Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao stands on same sex marriage  (Read 7862 times)
stiffbud (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:27:56 AM

Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao, who is running for a Senate seat in the 2016 Philippine elections, expressed his disapproval on the issue of same-sex marriage when he was asked about his stand.

In an interview with Bilang Pilipino, the data-driven elections coverage by News5, InterAksyon.com, Bloomberg Philippines, Philippine Star, and BusinessWorld, the Sarangani representative said that, coming from a religious background, he could not give it his support.

“As a Christian, same-sex marriage is not allowed. Woman was made for man, man was made for woman.” he said.

“For me, it’s common sense. Will you see any animals where male is to male and female is to female? The animals are better. They know how to distinguish, male or female.”

“If we approve male on male, female on female, then man is worse than animal.”

“Right? Even among animals… those of the same sex are not allowed to lie together. But I’m not condemning them. Just the marriage, the committing of sin against God.”

This topic has made a really bad impact for Pacquiao as he had los a lot of supporters with his lack of proper words to use.

Wha are your thoughts about this guys?

As for me, it is okay for Manny to disagree but he doesn't have the right to degrade other people (the lgbt) and compare it as worse than animals.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:33:21 AM

This is called freedom of speech. And you don't need to tell lies to paint him in bad light. He never said that the homosexuals are "worse than animals". He just said that he does not approve of homosexual marriages. You are getting upset because you are too much concerned about the sensitivities of the homosexuals. What about the cultural sensitivities of the Filipinos, who are deeply religious and conservative?
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:55:42 AM

This is called freedom of speech. And you don't need to tell lies to paint him in bad light. He never said that the homosexuals are "worse than animals". He just said that he does not approve of homosexual marriages. You are getting upset because you are too much concerned about the sensitivities of the homosexuals. What about the cultural sensitivities of the Filipinos, who are deeply religious and conservative?

He is also a brand, meaning he has sponsers like Nike that dropped him. Bugs me when sports stars take all these sponserships and finally speak up at the end of their career. I know Manny has been vocal in the past, so Nike is pathetic.
But thats no shocker.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
stiffbud (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:17:48 AM

I am not upset. I did understand what he is pointing. It's just that it had made a big fuss here in the Philippines because of his choice of words.
AFAIK, the cultural sensitivities  of the Filipino culture is well respected but then homosexuals are barely respected by tons of people. What they are trying to get from the community is respect regardless of their acceptance.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:23:58 AM

I am not upset. I did understand what he is pointing. It's just that it had made a big fuss here in the Philippines because of his choice of words.
AFAIK, the cultural sensitivities  of the Filipino culture is well respected but then homosexuals are barely respected by tons of people. What they are trying to get from the community is respect regardless of their acceptance.

What fagots need is therapy or something like that, not respect. I would ask you how would you respect your son if he one day bring home and introduce his hubby to you.
stiffbud (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:30:26 AM

What fagots need is therapy or something like that, not respect. I would ask you how would you respect your son if he one day bring home and introduce his hubby to you.

I would ask you also if one day it happens that the faggot was you, What would you want other people to treat you?

The problem is some people like you points their finger to other peoples sin such as being gay but you guys cannot point your finger to yourself.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone."

Forgive my American ignorance, but are you saying the Filipinos are tolorant of homosexuals?

That seems surprising... They are barely tolerated here... Many people would murder them if they could get away with it...

Not really. Homosexuals issues in Philippines are still in progress.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:31:06 AM

AFAIK, the cultural sensitivities  of the Filipino culture is well respected but then homosexuals are barely respected by tons of people. What they are trying to get from the community is respect regardless of their acceptance.

I bet your grandpa said the same bullshit about black people

What is wrong with you stone-age religious mental patients?  How did you get out of that straight-jacket?

If you lose respect for your own son... over his choice(?) in who he loves... you are a horrible person
nichu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:48:32 AM

yeah you got the point. he has his freedom and his religious ethics and he said that openly, America is a really hard place to express ones opinion,  i dont know the context of this reference ,but pretty sure he made this comment according to the cultural sensitiveness of the Filipinos
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:56:22 AM

Manny Pacquiao is also a human and sometimes made a mistakes I will vote for him because of his strong Christian conviction..
Cmon guys when every body made him a laughing stock because of his poor english and gets a lot of insult,he did not comment anything or blame anyone instead he takes it as a champion and go on to win championships...

Moloch

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:05:37 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 09:15:51 AM by Moloch

kung hindi mo mahal at nirerespeto ang iyong anak na lalaki, hindi mahalaga kung sino siya loves, pagkatapos ikaw ay ang kakila-kilabot na tao

If Jesus had a son, and Jesus' son was gay... Would Jesus still love his son?
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:15:48 AM

yeah you got the point. he has his freedom and his religious ethics and he said that openly, America is a really hard place to express ones opinion,  i dont know the context of this reference ,but pretty sure he made this comment according to the cultural sensitiveness of the Filipinos

You claim that the US is a hard place to express opinion? It means that you haven't traveled outside the EU/US. Have you ever visited Turkey or Saudi Arabia? Turkey even introduced a law in 1983, to ban private conversations in all languages other than Turkish. How does that sound for the freedom of expression? In Thailand, you can go to prison for insulting the King's dog. Saudi Arabia will deport you, if you are possessing a bible or a Torah. Still, these places seem more liberal to you?
stiffbud (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:12:14 PM

Manny Pacquiao is also a human and sometimes made a mistakes I will vote for him because of his strong Christian conviction..
Cmon guys when every body made him a laughing stock because of his poor english and gets a lot of insult,he did not comment anything or blame anyone instead he takes it as a champion and go on to win championships...

Pacquiao did bring honor to our country as a boxer but I still stand my belief that he will never pass as a politician. His religious view should not be mistaken as a sign that he can properly work as a politician. If he really wants to help, he doesn't need a seat in the senate. He can run for a lower rank as government official rather attempting to run as a senate which his knowledge can't till grasps at the moment.

He is better an athlete, not a politician.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
be48d782

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:35:00 PM

TRUTH for BUTTHURT

If Nike or Starbucks or Apple or Google or Facebook truly cared about Gays and Lesbians, they should boycott Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries whose people have criminalized it and their rulers think much worse about gays and lesbians.
They make more money there that in the U.S

Time for them to take action but they never will.

Come on Nike. Come on Starbucks. Stop the business in homophobic countries and prove your point. I challenge them.

Nike and adidas sponsor many teams and people in those countries.

They like taking action against people who can't fight back. Manny Pacquiao is an Alpha Male and a top boxer on top of that. This war on Alpha males and free speech must stop.

There should be a separation of business and state.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I think all of this persecution of people who have a different opinion will stop if the Middle Eastern countries decide to boycott these companies because these companies will lose billions if they do.
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 01:27:39 PM

kung hindi mo mahal at nirerespeto ang iyong anak na lalaki, hindi mahalaga kung sino siya loves, pagkatapos ikaw ay ang kakila-kilabot na tao

What a stupid post. Sure thing that Jesus would love anyone and forgive any sin, even if someone was gay if he admit it, feel sorry and stop with such bestiality. You should read New Testament, find part about fagots and see what it says.
stiffbud (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:35:50 PM

What a stupid post. Sure thing that Jesus would love anyone and forgive any sin, even if someone was gay if he admit it, feel sorry and stop with such bestiality. You should read New Testament, find part about fagots and see what it says.

The new testament was a distorted version of the history of God. The book was written by tons of mens and also has been translated for a hundred times so how can you even be sure that the book that you are reading is even written with the truth?

I'm surprised that for someone who has time to read the bible, you have some issue with your words that you use to refer to your own kind.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1202

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 02:43:02 PM

I have watch the interview and Manny stated that he has nothing against lesbians and gays it's just what they are doing and beside he is not the one who made it that way the bible clearly stated that it is an abomination to have sex with same sex

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:47:31 PM

nice to see a respected figure speak his mind instead of pandering to mentally ill sodomites

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Moloch

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:13:39 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 06:07:39 PM by Moloch

Oh really? I've read the Bible... Jesus doesn't say a goddamn thing about faggots... Not once you stupid mother fucker

Guess what you stone age hypocrite?

It doesn't matter what the stupid bible says... The bible is wrong in hundreds of places... God's homophobia is simply one thing he is morally wrong about... It's just the tip of the iceberg

How does it feel when Atheists are morally superior to your God?

How do you feel when an Atheist knows more about the bible than you do?
Moloch

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 05:51:50 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 06:09:35 PM by Moloch

nice to see a respected figure speak his mind instead of pandering to mentally ill sodomites

What makes you think that you are the sane person?  You are the one trying to demonize another human being for a choice he makes... that makes you a fucking hypocrite...

Doesn't Jesus say, "love your neighbor as you love yourself"?  That includes gays you stone-age hypocrite

Why do you get to cherry-pick some rubbish out of the Old Testament, ignore everything else in the entire fucking bible... just because you want to hate people?

I dare you to lay a hand on one of these, "mentally ill sodomites"... I will personally fly to the Philippines and beat the religion out of you... with a fork!
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:09:58 PM

What makes you think that you are the sane person?  You are the one trying to demonize another human being for a choice he makes... that makes you a fucking hypocrite...

Doesn't the bible say to love your neighbor as yourself?  That includes gays you stone-age hypocrite

Why do you get to cherry-pick some rubbish out of the Old Testament, ignore everything else in the entire fucking bible... just because you want to hate people?

I dare you to lay a hand on one of these, "mentally ill sodomites"... I will personally fly to the Philippines and beat the religion out of you... with a fork!
you're supposed to love your neighbours not their sins, the new testament condemns sodomy also, london not philippines

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  All
  Print  

Jump to: