Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Clown prophet prediction for ASICs future  (Read 4182 times)
lucif (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 06:47:15 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2013, 07:06:14 PM by lucif

They call me clown - okay...

[clown mode on] [reverence]: Hi folks!

ASICs, bASICs, cloulds, sky and butterflies around.... They are all around... What should we expect from near future of this dream technology (or technology of dream)?

People still believe in fairy tales... I hope you already read my bedtime story for you last night...

So what we should expect? To answer this question, imagine I am the leader of ASIC project. I mean real, serious project, not being scam in mind of its leader.

I don't take into account scam or just sloven team. I take into account only serious business (serious business in Bitcoin?! What did you just said?!).

Fuck the slovens.

Please don't abuse my chaotic mind - I'm a bit drunked. But drunked ppl oftely say what all others just keep in mind....

This technology may compromise the whole world SHA2-based Internet security. Whatever... It may compromise any algorithm security. AFAIK crypto-algos were developed to be resisant to CPU-powered computer systems. And here is not a CPU. Here is a specialized chip: one hash per one tick. It may costs much lower than CPU. So you still think federal forces will just stay away from that?

Okay, just fuck the federal forces, lets imagine they don't care.

This technology can bring me, as leader of project, the most of network hash power. Lets say i don't have malicious mind, I don't want to crack bitcoin chain.

Now, fuck the malicious mind. Imagine I wish well to Bitcoin.

I want to make money. Should I sell those chips to third parties? I can put them on PCB and just start mining! But you know what? I promised to everybody I will sell them. I didn't signed contracts, I didn't get regulated - I just promised. And this is all.

The chips research costs huge money. Where should I get them? I will declare that I will develop those chips and invite everybody to invest in that research.

The investments are not regulated by any FTC or SEC - so I can do whatever I want to do. I am the LAW. I can break my own rules. I can just gather money from fools for ASIC research, delay the time for this research - and get the technology.

If I was resistant to all temptations above, If I successfuly broke all resistances above - tell me honestly, should I sell this technology?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:05:08 PM

sell it or have 1,000's of computer savvy hackers coming at your virtual doors tracking your every move; you wouldn't be able to show your face on the internet again

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:05:58 PM

If you're not an idiot, keep ASIC for themselves.  With the money earned on mining and difference in the exchange rate pay off customers. Those customers will not longer needed in the future, you will have enough money to develop a second-generation ASIC by yourself.  Do not worry that the value of bitcoin falls, someone who uses BTC (and he is not a miner - users who are a minority) does not care who is mining.

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:07:35 PM

If you're not an idiot, keep ASIC for themselves.  With the money earned on mining and difference in the exchange rate pay off customers. Those customers will not longer needed in the future, you will have enough money to develop a second-generation ASIC by yourself.  Do not worry that the value of bitcoin falls, someone who uses BTC (and he is not a miner - users who are a minority) does not care who is mining.

many will care who's mining

lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:09:31 PM

So what of they care who is mining?
bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:12:51 PM

many will care who's mining

every day, there are less and less people who care - some miners - and now are minority. Someone who buys drugs on SR does not care about it.
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 07:28:36 PM

I encourage everyone to just press ignore on the OP.

I'm not sure if he's just confused or if the crazyness is performance art— but he won't revise his positions on correction... but whatever the cause his arguments are wrong and misguided and will potentially make you stupider by reading them.
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:37:48 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2013, 07:53:31 PM by lucif

I encourage everyone to just press ignore on the OP.

I'm not sure if he's just confused or if the crazyness is performance art— but he won't revise his positions on correction... but whatever the cause his arguments are wrong and misguided and will potentially make you stupider by reading them.
This is what respectable moderator says? I will quote that. No arguments - just ignore him!  Just get this eretic to anathema!

Yes, I have an interest in market. I bet you have interest in ASICs. We all have own interests.

But tell me, what false I said above?
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 07:54:39 PM

But tell me, what false I said above?
This technology may compromise the whole world SHA2-based Internet security. Whatever... It may compromise any algorithm security. AFAIK crypto-algos were developed to be resisant to CPU-powered computer systems.
Every word of this is false except "Whatever", and potentially "AFAIK".
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:55:56 PM

Please be more specific.

You put your respectability against the wave. It may be ruined if I was right.
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:58:51 PM

This technology may speed up in 1000+ times brute force.

You know, chips cost about zero themselfs. When all will pay for research, chips would be cheap.

That may be used for another generation of chips for brute forcing sha2 itself and another chips for another algos.

It may be precedent creating specialized chips for breaking security.

Please remind me, how much costs Intel I7 and how much MHashes it delivers. Then tell me how much Ghashes delivers Avalon chip and how much it may cost after HYPE cycle.

Please remind me for what purpose was developed SHA.
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:06:25 PM

I even remind you SHA abbreviature. Secure Hash Algorithm.

Secure against what?
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:07:14 PM

Against regular CPU calculations. Not against specialized chips calculations.

This is a potentional danger for US national security. Coz someone can arrive to China, put gun into chip developing company director head and ask to develop 10E8 chips.

This is actually may be global CIA warning on this event.
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:49:23 PM

So this technology may bring these digits (according to Avalon ASIC)

If I dont mistake (remind me if i do), $0.01875/Mhash/s - not taking into account its power consumtion.

So it may shift actual GPU digits by two or even three digits, cosuming even lower power.

This is all regarding ONLY federal forces interest.

But lets return to earth. Why should I sell this technology?

Dear gmaxwell. If I was right and all of companies around here are scam, I will post your quote asking to Ignore me first. Be sure.

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:55:27 PM

Is Satoshi in on this?

lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:01:32 PM

I ask real questions. And dunno get answers.

Only moderator calls to put me into Ignore list.

Did he involved in this all? I screenshoted everything. Lots of pre-paid fools involved - okay. Bitpay involved - Okay. BUT RESPECTABLE MODERATOR shut my mouth?

Okay, lets see...
prezbo

Activity: 430

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 11:46:15 PM

This technology may speed up in 1000+ times brute force.
a hundred thousand years divided by 1000+ is still... a whole lot of time.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 06:06:42 AM

This technology may compromise the whole world SHA2-based Internet security. Whatever... It may compromise any algorithm security. AFAIK crypto-algos were developed to be resisant to CPU-powered computer systems.

You are very wrong. This quote shows you know little about cryptography. Cryptographic algorithms (encryption or hashing) have been designed to resist attacks multiple order of magnitudes higher than what we are capable of today (CPUs, FPGAs, even ASICs).

Here is a relevant piece I wrote a few days ago, answering someone who had the same concerns as you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135912.msg1451168#msg1451168
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 06:13:14 AM

You are very wrong. This quote shows you know little about cryptography. Cryptographic algorithms (encryption or hashing) have been designed to resist attacks multiple order of magnitudes higher than what we are capable of today (CPUs, FPGAs, even ASICs).

Here is a relevant piece I wrote a few days ago, answering someone who had the same concerns as you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135912.msg1451168#msg1451168
Really? WPA2 dictionary rainbow table is being built using modern miner hardware fairly quickly.

What would be if China invents ASIC for single-pass SHA?

But I said, fuck this government. Lets say it isnt true.

Should I sell this technology? - is the main question.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 06:23:44 AM

Really? WPA2 dictionary rainbow table is being built using modern miner hardware fairly quickly.

What would be if China invents ASIC for single-pass SHA?

But I said, fuck this government. Lets say it isnt true.

Should I sell this technology? - is the main question.

WPA2 being attackable does not mean its algorithms (AES, PBKDF2-SHA1, etc) have been cracked; it just means that people suck at selecting strong passwords. Use a password like LQ/Y89}Us@{@V>hU&dyL (which has ~128 bits of entropy) and not even an ASIC a million times faster than a CPU can break your WPA2.

Nota Bene: There is no such thing as "WPA2 dictionary rainbow tables", the right terminology is "lookup table". A "rainbow table" refers specifically to tables using a time memory trade-off, and using a different function (different "color") on each column. For some reason amateur hackers like the term "rainbow table" and use it everywhere.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: