Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2015, 02:37:31 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.10.2 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People taking too many loans?  (Read 1636 times)
Coinshot

Activity: 425

View Profile

Ignore
June 25, 2015, 03:04:45 AM

The loan section on here is an endless mystery to me.

If you have LTC or whatever alt as collateral, why don't you, er, sell it and not require to pay someone interest? It takes a few seconds on most exchanges.

Why would any lender accept an alt as collateral that could go up in smoke at any moment?

I think there must be a shit ton of unwritten rules that I'm not privy to.

There are no rules about loans, only the ones that the parts agree.

But there are common practices and the trust system.

If you think your altcoin will about to skyrocket and you need BTC now, you can use your alt as collateral and keep most of your profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CEX.IO BITCOIN EXCHANGE Buy Bitcoins here visa, mastercard or wire 99% countries covered
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Malaki

Activity: 16

The RoA

View Profile

Ignore
June 25, 2015, 07:06:45 AM

well there can be another reason beside Gambling and gaining rep, lets say cloud mining like eobot or exchanging curcerys coz sometimes  Priceses go down by 30-40% and ppl try to buy them in that moment (if they think it will increase soon) and then sell them and make profit from it.. i do same thing thats why i think thats the reason (i dont take loans) but if u dont have money at that moment loan is good way Smiley

Stop Trolling And Keep RollinG
GannickusX

Activity: 140

FastBets.io ★ A New Way To Play

View Profile

Ignore
June 25, 2015, 09:53:16 AM

well there can be another reason beside Gambling and gaining rep, lets say cloud mining like eobot or exchanging curcerys coz sometimes  Priceses go down by 30-40% and ppl try to buy them in that moment (if they think it will increase soon) and then sell them and make profit from it.. i do same thing thats why i think thats the reason (i dont take loans) but if u dont have money at that moment loan is good way Smiley

Bullshit, how come you never have to money then? Taking loans every week means that you dont have money every week for some odd reason? If someone was indeed mining they would profit from it and they would be able to re-invest their own money no need to search for loans.

The loan section on here is an endless mystery to me.

If you have LTC or whatever alt as collateral, why don't you, er, sell it and not require to pay someone interest? It takes a few seconds on most exchanges.

Why would any lender accept an alt as collateral that could go up in smoke at any moment?

I think there must be a shit ton of unwritten rules that I'm not privy to.

There are no rules about loans, only the ones that the parts agree.

But there are common practices and the trust system.

If you think your altcoin will about to skyrocket and you need BTC now, you can use your alt as collateral and keep most of your profit.

Thats just really risky and not really profitable UNLESS you are taking a huge loan to be able to buy a good amount of altcoins, taking loans of 0.05 wont help you in that strategy because of the fees, you might end up loosing money or winning, what? 0.0001 satoshis of profit which is shit considering all the time and effort

LouisVuitton

Activity: 14

Louis Vuitton

View Profile

Ignore
June 26, 2015, 01:10:00 PM

They are probably doing it to gain trust like you said.
maheshmahi

Activity: 42

View Profile

Ignore
June 26, 2015, 02:37:17 PM

Many of them take loan and invest them just to get interest on them.
But considering the present economy they should know that loan has no value.

▲▼ No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options ▲▼
████████████ sec◔nds trade ████████████
↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓
photon_coin

Activity: 224

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW

Ignore
June 26, 2015, 02:39:22 PM

If you don't have the btc should be rare when you need to borrow it.

Amph

Activity: 826

View Profile

Ignore
June 26, 2015, 03:03:49 PM

the point was , why they are asking for so many loan, if after the first one they could essentially use the their money(that they gave to you) to do their businesss

this could be explained only if for every new loan they need a bigger amount than the previous one, or because they want to increase their trust to scam a big ammount in the end it's a common strategy between scammers

oxiyusuf

Activity: 126

Still Learning

View Profile

Ignore
June 26, 2015, 03:08:13 PM

the point was , why they are asking for so many loan, if after the first one they could essentially use the their money(that they gave to you) to do their businesss

this could be explained only if for every new loan they need a bigger amount than the previous one, or because they want to increase their trust to scam a big ammount in the end it's a common strategy between scammers
Well, thinking of each person is different, we would not know the purpose of a person to borrow, if he does not ask the truth. but someone who has earned the trust feedback of loans, may have a goal to cheat, and the best way to avoid it, is to use a trusted escrow

.          █▄▄ ▄ █▄ ■■ ◥◣◢◤      Professional Crypto and GHash Exchange                                          ** 0% Fee Trades Until September **
.          █▄█ █ █▄ ■■ ◢◤◥◣      USD  EUR  GBP  LTC  BTC
..                  Spend Bitcoin Anywhere in the World with your bit-x Debit Card
oiul

Activity: 42

View Profile

Ignore
July 02, 2015, 10:28:40 AM

It's just the loaners trying to make a small profit off interest. Of course, there are risks too, like some time ago one guy with a big reputation and age on the forum scammed few hundred users.

▲▼ No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options ▲▼
████████████ sec◔nds trade ████████████
↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓
jones techbit

Activity: 114

View Profile

Ignore
July 02, 2015, 10:41:24 PM

a lot of  loans are for gambling ,but there could be potential abusers but that is part of the system.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.