Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Win 50 USD and get a Free Bitcoin Virtual Debit Card for answering Survey  (Read 8047 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:47:08 PM

India is not supported in the above list. Is there any chance that it will be accepted in future?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:11:23 PM

Just to make sure. From your website I gather that to get a virtual debit card it costs $0.50 then the maintenance fee every month is $1? So this free $0.50 card will be excluded from these fees right? Because it will go into negative balance  Grin

Price  $0.50/€0.50/£0.50  
Monthly service charge fee $1.00/€1.00/£1.00  

lolnabtc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:01:26 PM

I finished but forgot to put my email address  Angry
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:14:57 PM

My country:India is not in your support list and i really want a service like that one.I went through all of virtual debit card providers but they also not provide to this country.Wonder when it will arrive in our country Undecided
Have the same issue here.
Also wanted to know thay can I get it issued on my friend's name who is residing in UK?
But will I have to go through KYC verification? Cannot I use an unverified card without the KYC verification(I don't care about the limits)?
VytautasK (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 11:36:32 PM

I will try to take the survey since i'm new with btc virtual card will be new to me as well, will be going to try the service. just one question, it will serve as your credit card type but uses bitcoin right? thank you.
Yes it is normal credit card.

India is not supported in the above list. Is there any chance that it will be accepted in future?

We are working on it and looking for alternative solutions.

Just to make sure. From your website I gather that to get a virtual debit card it costs $0.50 then the maintenance fee every month is $1? So this free $0.50 card will be excluded from these fees right? Because it will go into negative balance  Grin

Price  $0.50/€0.50/£0.50 
Monthly service charge fee $1.00/€1.00/£1.00 

It can't go to negative if it is 0 it stays zero Smiley

I finished but forgot to put my email address  Angry

PM your email and I will get this sorted.

My country:India is not in your support list and i really want a service like that one.I went through all of virtual debit card providers but they also not provide to this country.Wonder when it will arrive in our country Undecided
Have the same issue here.
Also wanted to know thay can I get it issued on my friend's name who is residing in UK?
But will I have to go through KYC verification? Cannot I use an unverified card without the KYC verification(I don't care about the limits)?

Your friend can get a card. Yes you will have to provide your name and address.

30+ currencies, bank wires, credit cards supported
Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:50:55 AM

I'm trying the poll now.

EDIT - I'm on my phone, but when I connect to the website, all I get is a blank white screen. Will try again when I get home.

EDIT - I simply requested for the desktop site, and all was well.
VytautasK (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 11:16:30 AM

I'm trying the poll now.

EDIT - I'm on my phone, but when I connect to the website, all I get is a blank white screen. Will try again when I get home.

EDIT - I simply requested for the desktop site, and all was well.
Thanks

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 11:26:33 AM

Is the offer is still available???  Can i try it??

VytautasK (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 12:34:51 PM

Is the offer is still available???  Can i try it??
Yes, we will close the survey then we will reach 500 responses.

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:06:07 PM

survey was strange but its done now
took about 3 5 minutes
waiting for march now  Wink
VytautasK (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 01:22:58 PM

My country (Colombia) is not in the list so I guess I won't get anything out of this. Anyway, I just answered your survey, I hope it helps. I have always thought that offering money for completing a survey is a bad idea, you will get a lot of crappy answers (people responding randomly just to finish faster).

I agree, but we have control variables for that Smiley on the other hand to answer a survey takes your time, so you have to compensate for it. Anyway, thanks a lot for doing it.

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
VytautasK (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 03:22:02 PM

survey was strange but its done now
took about 3 5 minutes
waiting for march now  Wink
Thanks

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
VytautasK (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 07:13:08 PM

450 cards to go

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:44:36 PM

Completed the survey. Although I don't understand why certain words (like "train") has something to do with bitcoin. But well.
I'm awaiting my debit card Wink
VytautasK (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:36:36 PM

Completed the survey. Although I don't understand why certain words (like "train") has something to do with bitcoin. But well.
I'm awaiting my debit card Wink
They are from news articles which reflect Bitcoin and has been featured in several of them. That is probably related to a verb "to train", hence training and bitcoin is common topics. Thanks a lot.

Cryptocurrency Exchange
Prepaid Card
Blockchain Wallet
Payment Processor
Amazon Vouchers
Mobile top-ups
24/7 Support
Available worldwide
Cmachne79

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:45:08 PM

hi guys, first post here Smiley

I really like your idea of this service as a business but not as a whole for "Bitcoin" as a currency or a community. The whole point of Bitcoin is for everyone, by everyone right? the limitation of Countries just makes it look like another Paypal doesnt it? Of course I am sure it will be better in a market where there are other options such as paypal and what not but my understanding here is that the beauty of bitcoin is that its a global currency which anyone can use instantly without having to wait or going through payment processors and such, which leads me to my question regarding the very same reason - "Mastercard/ATM Network such PLUS etc)

-  Does the bank charge you something "per country" in order to use their Mastercard/VISA network ? What is stopping you from parterning with Banks which provide such coverage globally? I know this might be very confidential information as it relates to the whole business case but been wondering on somewhat a same idea few days back and I really would like to know what kind of charges do these "Bank Network" guys take.

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, admins please let me know if I am to post this somewhere else. Smiley
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:24:37 AM

hi guys, first post here Smiley

I really like your idea of this service as a business but not as a whole for "Bitcoin" as a currency or a community. The whole point of Bitcoin is for everyone, by everyone right? the limitation of Countries just makes it look like another Paypal doesnt it? Of course I am sure it will be better in a market where there are other options such as paypal and what not but my understanding here is that the beauty of bitcoin is that its a global currency which anyone can use instantly without having to wait or going through payment processors and such, which leads me to my question regarding the very same reason - "Mastercard/ATM Network such PLUS etc)

-  Does the bank charge you something "per country" in order to use their Mastercard/VISA network ? What is stopping you from parterning with Banks which provide such coverage globally? I know this might be very confidential information as it relates to the whole business case but been wondering on somewhat a same idea few days back and I really would like to know what kind of charges do these "Bank Network" guys take.

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, admins please let me know if I am to post this somewhere else. Smiley

It took a few minutes to understand your text.

1. Bitcoin is a digital currency. Everything can be a currency when there is someone that accepts it as a currency (like us).
2. The bitcoin community is not bitcoin itself, however bitcoin is dependent on the community, if we don't mine/develop it, it won't get this far.
3. Bitcoin is decentralized, but PayPal is centralized. Bitcoin cannot be manipulated by one person without the majority agreeing on it (forks). PayPal however, could file bankruptcy and run away with the money.
4. Like said, Mastercard/visa are all centralized. The goal of bitcoin is to bring a decentralized payment method to the world.
5. First, you say bitcoin shouldn't be another PayPal. Now you suddenly say that they should partner with a bank. (Which is impossible to do) WHAT?!. Bitcoin itself cannot partner with banks (just like any other currency), but a bank can implement bitcoin into their ecosystem.
6. No idea what you are talking about to be honest. If you mean the transaction fees - it let's miners verify the transaction by including it in the mined block. They don't do everything for free.

I would recommend you to read through the description of "bitcoin" again and rather ask questions instead of complaining.
This post shouldn't be placed in a "service" thread. Post a thread in the "Bitcoin discussion" section.
Invulner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Invulner

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:30:01 AM

I already completed the survey, now I'm waiting for the free virtual debit card Smiley

Thanks again for the giveaway.
Cmachne79

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:22:18 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2016, 05:42:05 AM by Cmachne79

Hey Zero,

Thanks for the detailed response and you're right about my post, now that I look at it , I really can't even make anything out myself what I was onto (or just ON, for that matter)  Grin I mashed up 2 or 3 or maybe lots of things all together in such a way that it turned out to be..NOTHING. Please ignore that and yes I shall most definitely take all other discussions related to bitcoin in their appropriate sections next time but please let me explain the things which are relevant to this thread and the Debit card in discussion as a few users have pointed out the non-availability of it as well:

1. Bitcoin is a digital currency. Everything can be a currency when there is someone that accepts it as a currency (like us).  
Yes exactly and who is deciding the acceptance of the Countries listed on Spectrocoin's website? If its the decision by the service provider themselves then I would like to know why? some regulatory issue, legal or what ?

2. The bitcoin community is not bitcoin itself, however bitcoin is dependent on the community, if we don't mine/develop it, it won't get this far.

Yes sorry i was referring exactly to the community, like you said if the community wasn't there then it wouldn't get this far. So , not being a brat complaining here but just trying to re-phrase that if this virtual debit card is meant for Bitcoin users then shouldn't it try to reach as far as the community has? Another thing, did a small UAT on spectro site and found out users from non-supported Countries are allowed to register , setup a profile, select their non-supported Country from the list  ,top up vouchers from almost all the Telco operators in their Country, buy gift cards and yet not allowed to get the debit card, why?

I think the users who are just about anywhere on earth can/should buy and sell bitcoins and that's what I always thought,loved and praised most about bitcoin besides other things.
Being in the IT/Telco industry myself, I think its never a service provider issue as they would always want a bigger base and more reach of the audience, its usually the payment processor such as the bank and their ATM consortium / interbank limitations doing this , maybe it was an option for the service provider to select a tariff from the payment processor to  select either global ATM networks or just a few certain ones depending on the budget? Were there any usage statistics / ARPU / Potential growth calculated region wise ? what is this segregation based on? Then again, I also think this is sometimes confidential , if it is then its understandable and OP can give me a shut up call , no issues at all  Smiley

3. Bitcoin is decentralized, but PayPal is centralized. Bitcoin cannot be manipulated by one person without the majority agreeing on it (forks). PayPal however, could file bankruptcy and run away with the money.

Yes but what difference does it make to the users who don't have either? It's the same thing, we can only hear about it but never get to use it.
People in India and a lot of other Countries had been flippin at Paypal not being available to this date. So if a service such as Spectrocoin is competing centralized processors like paypal and offering something better then why is it not trying to reach more Countries? It is no doubt that the base and the volume of South East Asia is HUGE for this kind of thing. There has to be a reason for this, hopefully its not the same as Paypal's and declaring us as Fraudalent even now while MasterCard/Visa had been working perfectly since forever and the banking technology/security is also pretty up to date. Seems Paypal always is "increasing their security" everyday as evident from their posts and news and are always spending a lot of funds to look after VPNs/Socks5/RDP/ etc just to make sure not even their OWN users can access the service outside a certain radius when they need to. They tried taking over digital payments and they failed in acquiring a loyal base while other players and Telcos came in the picture. Anyway, this topic becomes a separate discussion so i'll just leave it here.

4. Like said, Mastercard/visa are all centralized. The goal of bitcoin is to bring a decentralized payment method to the world.

Yes my bad I don't know why I wrote MC/VISA there when its not even mentioned on the site lol , maybe i was confusing it with some other bitcoin card page I had it open at that time. But question again, why is it not available to every ATM in the world then? Oh and If its due to an absence of a "proper licensed BTC exchange" or maybe that KYC/AML thing whatever (which I am reading a thread on too as I write this) then don't you think it kind of makes it a little centralized?

Edit  : BTW , Found this while going through the T&C on Spectrocoin's site :

3. YOUR PREPAID CARD
3.1. Subject to the restrictions set out in this Agreement, you can use the Prepaid Card at most locations that display the MasterCard Acceptance Mark or Visa Acceptance Mark, either online, or on the telephone.

ok so yeah,  MC/VISA is there, so yes it is centralized and it connects to "most" locations, it has got to be the ATM consortium issue or limitation with the partner responsible for POS/ATM transactions.

5. First, you say bitcoin shouldn't be another PayPal. Now you suddenly say that they should partner with a bank. (Which is impossible to do) WHAT?!. Bitcoin itself cannot partner with banks (just like any other currency), but a bank can implement bitcoin into their ecosystem.

Ok your statement has confused me even further, so is it the bank that's implementing bitcoin into their system with Spectrocoin ?  Huh what I meant originally was that if this card allows POS/ATM on global banking kiosks/equipment AND charge a fee to the end users for it then there has to be a bank network or at least some payment processor doing the transaction on bank's behalf taking a rev. share no?

6. No idea what you are talking about to be honest. If you mean the transaction fees - it let's miners verify the transaction by including it in the mined block. They don't do everything for free.

Wow .. whatever it was , it wasn't certainly Miners or their transaction fees, this is new to me , yeah I have not read or known anything about miners except the part where they kind of make new coins with a maths machine or something, i'll read up !

I would recommend you to read through the description of "bitcoin" again and rather ask questions instead of complaining.
This post shouldn't be placed in a "service" thread. Post a thread in the "Bitcoin discussion" section.

Really sorry once again if it seemed like I was complaining dude! just trying my best to contribute and help the community grow!

[/quote]
Cmachne79

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 05:03:48 AM

do you have any kind of country restriction, because it is Debit card can i join from anywhere?
Countries currently supported:
Aland Islands Albania American Samoa Andorra Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Bahamas Bahrain Barbados Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia CURACAO Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Dominica Dominican Republic El Salvador Estonia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guyana Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Hong Kong Hungary Iceland Indonesia Ireland Isle of Man Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kiribati Korea (South) Kosovo Kuwait Latvia Lesotho Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Malaysia Maldives Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion Romania Russian Federation Saint Barthelemy Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Martin (French part) Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Serbia Seychelles Singapore Sint Maarten (Dutch part) Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Sweden Switzerland Taiwan, Province of China Thailand Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom Uruguay Vanuatu Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands U.S.

But I would appreciate if you could fill the questionnaire anyway as it is going to be used for scientific research.

did not see this list before... Isn't it exactly or more or less the same as mentioned in link below?
@OP: would be great if you can tell us what is the reason behind this, a lot of other various services/providers have the same Country list while others don't.
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/country_codes/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: