Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:27:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Miner Design Discussion  (Read 33968 times)
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1844

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:03:30 PM

Question.

Who here has written or maintained a cgminer driver (possibly for something with Avalon chips), and might want to take a bit of freelance coding not immediately pertaining but conducive to this project? If you can help it'll probably lead into working on the driver code for this project also.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:13:38 PM

Repeating the question. It looks like some prototype PCBs I ordered should be in next week. I can write enough code to get basic functionality but probably not actual mining, at least not within the schedule I have (what with manufacturing a new batch of PSU boards and a new batch of Compacs on top of regular duties). So, is anyone interested in working on a cgminer driver for a small project of mine and possibly sticking around to work on the base driver for the Open Community Miner core project?

In case you're wondering, I'm not assuming volunteers. I can't offer much right now but you would get paid.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
LASERminer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:31:52 PM

Probably stupid/obvious question but did you ask -ck / kano?
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:36:29 PM

I did not. I don't know Kano at all, and last time I asked driver advice from CK he seemed a bit short. I assume the guy's busy with important stuff and doesn't have time for little stuff.

LASERminer

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:42:11 PM

He/They had time to write improved cgminer for Antminers and I believe they supporting bitcoin community, but if you never ask you'll never know...
I was once extremely busy and short for everyone - now I'm looking for anyone to talk to me...
We Poles have saying:
John prays to God: oh God how is that my neighbour won the lottery and my colleague won the lottery twice, but I never won anything.
God had enough and responded: dear John, you need to give me a chance and buy the bloody ticket!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:00:58 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294499.0

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:20:15 AM

Right, I was handed off to that post about a year ago when we were starting working on the Compac and such. Great advice, but doesn't really help me solve the problem of having zero time to learn the ins and outs of cgminer enough to write my own driver because I'm already booked doing manufacturing and assembly on various things until the end of May.

Hey kano, want to do a bit of freelance? With your skills, knowledge and resources it probably won't take long.

I guess I can go ahead and say what's up. I'm working on an A3218 Compac using an MCP2210 for SPI comms and a bit of GPIO. I probably won't do direct sales on the forum like I did with the BM1384 Compac, which I know some of you won't like, but about 80% of Compac sales went to resellers and the other 20% burned up 90% of my communications. I'm grouchy and I don't like dealing with people who have not yet researched and tried to solve problems themselves, so I'm ill suited as direct tech support and would rather let the patient people like CrazyGuy handle that and let me focus on the things I actually can do well, like avoid people all day and build stuff all day. With Novak gone from the shop, I'm having to do more now than I already was so something's gotta go. Anyways, A3218 Compac. I have prototype PCBs coming in next week. If I and $PROGRAMMER can get it working I'll see about making a bunch of 'em. And the money brought in from that will be used to buy new tools and equipment to improve and streamline my manufacturing capability, and fund development for sexy new projects, and decrease my dependence on other people paying their invoices on time (which it happens surprisingly often that people are late by between one and six weeks, one of the reasons it took me about 4 months to build the first 1000 Compacs) for me to actually move forward on reasonable schedules. Of course the first thing to benefit from this will be the TypeZero project (that has become this Community Miner), which will finally get the attention I've been wanting to pay it for about a year now.

Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:05:54 PM

Excited about the new compac, I just hope the resellers don't add too much margin.

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:00:19 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 07:20:33 PM by toptek

Excited about the new compac, I just hope the resellers don't add too much margin.

IF hes sell it like he has in the past it won't be to bad but that's how it is re seller sell for more we know that which i have no problem with and don't blame him !!!! . he has to live and eat as well ,I'm not saying that to kiss ass either it's a fact of life .

so you might see them here:

https://asicpuppy.com/magentoPuppy/

http://holybitcoin.com/

If you live in the US for 10 to 30 more then what he would sell to us direct unless you buy a lot off him and make it worth his while, which i don't blame him or anyone else does, in other words if you buy a lot ( i don't remember what he said a lot was)  you should get the re sellers price from him direct.  but that's how it works . any place .

At least it did when i had my PC business.

BTW I'm finally having solar installed in my home they come on Monday to look it over draw up the plans etc it's all been approved can't wait ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:25:37 PM

Yeah, part of the reseller markup is the price of having to deal with customers. I got three emails just in the last week from people who bought sticks from resellers and came to me with questions instead of them. I don't know how they went through the convoluted process of tracking me down instead of using the seller contact info from the listing or website they purchased from, but I don't want it and I don't need it. That stick's been in the wild for more'n six months and there's plenty of resources available that aren't my personal email address and forum PM inbox.

What I do need is a competent programmer.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:35:41 PM

Yeah, part of the reseller markup is the price of having to deal with customers. I got three emails just in the last week from people who bought sticks from resellers and came to me with questions instead of them. I don't know how they went through the convoluted process of tracking me down instead of using the seller contact info from the listing or website they purchased from, but I don't want it and I don't need it. That stick's been in the wild for more'n six months and there's plenty of resources available that aren't my personal email address and forum PM inbox.

sorry can't Program very good at trouble shooting very bad at programming or i would have offered. done it free because it would give me something to do.

kind of why i asked about were to buy the break out boards I'll buy it any were idc I know what im getting from your stuff  it was more to find if any were on sell yet and were to buy them i feel you wanting your privacy now that you got the product out there .

cya.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 08:53:03 PM

Could never really say I was a "Competent Programmer", but I would love to take a crack at it if that's ok.
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:34:31 AM

Repeating the question. It looks like some prototype PCBs I ordered should be in next week. I can write enough code to get basic functionality but probably not actual mining, at least not within the schedule I have (what with manufacturing a new batch of PSU boards and a new batch of Compacs on top of regular duties). So, is anyone interested in working on a cgminer driver for a small project of mine and possibly sticking around to work on the base driver for the Open Community Miner core project?

In case you're wondering, I'm not assuming volunteers. I can't offer much right now but you would get paid.

Am interested.
The last serious coding I did was back in '94 (assembly, C, C++).
Have done some casual embedded coding in the interim.
My "compadre in crime" is well versed in the modern languages.
Have emailed him to see if he's interested/has the time.

Haven't looked at the cgminer source.
What languages are used and what language(s) expertise are you looking for?

We might be able to help.

Me = admin@planetcrypto.com
cc = support@planetcrypto.com

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:04:18 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2016, 08:45:30 PM by HagssFIN

I made just for fun, a 3D model copy of the S1's frame plates using AutoCAD software provided by my university of applied sciences.
I thought to share the result here if someone else has use for it too.
I got these frame plates, heatsinks, screws and Delta 120mm fan.
Plus this good old S1, so it makes two possible community board miners.
Only thing left is community miner boards +controller like raspberry pi maybe(?).  Wink

The ones that I got printed had a little fault, they didn't come with even thicknesses (sides, bottom).
The material used here is PLA.
Design should be good for air flow. I actually got little lower temps now with S1  Cheesy

Some pictures (click for bigger ver.):
3D model:

3D printed parts (3mm thickness version):

Original Antminer S1:

S1 fitted with 3D printed frame parts, fan attached with sheet metal screws:

Download links for .STL file (3D printing):
S1_FRAME_PART_THICKNESS_3mm_by_HagssFIN.stl - https://mega.nz/#!pt0EyYzZ!oVD9ay2Jsr0RUiQ8PImCvIyql4nRMIXMSUXn7F8Fpkk
S1_FRAME_PART_THICKNESS_5mm_by_HagssFIN.stl - https://mega.nz/#!kx81jBqJ!OYJhh-pY053sQEV6wDMu_UmzrE1OrBHOBv_lj8cGFAw

gt_addict

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:07:48 PM

Just a suggestion for a good way to gather funds (if it's needed of course). Www.patreon.com. I've seen a few guys on YouTube use it to fund videos etc.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Newko

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 12:35:26 AM

I made just for fun, a 3D model copy of the S1's frame plates using AutoCAD software provided by my university of applied sciences.
I thought to share the result here if someone else has use for it too.
I got these frame plates, heatsinks, screws and Delta 120mm fan.
Only thing left is community miner boards +controller like raspberry pi maybe(?).  Wink

The ones that I got printed had a little fault, they didn't come with even thicknesses (sides, bottom).
The material used here is PLA.
Design should be good for air flow. I actually got little lower temps now with S1  Cheesy
Nice!
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 08:44:10 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2016, 09:07:30 PM by HagssFIN

Would contacting Canaan Creative and ask them about the upcoming 16nm Avalon chips be any good idea?

LASERminer

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:01:10 PM

They already are in contact.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:08:30 PM

Who is "they"? Either you know something I don't or you're mistaken.

HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 09:09:04 PM

They already are in contact.
And you know this how?
Last posts from kilo and sidehack are about waiting the sample chips from Bitfury.
They haven't posted info about being in contact with Canaan Creative.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: