Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Classic "solo mining pool" *BETA*-beta period is over  (Read 3100 times)
WBF1 (OP)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:54:17 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 07:43:40 AM by WBF1

POOL IS NOW OUT OF BETA. PLEASE CHECK https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1392418

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joaogti36

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:07:16 AM

trying it Smiley
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:10:46 AM

Cool. Just keep in mind this is beta quality at best. Payouts if a block is hit will be extremely manual... as in I'll search through the logs by hand to verify then manually process the payment.
notabeliever

Activity: 722
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:16:37 AM

What is a valid address?
1. using old bitcoin 11.2 wallet address?
2. using a brand new address created with the new classic wallet?
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:25:00 AM

What is a valid address?
1. using old bitcoin 11.2 wallet address?
2. using a brand new address created with the new classic wallet?

There is no difference. Bitcoin Classic does not create a new form of wallet addresses.
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:48:41 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 02:50:39 AM by WBF1

I have to restart for some changes/upgrades. Standby...

Restart done @ 9:45 PM EST: doubled RAM and tweaked some settings.
ailikun

Activity: 406
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:07:36 AM

My only question is "why?"
Why should anybody use your pool instead of ck?
Why should anybody believe you 25btc if your pool find a block?
Why do you not know anything about orphans?
and etc.

Komuto Herovato is definitely the chief engineer of bfl)
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:11:51 AM

so basically, we can just enter our current bitcoin address, and in case we hit a block, export the private key and import it in bitcoin classic?
Sounds cool... I'm going to fire up my sidehack stick when i get home this evening Smiley

and etc.

Is the ck solo mining pool also mining for the classic chain?
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

so basically, we can just enter our current bitcoin address, and in case we hit a block, export the private key and import it in bitcoin classic?
Sounds cool... I'm going to fire up my sidehack stick when i get home this evening Smiley

and etc.

Lol, no, I doubt CK's pool will support Classic.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:46:26 PM

and etc.

Why? Because there wasn't already a "solo pool" running on Bitcoin Classic. Also because by the nature of my mining setup I needed to put an instance of ckpool up, so I figured I would open it up to whoever else wanted to use it.

Why instead of -ck's pool? If you want to support the Bitcoin Classic hardfork effort with your hashrate.

Why should anyone believe me 25btc? I guess you mean why should anyone believe I will actually pay out? I suppose I can't prove that I will until we actually hit a block. I consider myself trustworthy and have done business with a number of forum members here over the past year or two with not a hint of untruthful actions or words. Other than that you just have to take my word.

Why do I not know anything about orphans? I do actually know things about orphans. I'm using -ck's own open source pool software in a minimal setup on modest hardware. The only added risk of orphans over -ck's pool is that he probably runs on better hardware and may have direct connections to other fast nodes or the relay network. I'm considering connecting to the relay network, but it appears it is no longer maintained.
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:51:03 PM

That might work. I'm honestly not 100% sure how it all works when the hardfork happens. Pre-hardfork coins will still be valid on both chains I think. I don't think wallets need to change unless the wallet you're using is bitcoind or bitcoin-qt. Even then, it might still be OK. All that matters is if your transactions end up in a block on the new chain and not the old. I believe If all goes as planned, all miners and pools will switch and it won't be an issue.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:53:27 PM

Shouldn't this thread be in "Altcoins"?
 Tongue

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:54:46 PM

and etc.

Lol, no, I doubt CK's pool will support Classic.

He said he will switch if the hardfork happens.

Note that if the hardfork happens and is permanent, it is in a miners or pools best interest to switch. There is a 28 day grace period for people to switch. If the initial fork is with around 75% of hashing power as planned, then mining on the old chain will become a waste of hash power AND blocks will be found very slowly on that chain, making propagation of blocks on the new chain even more prevalent.
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:58:36 PM

Tongue

Can't tell if making a joke.

Some make that argument, but Bitcoin Classic is not an altcoin. Classic Nodes still act exactly the same as Core nodes (or btcd nodes or any other bitcoin node) until 75% of the last 1000 blocks are mined by Classic nodes. At that point a 28 day timer starts. If that 75% level is maintained for that 28 days then on day 29 the Classic nodes can start processing, mining, and relaying blocks larger than 1 MB.
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:02:46 PM

Edit: please see OP for info about using worker names in addition to your username. It works the same way as ckpool.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:04:02 PM

Tongue

Some make that argument, but Bitcoin Classic is not an altcoin. Classic Nodes still act exactly the same as Core nodes (or btcd nodes or any other bitcoin node) until 75% of the last 1000 blocks are mined by Classic nodes. At that point a 28 day timer starts. If that 75% level is maintained for that 28 days then on day 29 the Classic nodes can start processing, mining, and relaying blocks larger than 1 MB.

It was a mild bit of mischief I admit

Bitcoin Classic is not an altcoin

Some people, not a million miles away from being the owner of this forum, may disagree.
Thanks for the info re timer, didn't know that.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:07:38 PM

Bitcoin Classic is not an altcoin

Some people, not a million miles away from being the owner of this forum, may disagree.
Thanks for the info re timer, didn't know that.

Yeah. I know. The funny thing is, if he really believes that stance, then technically it isn't true until a hardfork happens. Up until then all the classic nodes are running on and helping strengthen the one true Scotsman's bitcoin network.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:01:23 PM

Tongue

Its not exactly untrue. Its still a fork, which will continue with the existing btc blockchain. Which still means its a different coin, which means its an altcoin. However if 75%+ decide that its the new way to go, then the fork will just become a part of Bitcoin's history as a whole.

However i think the topic is a bit moot, because it won't happen. China has much more than 25% of the hashrate. Ergo this won't happen. (They dont want it)

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
WBF1 (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:25:06 AM

Tongue

Its not exactly untrue. Its still a fork, which will continue with the existing btc blockchain. Which still means its a different coin, which means its an altcoin. However if 75%+ decide that its the new way to go, then the fork will just become a part of Bitcoin's history as a whole.

However i think the topic is a bit moot, because it won't happen. China has much more than 25% of the hashrate. Ergo this won't happen. (They dont want it)

I wouldn't be so sure. I guess only time will tell. Antpool has been testing classic on one of their nodes. They actually solved a few classic blocks last I checked.

Last time I read anything on the subject, it sounded like China actually wants 2mb but prefers it to come from core. I think there's some meeting planned between core and the miners that classic was specifically not invited to. There was some thought among some people that the miners would use classic as a bargaining chip to get core to promise a block size limit increase hardfork by a certain time or else they'd just mine on classic, basically getting what they want (block size limit increase) one way or the other.

These things change every few days though so who knows.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:42:22 PM

is it worth to try it out with 0.6TH power ? I never mined solo before. How little is chance to find a block with this mining power ? once in a 10 year or maybe 100 ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: