Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:26:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope attacks Trump saying he is 'not Christian'  (Read 4162 times)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:52:02 AM

Mr Coleman, if you say you've been to the Vatican, you're a LIAR!

I'm sorry to point it out, but had you been there, you you would know there are no hotels. I'm not saying there's only a few hotels, I'm saying the truth which is that there isn't a single hotel in the whole country. No hotels, and there's never been one. Guest houses? No guest houses either. Not a single one. I suppose they have some guest rooms, but I know that when they have a congress, some priests have to sleep outside the Vatican, so there should not be many of them.

Calm down ya batty! There are a large number of palaces in Vatican. When I meant "hotels", I was referring to them. Examples are Palace of Saint Charles, Apostolic Palace, Belvedere Palace.etc. Then there are other buildings such as the Swiss Guards Barracks, Domus Sanctae Martae guesthouse, and the Residence of the arch-priest. You are claiming that none of these buildings can be used for housing a few dozen refugees?

Even for you it is a new low.
Sometimes i wish we would get another great flood lol

I hope other members are taking this as a example to not lie in pretty much every post Grin

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
adverbelly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 07:16:08 PM

Pope attacks Trump saying he is 'not Christian' for wanting to build a wall with Mexico - then Donald hits back calling Catholic leader 'disgraceful'

Pope spoke on Papal plane after trip to Mexico which took him to US border where he celebrated mass
    Condemned Trump's plan to build a wall between the United States and Mexico saying: 'This is not in the Gospel.'
    Trump, campaigning in South Carolina, hit back furiously, calling the Pope 'disgraceful' and accused him of being a 'pawn' of the Mexican government
    Trump is a Presbyterian who has highlighted his religion repeatedly and is battling Ted Cruz in South Carolina for evangelicals
    Pope had held right on the border at Ciudad Juarez, with celebration simulcast to stadium on American side of Rio Grande

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is 'not Christian' because of his views on immigration, Pope Francis said on his way back to Rome from Mexico.

The Pope said, however, he did not want to advise American Catholics on whether or not to vote for Trump.
Trump fired back immediately, telling a packed room at a coastal South Carolina country club: 'For a religious leader to question a person's faith is disgraceful.'

The Pope's dramatic intervention came in a freewheeling conversation with reporters on his flight back from a visit to Mexico.
Francis was asked about Trump and some of his statements, such as vowing to build a wall between the United States and Mexico if he becomes president.

'A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,' Francis saidin answer to a specific question about Trump's views. 'This is not in the gospel.'

Asked if American Catholics should vote for someone with Trump's views, Francis said: 'I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that. We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt,' he said.

Trump issued a furious response, reading a lengthy statement from the podium on a campaign stop.
He reflected on the seismic impact of crossing swords with the leader of the world's largest religious denomination, and shrugged it off.
'Now it's probably going to be all over the world. Who the hell cares? I don't care!' he said. 'We have to stop illegal immigration ... and crime.'

Trump blasted the Vatican for what he said was a naive outlook on the ISIS terror army, saying in a statement released to reporters that 'If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS's ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President because this would not have happened.'

'ISIS would have been eradicated unlike what is happening now with our all talk, no action politicians.'
On his last day in Mexico, Pope Francis said a Mass on the U.S. border, where he railed against immigration policies that force many underground and into the hands of drug gangs and human smugglers.

Trump has also said he would deport millions of illegal migrants if he wins the November U.S. election. Last week he told Fox Business television that Pope Francis did not understand the Mexican border issues.
'The pope is a very political person. I think he doesn't understand the problems our country has. I don't think he understands the danger of the open border that we have with Mexico,' he said.

Asked if he felt he was being used as a pawn of Mexico, Francis said he didn't know.
'I leave that judgment to you, the people.'
But he seemed quite pleased to hear that Trump had called him a 'political' figure, noting that Aristotle had described the human being as a 'political animal.'
'Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'animal politicus'. So at least I am a human person.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3453193/Pope-says-Trump-not-Christian-views-plans-immigration.html

trump is not a christian for sure.. his god is money.. definitely like that..
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:44:44 PM

Mr Coleman, if you say you've been to the Vatican, you're a LIAR!

I'm sorry to point it out, but had you been there, you you would know there are no hotels. I'm not saying there's only a few hotels, I'm saying the truth which is that there isn't a single hotel in the whole country. No hotels, and there's never been one. Guest houses? No guest houses either. Not a single one. I suppose they have some guest rooms, but I know that when they have a congress, some priests have to sleep outside the Vatican, so there should not be many of them.

Calm down ya batty! There are a large number of palaces in Vatican. When I meant "hotels", I was referring to them. Examples are Palace of Saint Charles, Apostolic Palace, Belvedere Palace.etc. Then there are other buildings such as the Swiss Guards Barracks, Domus Sanctae Martae guesthouse, and the Residence of the arch-priest. You are claiming that none of these buildings can be used for housing a few dozen refugees?

This is getting ridiculous! You grabbed some names somewhere, and you say you mixed up hotels with museums, but that just shows you don't know anything about the subject. The names of palaces you give, there's a museum, a library, and the Sistine Chapel (!) in there. I have to agree the Sistine Chapel is a huge room, and that it could house many refugees, but I'm not sure it would the most appropriate place for them. I don't think anyone but you has ever suggested to use it as a shelter for refugees.

Just like Buckingham palace. Please write to the Queen to tell her she should house refugees. And don't forget the Harrods store. It's closed at night, but thousands of homeless would be happy to sleep there.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 02:46:17 AM

This is getting ridiculous! You grabbed some names somewhere, and you say you mixed up hotels with museums, but that just shows you don't know anything about the subject. The names of palaces you give, there's a museum, a library, and the Sistine Chapel (!) in there. I have to agree the Sistine Chapel is a huge room, and that it could house many refugees, but I'm not sure it would the most appropriate place for them. I don't think anyone but you has ever suggested to use it as a shelter for refugees.

I am not talking about the chapels and libraries. Don't divert the topic. I was talking about the guesthouses, residence of the arch-priest, palaces, and the Swiss guard barracks.

Just like Buckingham palace. Please write to the Queen to tell her she should house refugees. And don't forget the Harrods store. It's closed at night, but thousands of homeless would be happy to sleep there.

Listen, if the Queen complains about others not accepting the refugees, then I'd definitely write to her. I will tell her to lead by example, by housing two or three dozen refugees at the Buckingham palace. A single family does not need a huge palace with 775 rooms.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 05:02:49 AM

Listen, if the Queen complains about others not accepting the refugees, then I'd definitely write to her. I will tell her to lead by example, by housing two or three dozen refugees at the Buckingham palace. A single family does not need a huge palace with 775 rooms.

Damn straight.  Not only that, but she should make sure that police response time to sexual molestation of the resident females is roughly equivalent to what the common [wo]man in the street realizes.

Indeed, there are a lot of Catholic nunneries which have plenty of room.  I know of at least one which I visited when I lived in the Bay Area.  Come to think of it, every one of the many Catholic monasteries or whatever-the-hell they were had walls and fences all around it and not a lot of riff-raff within the confines.  I will admit that one with a nunnery did have some crazy religious lady in the parking lot who told us about the nuns.  It was down in or near San Jose IIRC.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
ahmedjadoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:29:12 PM

Trump keep saying some stupid things and he should apologize.
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:31:18 PM

Apologize to whom? Agreed that he talks a lot of stupid things but I don't think he should apologize to the pope.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 01:58:33 PM

Trump keep saying some stupid things and he should apologize.

When Hitlery Clinton apologizes for her 1 million+ lies (and counting), Trump will consider apologizing for his comments. At least Trump hasn't instructed the American Air Force to bomb the orphanages and hospitals, as Hitlery and her fossilized husband has done in third world nations such as Libya, Afghanistan and Kosovo.
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 11:55:28 PM

I am not talking about the chapels and libraries. Don't divert the topic. I was talking about the guesthouses, residence of the arch-priest, palaces, and the Swiss guard barracks.

I'm not diverting the topic, you are. You talked of hotels, the Palace of Saint Charles, the Apostolic Palace. Not me, you did. There are no empty palaces in the Vatican, and we may doubt there is single free room in the Swiss guard barracks, since security has been increased several times those past few years.

You had a choice. You could have made an apology and say you didn't know anything about the Vatican, but you didn't, so you've lost all credibility.

Indeed, there are a lot of Catholic nunneries which have plenty of room.  I know of at least one which I visited when I lived in the Bay Area.  Come to think of it, every one of the many Catholic monasteries or whatever-the-hell they were had walls and fences all around it and not a lot of riff-raff within the confines.  I will admit that one with a nunnery did have some crazy religious lady in the parking lot who told us about the nuns.  It was down in or near San Jose IIRC.

Yes, definitely. In Northern Italy, there are some large buildings which are not much used these days, but we must keep in mind those buildings are anything but modern. They all have very high ceilings which make them difficult (or costly) to heat. That wasn't an issue with monks who were used to live without any comfort, but it would be more difficult nowadays. Also, don't expect anything looking like a bathroom close to the bedrooms.

isvicre

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 12:03:05 AM

Is it even important to be Christian to become president in the US? Am I missing something? Are government so religious? Where is laicism then?
bonski

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:20:46 AM

Vox populi became popular now in the world, and if majority wins you must follow it or else you will be hated by many people. As the time goes by, there are still people that have to stand with their own opinion and defend it as they believe they are right.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:11:11 AM

You had a choice. You could have made an apology and say you didn't know anything about the Vatican, but you didn't, so you've lost all credibility.

ROFLMAO! Seriously?

WTF do you think you are? If you cant fathom the truth, then please don't post here. Also, I am not living in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, where blasphemy is punishable by death. You are having some serious issues. By any chance, did you happened to hold the position of a choir boy in any of the Catholic churches, during your childhood?

Is it even important to be Christian to become president in the US? Am I missing something? Are government so religious? Where is laicism then?

The majority of the population identifies as Christian. So some people expect the POTUS to be a Christian by default. If I am not wrong, the US never had a non-Christian president till now. No Jews, no atheists, and no Native Americans. All of them were Christian, including Baptist (Bill Clinton), Presbyterian (Ronald Reagan), Dutch Reformed (Theodore Roosevelt), Episcopalian (GHW Bush), Methodist (GW Bush), Quaker (Richard Nixon), Roman Catholic (John F. Kennedy), Unitarian (William Howard Taft).etc
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:14:24 AM

Well after all Trump isn't really a Christian.

He never goes to church, he's just a random guy full of money.
No faith, only greed and ambition.

mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:05:37 PM

Well after all Trump isn't really a Christian.

No faith, only greed and ambition.

Which makes me wonder how the heck could he convince more than half of evangelists to vote for him ><

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 02:21:10 PM

You don't need to go to a church, to believe in Christianity. Even if you go to church daily, and don't follow the principles and fundamental tenets of Christianity, you can't claim that you are a Christian. The churches are just profit-making institutions or businesses which are used by the clergy to fleece the low-IQ believers.
countryfree
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:19:34 PM

ROFLMAO! Seriously?

WTF do you think you are? If you cant fathom the truth, then please don't post here. Also, I am not living in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, where blasphemy is punishable by death. You are having some serious issues. By any chance, did you happened to hold the position of a choir boy in any of the Catholic churches, during your childhood?

It is you, Mr Coleman, who doesn't want to face the truth. Please, go to the Vatican, and see by yourself. It's evident from what you wrote that you've never been there, and have no idea of how it is inside. And no, I've never been a choir boy. You have a lot of imagination, I prefer to watch and learn.

mainpmf

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:36:39 AM

ROFLMAO! Seriously?

It is you, Mr Coleman, who doesn't want to face the truth. Please, go to the Vatican, and see by yourself. It's evident from what you wrote that you've never been there, and have no idea of how it is inside. And no, I've never been a choir boy. You have a lot of imagination, I prefer to watch and learn.

Hey,

I don't know you but please stop losing your time and energy Wink
Coleman is just a random dumb person who likes to spread huge hoaxes without checking his sources ever. He sees the world in ONE way and everything different is bad and lies, and everything going in his way of seeing things is good and trues.
He will never apologize for anything cause he can't recognize he's wrong Wink

So just add him to your ignore list and keep going! Cheesy

Truckcoin

mainpmf

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:40:14 AM

The majority of the population identifies as Christian. So some people expect the POTUS to be a Christian by default. If I am not wrong, the US never had a non-Christian president till now. No Jews, no atheists, and no Native Americans. All of them were Christian, including Baptist (Bill Clinton), Presbyterian (Ronald Reagan), Dutch Reformed (Theodore Roosevelt), Episcopalian (GHW Bush), Methodist (GW Bush), Quaker (Richard Nixon), Roman Catholic (John F. Kennedy), Unitarian (William Howard Taft).etc

Lincoln wasn't exactly a Christian, same for Jefferson. So it's not mandatory.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/02/12/almost-all-u-s-presidents-have-been-christians/

But don't forget US president has to pledge on the Bible, so he definitely can't be a Muslim or a Jew that's for sure.

Truckcoin

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:03:31 PM

It seems that Trump is invincible even to criticism from the Pope.  He can say things about other Republicans and get away with it way more than his opponents can.
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:06:01 PM

Interesting how the pope had nothing to do with the trump until he decided to run for president. Now all of a sudden he's not christian. Nice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: