I'm testing a service I put together quickly: for 0.50 BTC
you can send a SMS anywhere
in the world.
I implemented a small "wallet" where you can load & unload bitcoins easily (without any fee, of course) and a really limited interface (you'll soon see how bad I am at design).
NB: Loading coins to the wallet will wait for 3 confirmations (~30 min).URL: http://smsz.net/Missing features:
- View status of previously sent SMS, including transfer status
- Change password/email page
- Longer messages (will bill 0.5BTC * ceil(length_of_message / 160))
- Ability to send messages coming from your own phone number (you put your phone number, pay 0.5BTC, receive a code by SMS you then enter on the site and voila)
- Phone number book
- When entering the destination phone number, the input should be prefixed of country list with number prefix (need to find a database with country iso code -> country phone code list)
- Feature for payments (generate payment urls compatible with mobile phones?)
Can you send me a message telling me where you left the missing bitcoins?