Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 12:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is in trouble  (Read 4540 times)
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:20:59 PM

Paying a ransom is just tolerating funding the business of hacking for future victims and perhaps another attack on same company. But i guess they have to pay since its the medical records that are at stake.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:22:24 PM

ransoms were being paid long before bitcoin was created with cash, cash was not in trouble so bitcoin will not be in any trouble either.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
cointinflas

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:24:39 PM

The real issue with this is the hospital itself funding the hacker. This way, more hackers get encourage of doing the same (with the expectation of getting what they want). Wrong move IMO and they should have tried to find the hacker instead but now his gone but there's no assurance that he won't do it again in some time soon...  Embarrassed
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:30:27 PM

The real issue with this is the hospital itself funding the hacker. This way, more hackers get encourage of doing the same (with the expectation of getting what they want). Wrong move IMO and they should have tried to find the hacker instead but now his gone but there's no assurance that he won't do it again in some time soon...  Embarrassed
I agree with you man. As long as people pay a ransom then game logic shows that it will happen again. This is why the U.S. faces far less kidnapping than other nations. We do not pay, and in some cases it is illegal to pay a ransom. For example if DAESH used crypto-locker you could not pay them.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
xl35

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 05:07:15 PM

fake
OK
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:12:47 PM

Is this reliable info or just trololo?
I just don't understand why did they attack hospital this is very unethical and bad!
Maybe the hospital’s CEO, Allen Stefanek is involved somehow?
Hackers don't attack hospitals more likely corporations.. Huh
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:28:02 PM

Is this reliable info or just trololo?
I just don't understand why did they attack hospital this is very unethical and bad!
Maybe the hospital’s CEO, Allen Stefanek is involved somehow?
Hackers don't attack hospitals more likely corporations.. Huh

I would not dignify these people as "hackers". Maybe it's because I remember a time when hackers were heroes not vandals and thieves. We should not be at all surprised to see this. it's completely logical to ransom data and does not require some grand conspiracy. There may be millions of people who would do this for $17,000.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:43:39 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 06:05:20 PM by chek2fire

yeah is to so much "trouble" that bitcoin has 420 more value that dollar.. Tongue

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:03:25 PM

this is an inevitable usage for bitcoin, just because it can be anonymous but i don't see why bitcoin is in trouble because of this. it is not the first time.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:07:56 PM

Few very bad persons were performed this,
 if this is not inside job maybe?
What do you people think?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:37:20 PM

yeah is to so much "trouble" that bitcoin has 420 more value that dollar.. Tongue

well there are not trillions of bitcoin in existence, i'm sure with that supply the value would be far worse than a dollar or euro, right now

this mean that bitcoin is massively undervalued
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:50:58 PM

I am not ready to believe this kind of news. No one can get bitcoin into trouble without any doubt. Paying 17.000$ to
hackers is good joke in my view....

PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:56:51 PM

It's not in any trouble. I believe we are onto a good upcoming year if I do say so myself. Don't get discouraged.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:30:24 PM

I agree with you man. As long as people pay a ransom then game logic shows that it will happen again. This is why the U.S. faces far less kidnapping than other nations. We do not pay, and in some cases it is illegal to pay a ransom. For example if DAESH used crypto-locker you could not pay them.
Sometimes people are forced to pay ransom and it depends on how crucial the information was for the hospital. I know that paying a ransom is equally wrong and they could have taken the help of the police instead of fulfilling the hackers demands. In all this, a cryto currency is blamed for no reason.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:47:30 PM

It's not Bitcoin's fault people use it for malicious reasons but the inherent features of it make it possible to be used successfully in scams and extortions. It's not in danger if the gov wants to regulate it I think.

Arkyo

Activity: 134

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:48:49 PM

no they will not xDD bitcoin is safe and always best!!

In Crypto We Trust
matrix zion

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:50:14 PM

It's not Bitcoin's fault people use it for malicious reasons but the inherent features of it make it possible to be used successfully in scams and extortions. It's not in danger if the gov wants to regulate it I think.

Ah! Problem is part of btc interest IS not being controled :/
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:24:15 PM

Bitcoin is not in trouble!
Last week a few guys robbed a bank and left with a car.During the lam they killed a young man who was hit by that car.
Get cars banned? These guys used one it for robbery and killed a person with it!!
CreativeCarol

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:28:17 PM

Not by a long shot. At the moment we have been progressing pretty well. My only concern is the way it comes across to most people. More people need to start educating themselves about it before they even try it and that's what's so aggravating.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:38:50 PM

Bitcoin is not in trouble!
Last week a few guys robbed a bank and left with a car.During the lam they killed a young man who was hit by that car.
Get cars banned? These guys used one it for robbery and killed a person with it!!

What to trouble it You don’t have to worry about crossing borders, rescheduling for bank holidays, or any other limitations one might think will occur when transferring money.
You are in control of your money with Bitcoin. There is no central authority figure in the Bitcoin network.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: