess by now, so I can't believe by 2020 - which is just 2 1/2 years from now - the complete world population will have internet acess, and that's probably one of the biggest "problems", when talking about owning bitcoins or not. But that's just my ten cents  Tongue
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:04:16 PM

I think that less than 5% of the people on earth will own bitcoin. As you can see, there are still many places which do not have a good condition to learn and obtain more knowledge about bitcoin. Furthermore, they do not own good technology to adapt the cryptocurrency

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:15:13 PM

I have the same opinion regarding the number of people knowing about bitcoins in the coming years. Bitcoins have attracted investors this year tremendously because of massive increase in their values. Bitcoins are never ever going to lose their values from now onwards which will ultimately result in the bright future of bitcoiners.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:37:06 PM

Surely this is a hope for all users will the development of bitcoin that continues to increase in the future so that it brings a good impact to the economic changes of its users spread across the country.
Indeed, with the growing number of new investors involved in investing in bitcoin certainly brings a positive signal for bitcoin advancement.
Succurs

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:51:19 AM

Not sure but I feel that it is likely to be a minimal proportion because not everyone in the world tends to make use of Bitcoin.They need to have to entice much more people if they want to turn out to be some thing even bigger in the long term.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 06:28:28 AM

Not sure but I feel that it is likely to be a minimal proportion because not everyone in the world tends to make use of Bitcoin.They need to have to entice much more people if they want to turn out to be some thing even bigger in the long term.
You may be right but I think otherwise. I believe there will be a huge traffic of the ones who will be using Bitcoin by 2022. The way Bitcoin is getting popular amongst the people and is giving them a lot of profits, I think the number of investors will increase tremendously by that time. I am very much positive regarding this.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:33:57 PM

I believe 10-20% of the entire population will be holding at least a small part of bitcoin by the year 2020, because irrespective of the nations it has been getting spread all around. Specifically several incidents have made path for the wide spreading and knowing about the bitcoin recently. One such is the ransomware attack and demand bitcoin as ransom.
I think you have a  point on this matter, I don't know if the total population in the world now was in 1 or more trillions of population.
It maybe bitcoin has been spread out the whole world gobally..But base on what I read only 10% majority of the country are not
familiar with bitcoin.
Pressessidow

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:51:48 PM

Not confident but I feel that it is likely to be a low proportion due to the fact not everybody in the planet makes use of Bitcoin.They need to draw in a lot more individuals if they want to turn into some thing even bigger in the foreseeable future.
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:48:59 AM

You may be right but I think otherwise. I believe there will be a huge traffic of the ones who will be using Bitcoin by 2022. The way Bitcoin is getting popular amongst the people and is giving them a lot of profits, I think the number of investors will increase tremendously by that time. I am very much positive regarding this.
There is absolutely no doubt in this thing that the percentage of people who will be having Bitcoin by the end of 2022 will be more, but even then I don’t think so that there will be a tremendous increase in this population as you said. It is only a portion of people who are investing in it and they know about Bitcoin.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:41:43 PM

There is absolutely no doubt in this thing that the percentage of people who will be having Bitcoin by the end of 2022 will be more, but even then I don’t think so that there will be a tremendous increase in this population as you said. It is only a portion of people who are investing in it and they know about Bitcoin.
We won't have a definite answer for that or even a close guess because even until now we don't have the proper data to based it on. All I can say is that definitely it will be bigger compared to what we have now, because sharing it to everyone is easy and it will be easier  from day to day as the awareness of the existence of Bitcoin is getting bigger. Also other factors affect it as well as even politics can affect the future of Bitcoin.
kyori

Activity: 335

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:56:34 PM

I think it could grow up to 20%, not all people have gadgets yet not all places in this world has internet and only a few people are interested in bitcoin.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:21:51 PM

It is quite difficult to make a prediction. But my guess is that by 2020, there will be around 100 million users for Bitcoin. Right now, the world population is around 7.3 billion, which means that around 1.5% of the world population will be using BTC by 2020.
Noilee

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:03:13 PM

I think its 50 percent increasing of people will own on 2020, because bitcoin is continue to spread in all over the country and the popularity will convince to the people invest in bitcoin. I believe that bitcoin is become more popular because the price of bitcoin is continue to increase and more people convince to invest and earn in bitcoin by 2020. We will do continue to spread our knowledge and some ideas to other people so that in 2020 almost people already own bitcoin.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:11:16 PM

I think its 50 percent increasing of people will own on 2020, because bitcoin is continue to spread in all over the country and the popularity will convince to the people invest in bitcoin. I believe that bitcoin is become more popular because the price of bitcoin is continue to increase and more people convince to invest and earn in bitcoin by 2020. We will do continue to spread our knowledge and some ideas to other people so that in 2020 almost people already own bitcoin.
As the user stated the popularity of bitcoin and other digital currencies were high than the past days. The same will make the bitcoin reach majority of the people in a short time period. Based on this, surely a 50% increase from the current number of bitcoin holders will take place before 2020.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: