Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:27:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Economically speaking does anyone actually not want economic equality?  (Read 867 times)
doublemore (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:47:02 PM

As far as i can tell the reasons for economic inequality up to this point in history are due to the fact we just dont know how to have a functional system with economic equality.

Please dont get confused by some kind of philosophical equality because there will always be a difference between people i know but it seems one day we will have some kind of economic equality right?

Does anyone have a good reason to want to keep economic inequality?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:08:25 PM

There should not be economic equality.

A doctor deserves more financial reward than a burger flipper
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:19:29 PM

I favour Star Trek style economics. This sounds like there aren't actually any economics any more. Coolio.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:27:50 PM

yeah but there must be a limit, above which you don't get anything anymore no matter who you are, otherwise the inequality will be too prominent

let's say $5k as a good limit
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:43:50 PM

yeah but there must be a limit, above which you don't get anything anymore no matter who you are, otherwise the inequality will be too prominent

So a doctor that spent 8 years + in higher eduction with no earnings for that period and leaving with a huge debt should only get $5k

While a burger flipper that left school with no debt, earned a wage during thos 8 years should get more.

I say you are worth what someone is willing to pay, its a free market.
doublemore (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:51:50 PM

The doctor gets a pretty rough deal actually, all those years learning and paying 100k? for education.  No wonder they need decent money after that.  Great way to corrupt/stress doctors dont you think? who we rely on for so many things.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:32:28 PM

So a doctor that spent 8 years + in higher eduction with no earnings for that period and leaving with a huge debt should only get $5k

While a burger flipper that left school with no debt, earned a wage during thos 8 years should get more.

that debt should've been sustained by his parent, or by a side job that he can do while studying, many are doing it even nowadays

the burger will earn much less with his job, max 1k , which should be the minimum for 8 hours of work, no matter what you do
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:39:55 PM

I only care about economic fairness. That does not mean everyone is going to be equally rich or poor, rather that everyone has a chance to compete. The inequality we see now in America is, IMO, due to the efforts of entrenched power to keep the poor out out of investing. Poor people are supposed to work their asses off for pennies so that the investor class can make dollars from their labor.

Bitcoin is the first fair money I am aware of in history. Unlike the dollars you think you own, bitcoin is actually yours to do with as you please.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
doublemore (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:22:07 PM

I only care about economic fairness. That does not mean everyone is going to be equally rich or poor, rather that everyone has a chance to compete. The inequality we see now in America is, IMO, due to the efforts of entrenched power to keep the poor out out of investing. Poor people are supposed to work their asses off for pennies so that the investor class can make dollars from their labor.

Bitcoin is the first fair money I am aware of in history. Unlike the dollars you think you own, bitcoin is actually yours to do with as you please.

Ok thats a reasonable position for the right now maybe.

In reply to bitcoin being the first fair money, was physial gold not a fair money also?  Its useless the fact you have to store/hide it yes but if you have some gold it is yours to do with as you please or isn't it? gold has barriers to entry and so does bitcoin - although for bitcoin that will get easier but who knows maybe gov will crush us (doubt it).
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:56:41 PM

They could earn the same if they lived in a world where they got paid the same whether they were studying or flipping burgers from day one. Only in a world where everybody earns the same regardless of what they do and where everything else is the same like food consumption and cost would it be possible to have equal income. That would also mean that the doctor should make the same hours as a burger flipper, etc.

And in a world where this is the case, money is not needed anymore as everybody "earns" and "spends" equally.

How much we may want economic equality, it will never be possible.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:12:35 PM

In reply to bitcoin being the first fair money, was physial gold not a fair money also?  Its useless the fact you have to store/hide it yes but if you have some gold it is yours to do with as you please or isn't it? gold has barriers to entry and so does bitcoin - although for bitcoin that will get easier but who knows maybe gov will crush us (doubt it).
Hmm. That's a good one bro! Gold may well be seen as fair money, and like BTC, anyone is free to try mining some. It's fungible, universal, and mostly like property. Well, until this happened.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:19:58 PM

Income inequality is a problem but that is just how capitalism operates. There will always end up being rich people exploiting the lower class

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:58:15 PM

This is ECONOMY ! ( http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-18/china-unleashes-debt-tsunami-creates-1-trillion-debt-first-two-months-2016 )

QE everywhere !

This is BITCOIN ... ( http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/39108/will-the-decreasing-bitcoin-production-cause-a-liquidity-crisis )

We build the futur.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:24:17 AM

Everyone should have equal opportunity.  The system now in American is rigged because the rich and big corporation lobby the politicians to have the rules in their favor.  For example big banks get bailed out but small banks don't, and oil companies get subsidized by the government.  Those are handouts to the wealthy.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:46:49 AM

I have always found Nietzsche's theories about economic equality interesting.  Economic equality would be wonderful for the planet but it is a slippery slope and only good in theory.

I love Bitcoin
suda123

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:44:19 AM

As far as i can tell the reasons for economic inequality up to this point in history are due to the fact we just dont know how to have a functional system with economic equality.

Please dont get confused by some kind of philosophical equality because there will always be a difference between people i know but it seems one day we will have some kind of economic equality right?

Does anyone have a good reason to want to keep economic inequality?

It even occurs in nature, worker ants queen ant etc.

What you should be concerned about is oligarchies, the words economic-inequality only exist because it's at the top of it's foundation in the existence/result of manifested meaning.
stiffbud

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:02:57 AM

Well I don't think so. Economic equality can only happen if eac and eery people in the world will have the same skills, the same labor to give the same effort to give. I mean why would you give a higher worth for someone who is not evwn trying to raise himself up.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:17:45 AM

I personally think that a system that uses the uneducated in society to work the lower-"tier" jobs would actually be beneficial, such as having only High-schoolers work at fast food restaurants so that they can get some experience as well as allow for the more educated to have jobs further up.

I think there will always be issues with the economy, and there will never be economic equality unless it is tyrannically enforced. if something like that happens, however, very few people will do anything more than the base amount of work, and there will be a stagnant society.
freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:53:21 AM

Then why would you ever say that a Doctor deserves more ? There is no proper base to judge these things on cause there is no one to say who is more equal then others other then the amount they contribute and how much it is worth to the people.
doublemore (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:24:51 AM

Hmm. That's a good one bro! Gold may well be seen as fair money, and like BTC, anyone is free to try mining some. It's fungible, universal, and mostly like property. Well, until this happened.

The gov could make the same move to make everyone hand in their bitcoins no? is your answer to that brain wallet? or do i misunderstand?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: