Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:46:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Believe in the Digital Afterlife?  (Read 129 times)
IndigoRed (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:11:06 AM
Merited by Vod (1)

Are you a fan of Westworld? Then you’ve already wondered if life in the virtual space is equal to the life in the real world. It even makes you question what it means to be alive. This article I stumbled upon, talks about the show and humanity’s ongoing project to use science and technology to live forever. Then they propose, “what about shedding our bodies in their entirety and living out eternity in The Valley Beyond?” (referring to the virtual paradise used in the TV series)
What do you think? Are you willing to be “digitized” in order to cheat death?

Source:
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/science-behind-the-fiction-could-westworlds-digital-afterlife-make-you-immortal
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BennieMartin

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:05:03 AM

yes i totally believe in after life but it is digital or not i don't know.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:50:36 AM

What do you think? Are you willing to be “digitized” in order to cheat death?

I think it depends on how the process is going to go? Do I have to sacrifice my own life in order to be digitize and "cheat death"? Why try to achieve immortality digitally instead of here in the real world? I do enjoy Westworld but I am not sure if I want to be put into the simulation if it means my physical body dying in the process. Perhaps if there is a way that both can coexist, then I would be 100% okay with this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: