Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy shit Bible says, crazy shit Christians say  (Read 31180 times)
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:24:55 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 08:37:33 PM by Moloch

Note: this is only the tip of the iceberg... you also cannot eat meat and dairy in the same meal, etc... it's kinda spread throughout different books of the bible... God wasn't very organized when he wrote all those books...

Why did God need to repeat this law 3 times?  Wouldn't a perfect God write it perfectly the first time?

perhaps you could show us the verses that say we can't eat meat and milk together.

Once again, the meaning was lost in translation from Hebrew to English...

If the bible is perfect, why are there thousands of different denominations who interpret the words differently?

The real question is why would a perfect God need to repeat his command 3 times (using the exact same words)?

Speaking of redundancy in the bible... why is the creation story duplicated?  In Genesis 1, God created man and women together, both from the dust of the Earth... but in Genesis 2, he created man first, then he created woman out of man's rib... why the minor change in storyline?

Why do Catholics believe in a different set of 10 commandments than protestant Christians?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:40:18 PM

You didn't read it either, by your own admission.

So why should anyone listen to your opinion about it?

You don't know what you're talking about.

There is plenty of information available to you, showing that everything in the Bible is true and correct.

If you choose to reject that information, I can't force you to tell the truth about it.
[/quote]

People are encouraged to read the Bible for themselves.  I provided shortcuts to the crazier parts.

If you can read critically, you'll find this book repulsive, unless you are already a psychopath, in that case this book might be a good manual for you.

Problem is most Christians don't read the Bible. Or read the passages they like, passages that help them and ignore the rest.
By doing that they are ignoring God (which is probably correct anyway as I don't believe he exists).

My point is, this book is not a word of God, but it is a collective work of some sick, bronze age psychopaths that wrote rules to control their society as it emerged from stone age.

[/quote]

I agree completely. To be honest I have to go one step further. Bringing up children in bible belief is child abuse.
Denying a child knowledge because of your personal superstition if a crime.
Read the bible. Its the fastest way to Atheism. You find out what the book really says, and it's not pretty.
I read the bible after one of my friends was "born again" and he wanted to convert me. I read it, puked, and got him on the right track again.
The book is disgusting if you read it and not just take quotes from your pastor as "the truth".
Read the damn book before you make up your mind about if it is true or not
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 08:49:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkl_PefewXc

The list is endless. 

youtube really fuck them up. 

vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:53:56 PM

These will give you the facts you are looking for. Lots of facts. You can check out the following websites too.
www.answersingenesis.org
www.rationalchristianity.com
www.creation.com
www.carm.org
www.tektonics.com
www.everystudent.com
www.reasonablefaith.com

af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 08:59:26 PM

These will give you the facts you are looking for. Lots of facts. You can check out the following websites too.
www.answersingenesis.org
www.rationalchristianity.com
www.creation.com
www.carm.org
www.tektonics.com
www.everystudent.com
www.reasonablefaith.com

ROFL.  You are killing me...That is funny....

doing the God's works....I guess.  The last one is the funniest: reasonable faith, is this a title for some Orwellian book.
Rational Christianity is another one.  ROFL. Roll Eyes

buy domains
rationalchristianity.com
is for sale!
Need a price instantly? Just give us a call.
844-896-7300
Toll Free in the U.S.
781-373-6893
Worldwide
We can give you the price over the phone, help you with the purchase process, and answer any questions.

Innovative design, exceptional fabrication

Tektonics Design Group is a full-service design and manufacturing firm offering industrial design, product development, machining, fabrication, and laser marking.

Dorrittulx

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:04:36 PM

You are simply twisting the words to try and make it look bad. A fools/losers strategy to take down the opponent.
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 09:08:00 PM

You are simply twisting the words to try and make it look bad. A fools/losers strategy to take down the opponent.

Huh,  I don't twist anything.  It is what it is.  Read the book.

I'd not even know how to twist these words.

They are so twisted I could not do a better job.

Moloch

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:27:49 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 10:29:29 PM by Moloch
Merited by Foxpup (6)

Huh,  I don't twist anything.  It is what it is.  Read the book.

I'd not even know how to twist these words.

They are so twisted I could not do a better job.

I second that... no need to twist the words of the bible since they were written twisted...

As for myself, I was indoctrinated as a child...

I went to church every Wednesday, and twice on Sunday (morning and evening) from the time I was born until I was 16

I considered myself a Christian until I was 12 and started reading the book for myself (oddly enough, I was forced to read it daily when I started going to a Christian school in the 7-9th grade)

After reading the bible, I could no longer believe it.  There were too many false statements, contradictions, poor morals, etc...

[bible summary]
I mean, it started out alright... there was a nice story about creation, then a bunch of animals on a boat (where God murders 99.9999999% of the planet)...

I felt bad for the Israelites because they were slaves... but when Moses asked Pharaoh to, "let my people go"... Pharaoh was ready to do exactly that, except God intervened... "God hardened Pharaoh's heart", so he could plague him 10 times... eventually murdering the first born son of every Egyptian citizen, slave, and even the animals!

Then those poor Israelites got lost in the desert for 40 years... another sad situation... Until God provides "the land of milk and honey", where there were a bunch of farmers who had cows and beehives... Those poor farmers didn't know anything about war, so it was a massacre... the Israelites murdered them to the man

A few chapters later there is a single sentence where God commands the Israelites to destroy 60 cities!  Genocide of 60 cities commanded by God... what the fuck is this?!?
[/bible summary]

This left me in a strange situation... it took me 4 years to convince my parents they didn't need to drag me to church any longer because I didn't believe that stuff...

I also didn't know what to call myself, so if anyone asked, I answered that I was a Christian for several more years... Even when I joined the military, I put down that I was of Christian religion... 6 years after I stopped believing it... religion really gets a good grip when indoctrinated as a child

This is why I feel sad for someone like BADecker who was clearly indoctrinated as well... I see indoctrination as equivalent to your parents infecting you with a disease, like HIV, only a mental disorder... Intentionality!

*drops mic*
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 10:20:02 PM

I didn't click on the links, so this may have been answered, but doesn't the Bible say that we shouldn't eat shellfish?

Land animals:
Quote from: Leviticus 11:1-8
1 And the Lord spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.
4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Note: Hares are rabbits, which do not chew their cud like a cow or camel... God got this animal 100% wrong (also note, a coney is a hare/rabbit... God is redundant with his mistakes)

Sea animals:
Quote from: Leviticus 11:9-12
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Birds:
Quote from: Leviticus 11:13-23
13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
15 Every raven after his kind;
16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,
19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

Note: this is only the tip of the iceberg... you also cannot eat meat and dairy in the same meal, etc... it's kinda spread throughout different books of the bible... God wasn't very organized when he wrote all those books...
The Talmudic rabbis believed that the biblical text only forbade eating a mixture of milk and meat, but because the biblical regulation is triplicated they imposed three distinct regulations to represent it:

not cooking meat and milk together (regardless of whether the result was eaten)
    not eating milk and meat together (regardless of whether it was cooked together)
    not benefiting from the mixture in any other way
Why did God need to repeat this law 3 times?  Wouldn't a perfect God write it perfectly the first time?

I guess I must be an abomination.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 10:25:31 PM

You didn't read it either, by your own admission.

So why should anyone listen to your opinion about it?

You don't know what you're talking about.

There is plenty of information available to you, showing that everything in the Bible is true and correct.

If you choose to reject that information, I can't force you to tell the truth about it.

People are encouraged to read the Bible for themselves.  I provided shortcuts to the crazier parts.

If you can read critically, you'll find this book repulsive, unless you are already a psychopath, in that case this book might be a good manual for you.

Problem is most Christians don't read the Bible. Or read the passages they like, passages that help them and ignore the rest.
By doing that they are ignoring God (which is probably correct anyway as I don't believe he exists).

My point is, this book is not a word of God, but it is a collective work of some sick, bronze age psychopaths that wrote rules to control their society as it emerged from stone age.

[/quote]

I agree completely. To be honest I have to go one step further. Bringing up children in bible belief is child abuse.
Denying a child knowledge because of your personal superstition if a crime.
Read the bible. Its the fastest way to Atheism. You find out what the book really says, and it's not pretty.
I read the bible after one of my friends was "born again" and he wanted to convert me. I read it, puked, and got him on the right track again.
The book is disgusting if you read it and not just take quotes from your pastor as "the truth".
Read the damn book before you make up your mind about if it is true or not
[/quote]

BOTTOM QUOTE BEST ONE..May you live long and prosper..Stay real..
You know right from wrong because your emotions tell you this not books
iwasneverhere

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 10:27:29 PM

I think any religious texts is going to have discrepancies with modern times and modern morals. 500 yrs ago slavery was the norm and now its not only illegal but obviously morally wrong. Just saying, can not judge just because.
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 10:58:36 PM

I think any religious texts is going to have discrepancies with modern times and modern morals. 500 yrs ago slavery was the norm and now its not only illegal but obviously morally wrong. Just saying, can not judge just because.

That should tell you enough to treat these books with a grain of salt.

Anyone who believes everything in the Bible is true and is word of God is either ignorant or dishonest.

We should judge this book by what it preaches.  If you want to treat it as a historical, literary bronze age artifact, that is fine.  I'd actually agree.

Just don't tell me, it is a word of God , that the universe was created in 6 days, or that bible has any moral values that we should live by in the 21st century.

It took me (and others) years to erase the damage this cult has done.

Religion is a dangerous cult and should be treated as such.  But I'm digressing. This thread suppose to be about crazy shit the Bible says...

runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:05:32 PM

I didn't click on the links, so this may have been answered, but doesn't the Bible say that we shouldn't eat shellfish?

Land animals:
2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.
4 Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Note: Hares are rabbits, which do not chew their cud like a cow or camel... God got this animal 100% wrong (also note, a coney is a hare/rabbit... God is redundant with his mistakes)

Sea animals:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Birds:
13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

The Talmudic rabbis believed that the biblical text only forbade eating a mixture of milk and meat, but because the biblical regulation is triplicated they imposed three distinct regulations to represent it:

not eating milk and meat together (regardless of whether it was cooked together)

Not according to that, unless you're an Israelite who lives underwater and you eat your own flesh.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Moloch

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:10:34 PM

Land animals:

Sea animals:

Birds:

Not according to that, unless you're an Israelite who lives underwater and you eat your own flesh.

You could almost change this topic to, "Crazy shit that Christians think the bible says"
af_newbie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 11:51:30 PM

After I saw responses from the Christians on this forum, I have changed the title of this thread.

mrflibblehat

Activity: 350

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:58:39 AM

So I've finally reached the end with the reading. And I'll say one thing: what the hell...

This is to for all the religious people: believe what you want, that's ok, but don't try to impose your craziness on others. You know how gay people are told that they can do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home? Do the same. Stop forcing people believe what you believe. We have the internet, we have libraries - we'll read, inform ourselves and decide for ourselves.

Thank you very much!

Best regards
(yeah, ok, that last one was a joke)

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:40:15 AM

Well it's a good extract! I shall just take it out next time someone says "but it's so stupid to see Muslims not eating porks, at least there is nothing like this in the Bible it would be dumb" ^^

Newsflash: Not many Christians have actually read the bible... they have no clue what it says

The quickest path to becoming an Atheist is reading the bible... I doubt many Christians would get past Deuteronomy before becoming an Atheist
I'm neither Christians nor Atheist but I tried to read the Bible. I never past the page 15. It's probably the worst book ever! A style that could kill you of boredom and absolutely 0 sense or substance!

Not to get technical, but if you don't believe in a god... that's the definition of Atheist

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist. Atheism is contrasted with theism, which, in its most general form, is the belief that at least one deity exists

Hmm... Well I consider myself as an agnostic. Atheism is to refuse the existence of God. I don't refuse the possibility, but I have no faith either. You're an Atheist if you believe there is no God, not if you don't believe there is a God ^^
Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:46:27 AM

Why do Catholics believe in a different set of 10 commandments than protestant Christians?

Why ? Because Catholics, like the Orthodoxes, are true Christian, while the Prostants are just morron that tolerate what should not and are a bit retarded.

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:03:11 AM

So I've finally reached the end with the reading. And I'll say one thing: what the hell...

This is to for all the religious people: believe what you want, that's ok, but don't try to impose your craziness on others. You know how gay people are told that they can do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home? Do the same. Stop forcing people believe what you believe. We have the internet, we have libraries - we'll read, inform ourselves and decide for ourselves.

Thank you very much!

Best regards
(yeah, ok, that last one was a joke)

Not much to read to decide... Just read the first 20 pages of the Bible then see the Truth: They're dumb as hell ^^
clangtrump

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:11:48 AM

That would explain it. This kinds of being existed throughtout history
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: