Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:08:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Research Paper - Bitcoin is Shariah Compliant  (Read 88 times)
manish9841 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:46:22 PM

I just came across the news that bitcoin is Shariah compliant and it could be very helpful in clarifying Muslim brothers about whether to consider as a haram or halaal. Things look positive and I am expecting more investors from countries like UAE, Qatar, etc. would believe in bitcoin technology and the use of it. Besides, these countries have very high sovereign funds for investment. (https://news.bitcoin.com/research-paper-declares-bitcoin-compliant-with-shariah-law/)

Any opinion is highly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:48:36 PM

I just came across the news that bitcoin is Shariah compliant and it could be very helpful in clarifying Muslim brothers about whether to consider as a haram or halaal. Things look positive and I am expecting more investors from countries like UAE, Qatar, etc. would believe in bitcoin technology and the use of it. Besides, these countries have very high sovereign funds for investment. (https://news.bitcoin.com/research-paper-declares-bitcoin-compliant-with-shariah-law/)

Bitcoin is not against the Shariah Law and there are muslim scholars who already agreed to this kind of statement. Anyway, let us clarify first the word halal, halal refers to the preparation of meat by the muslim in according to their shariah law thus we cannot apply this to bitcoin since bitcoin is not a food but a cryptocurrency.

But anyway bitcoin according to Muslim Scholars are in compliant and not against the Shariah Law and its just a matter of time before Arab and Muslim Countries will jump and join the bitcoin market.
manish9841 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:39:57 PM

Bitcoin is not against the Shariah Law and there are muslim scholars who already agreed to this kind of statement. Anyway, let us clarify first the word halal, halal refers to the preparation of meat by the muslim in according to their shariah law thus we cannot apply this to bitcoin since bitcoin is not a food but a cryptocurrency.

But anyway bitcoin according to Muslim Scholars are in compliant and not against the Shariah Law and its just a matter of time before Arab and Muslim Countries will jump and join the bitcoin market.

Let us hope that that Arab and Muslim countries become more aware about blockchain technology and bitcoin in general. This might be positive to alt coins as well.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:04:42 PM

I think it is true that bitcoin is in accordance with Islamic Sharia, because it has an increasing value like gold that is not infected by inflation, and I believe that soon the Qatari state and others will soon become big investors.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:12:38 PM

Thank you for posting this, our Muslim brothers are an essential part of this community, they are capable and willing to support the cause of cryptocurrency adoption, I'm sure in the next few years our Muslim brothers will become a major player in the cryptocurrency industry.
waichi

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:59:06 AM

The article states that Shariah law does not prohibit Bitcoin, but then it says that it all depends on a country. National Law still the one that should be followed. Bitcoin for them is not just a currency but a technology for payment and transaction. So the acceptance of Bitcoin depends on the rulings in a certain country.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 09:30:46 AM

Plenty of Muslim interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, and this should open up the door for increased involvement. Saying that, I don't think that is has slowed investment down too much; I have noticed a number of Arab country based cryptocurrencies and plenty of the governments already seem open to acceptance.

Bahrain - https://www.ccn.com/bahrains-government-keen-adopting-bitcoin/

UAE (Dubai) - https://cointelegraph.com/news/dubai-will-issue-first-ever-state-cryptocurrency

Be interesting to see how it plays out over the next few years.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:36:05 AM

Looks like they have another way of trading oil, no need to rely on USD when you can buy using bitcoin. Good to see that religion is not going to block the adoption of bitcoin, all should get involved in this new type of bank-free currency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: