Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2015, 12:28:07 PM *
News: Change your password!

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you selling for Bitcoin? What can you buy with B? Discuss and post here  (Read 6521 times)
The Pharmacist

Activity: 84

Secundum Artem

View Profile

Ignore
May 26, 2015, 03:45:27 PM

Tried selling two old NES games here on the marketplace section, Deadly Towers and Solstice.  I wasn't asking much for both of them, and Deadly Towers was still sealed.  No takers, no offers, nothing.  So I sold DT on Ebay and got a decent price for it, and I still have the other one.  I got cash, which is far more useful for my day to day transactions than BTC.  How do you like them apples, bitches?

Rx advice: 19NDvijojFsMqiXr4xqmxJYorV7zdAqn3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pixskull

Activity: 190

View Profile WWW

Ignore
May 28, 2015, 04:27:26 PM

Tried selling two old NES games here on the marketplace section, Deadly Towers and Solstice.  I wasn't asking much for both of them, and Deadly Towers was still sealed.  No takers, no offers, nothing.  So I sold DT on Ebay and got a decent price for it, and I still have the other one.  I got cash, which is far more useful for my day to day transactions than BTC.  How do you like them apples, bitches?

Sounds like a lot of hate in that message....but i'm sure no one is disagreeing with your statement of what is useful or isn't useful.  But essentially you didn't get "cash" you got sent money digitally from someone's bank account or credit card which is the same number, that doesn't change, and with all the security hacks on the news with credit cards and even tax accounts, I believe the real question is, when someone jacks your credit card or bank info tied to the account that you received that cash on....how do you like them apples?!

It's made to be a more secure alternative, and for all you know if someone paid for it in paypal and you have a merchant account on paypal, they could have paid you with bitcoins without you ever knowing.....

Sorry just had to put in my 2 cents to water down the haterade.

But glad you got your games sold

http://www.pixskull.com
Engraved Glass, Barware, & Custom Blown Glass
The Pharmacist

Activity: 84

Secundum Artem

View Profile

Ignore
May 28, 2015, 06:15:34 PM

Tried selling two old NES games here on the marketplace section, Deadly Towers and Solstice.  I wasn't asking much for both of them, and Deadly Towers was still sealed.  No takers, no offers, nothing.  So I sold DT on Ebay and got a decent price for it, and I still have the other one.  I got cash, which is far more useful for my day to day transactions than BTC.  How do you like them apples, bitches?

Sounds like a lot of hate in that message....but i'm sure no one is disagreeing with your statement of what is useful or isn't useful.  But essentially you didn't get "cash" you got sent money digitally from someone's bank account or credit card which is the same number, that doesn't change, and with all the security hacks on the news with credit cards and even tax accounts, I believe the real question is, when someone jacks your credit card or bank info tied to the account that you received that cash on....how do you like them apples?!

It's made to be a more secure alternative, and for all you know if someone paid for it in paypal and you have a merchant account on paypal, they could have paid you with bitcoins without you ever knowing.....

Sorry just had to put in my 2 cents to water down the haterade.

But glad you got your games sold

Lol, I was under the impression that no one here on this forum actually reads posts, they just write a bunch of rambling nonsense in broken English for signature campaigns.  

Yes, cash is risky, always has been.  But you cannot deny that there are more protections against fraud with fiat than there are for BTC.  Or at least I'd like to hear the counterargument. My point was that it was so much easier to sell my game on Ebay for cash (I think I said in my listing that I'd take BTC as well) than it was to sell it here.  Maybe if there was a crypto-auction site or something...is there?

Rx advice: 19NDvijojFsMqiXr4xqmxJYorV7zdAqn3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.