Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:17:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paranoia I have not enaugh bitcoins collected yet.  (Read 3364 times)
szuetam (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:34:39 PM

I calculate again and again and still I have not enaugh bitcoins, without my work they won't make me rich enough even with price 1000$/BTC.

Do you have same feeling?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 09:36:56 PM

That's the beauty of BTC. It's not that easy to get them; they cannot be issued from nothing.

If big players in the market take to BTC as a vehicle for storing/transferring wealth, we can look forward to $10k+ per BTC, I am fairly sure, but that will take time. It must do. And that's a good case scenario. For all we know, BTC might be worth next to nothing within the next five years. But I cannot envisage all that many intermediate scenarios. Who knows? Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 09:59:47 PM

Yeah I actually do!

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
phatsphere

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:12:36 PM

I calculate again and again and still I have not enaugh bitcoins, without my work they won't make me rich enough even with price 1000$/BTC.
Well, I don't know what you plans are, but if you have a few thousands, it should be fine.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 10:15:25 PM

sell all your bitcoins now, wait for 2$/BTC again, buy it up, and THEN wait for 1000$/BTC

LOL

good luck!

szuetam (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:17:40 PM

Well, I don't know what you plans are, but if you have a few thousands, it should be fine.

I don't.

It would take me months to earn that. 1kBTC is ~15000$ ~45000zł
szuetam (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:18:44 PM

sell all your bitcoins now, wait for 2$/BTC again, buy it up, and THEN wait for 1000$/BTC

LOL

good luck!

Do I understand correct You're laughing at your own joke?
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 10:18:58 PM

Yes.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:59:08 AM

Yeah.. $1000 bitcoins (at todays spending power) would be exciting, but not thrilling.

If I'm to find a path to true economic freedom it'll require hard work - not just amassing Bitcoins,
but that's probably not such a bad thing.

If Bitcoin grows too quickly - too many great minds might be idling around on beaches and frolicking with hookers n blow instead of building great things Wink

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:46:55 AM

A few K BTC is no longer a small deal. As a person earning in the low 5 figures, it would take me a few years to amass so many BTC at current prices.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 06:21:00 AM

Yes, but then I think that 99.99% of the world population has no Bitcoins at all and I feel richer.
Anyway at some point there must be a dump. Now they seem overbought. Just try to pick the bottom.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 07:03:44 AM

Nope.  I considered the fall to ~$2/BTC to be a gift from the sky gods, and an opportunity to make up for having missed out on the early days (almost got going in the end of 2010 but neglected due to getting involved in financial projects) and tanked up.  At this point it's looking like a good move.  We'll see.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
mralbi

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2013, 07:18:46 AM

price will never again drop to 2 dollars, estimate 20 dollars in the near future based on speculation, userbase increase, more shops coming up plus mining difficulty increase.

When bitcoins rise too much there will be other cryptocurrencies coming up for "newcomers" while bitcoin will always stay the main reference

Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 07:44:52 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2013, 08:05:09 AM by Luno

Rich=(Work+Time)*Luck

Rich=Luck*Work+Luck*Time

Time is your most valuable asset. If you can't work more or more efficiently You either have to wait longer or have more Rich to start with to maximise the effect of Luck.

Time is the free resource that is'nt associated with pain as Work is.

So my advice; be patient... Bitcoin will not go up forever...
novusordo

Activity: 800

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:46:07 PM

If Bitcoin grows too quickly - too many great minds might be idling around on beaches and frolicking with hookers n blow instead of building great things

This is the single most important reason that it should not grow too quickly. This is my theory on where Satoshi went.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:55:53 PM

LOL

good luck!

Do I understand correct You're laughing at your own joke?

Lol!
Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 04:01:35 PM

Bitcoin isn't some get-rich-quick scheme. Even if the exchange rate goes up to $1000/btc, I think the deflation in the purchasing power of the dollar would have also been significant. IMO, as long as the increase in exchange rate is beating true inflation of prices of goods(roughly 5-10% per year), I'll be happy that I have a decent place to put my savings, instead of the overpriced stock market and 0% return bonds.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 04:20:40 PM

I'll be happy that I have a decent place to put my savings, instead of the overpriced stock market and 0% return bonds.

If I were you I would not put most of my savings in Bitcoins. What if a better coin (e.g. Terracoins) comes around? Also, if I were a latecomer I would probably be already mining some alt coin (I will anyway post-ASICs).
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 04:30:07 PM

Nope.  I considered the fall to ~$2/BTC to be a gift from the sky gods, and an opportunity to make up for having missed out on the early days (almost got going in the end of 2010 but neglected due to getting involved in financial projects) and tanked up.  At this point it's looking like a good move.  We'll see.

yes, it feels just like yesterday doesn't it?

look thru this thread at all the idiots.  this was one of my absolute favorites:  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48850.msg619356#msg619356
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 07:19:19 PM

Nope.  I considered the fall to ~$2/BTC to be a gift from the sky gods, and an opportunity to make up for having missed out on the early days (almost got going in the end of 2010 but neglected due to getting involved in financial projects) and tanked up.  At this point it's looking like a good move.  We'll see.

yes, it feels just like yesterday doesn't it?

look thru this thread at all the idiots.  this was one of my absolute favorites:  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48850.msg619356#msg619356

I went back looking through my 'dark days' threads and don't find as much as I remembered having written arguing for the potential logic of continuing to accumulate.  Mostly just a few posts saying that that is what I was doing.  You were certainly much more vocal, but I do remember that almost everyone else was changing sides or dropping out completely until there were only a few of us left.

Anyway, things are looking pretty good today.  Of course we had the run-up to $15 some months ago and it took this long to claw back so who knows.  I do expect that if Bitcoin 'goes' (not a certainty yet in my mind) it could go pretty fast.  This could be the one.  Or not.  There are probably still a number of big early-days holders who might wish to dump, although I would think that most of these would have been shaken out in previous run-ups.

It does feel kind of good to see $15 after having been so lonely in the argument that Bitcoin is not necessarily at end-of-game.  I imagine you feel the same.  Here's to even happier times ahead!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: